PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

She's the news girl on ColtFreaks.

NFL Picks: Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts NFL Betting Odds & Predictions - Onli - Unofficial Indianapolis Colts Fan Forums

We should make NikkiNicole our news girl and put them both in a Pepsi Challenge.

sweet. 24 yr old female bartender who likes to party, and likes football....she'd be perfect if she wasnt a colts fan. Maybe we can convert her. Could one of the Mods please make her an offer to switch to our site? :D

sweet. 24 yr old female bartender who likes to party, and likes football....she'd be perfect if she wasnt a colts fan. Maybe we can convert her. Could one of the Mods please make her an offer to switch to our site? :D

All that which you described is starting to make me think that isn't her in the sig. It's too good to be true. 24 year old female bartender with over 10,000 posts and is an expert in football? She is either a he, or she is tipping the scales at 225+.

They will Lose vs New England....... PATS match
up way to well against INDY.

Just curious, how do we match up well against the Colts? Their defensive weakness is against a good running team which we are not. We are a passing team and that's going to allow one of the best defensive players in the NFL (Freeney) to do what he does best.

On the other side, what we do best defensively is stopping the run which is not the Colts strength. Our defensive weakness (rush the passer) plays into what Peyton is great at.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed that we'll lose, but this is not a great match up for us.

All that which you described is starting to make me think that isn't her in the sig. It's too good to be true. 24 year old female bartender with over 10,000 posts and is an expert in football? She is either a he, or she is tipping the scales at 225+.

Dunno. My wife has her hairdresser cut my hair, easy 'cause it's short. Anyhow the HD is good looking, in her 20s and loves Patriots football. I always prep her with a few slightly obscure football or Patriots facts. She goes to bars, plays dumb on football, and wins bets from guys. She should probably cut me for free. Oh, she's not 225 LBS either (but her mother is).

Just curious, how do we match up well against the Colts? Their defensive weakness is against a good running team which we are not. We are a passing team and that's going to allow one of the best defensive players in the NFL (Freeney) to do what he does best.

On the other side, what we do best defensively is stopping the run which is not the Colts strength. Our defensive weakness (rush the passer) plays into what Peyton is great at.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed that we'll lose, but this is not a great match up for us.

Well, TfB > Warner, but the Cards game was an example of how a matchup like the one you just mentioned might go.

Now, we have a better run game than the Cards, but the Cards receiving corps is pretty impressive @ #1-3 with Fitz, Boldin, & Breaston. The difference will have to be #12 pulling the trigger vs Warner who played poorly, with 2 Ints.

I'm not saying the Pats & Cards are equal, just giving an example of the matchup you asked about.

The Colt's offense this year is really in sync, especially on the crucial, game changing drives that happen at the end of the half, and the opening drives of the 1st & 3rd quarters. I'm really hoping the Pats have some sort of pass rush that week.

Dude. 4-1.

Dude....you're falling into the same trap that Pats fans did when Brady was 6-0 against the Colts up until 2005. We figured he'd never lose to them ever.

That's how its been between these teams. Instead of back and forth, win 1 or 2 then lose 1 or 2, they come in bunches. Pats had a good streak going, then it shifted and the Colts have run off a few.

However, if you're going to accuse Pats fans of looking too far in the past, better heed your own advice. Last year or even the year before have zero bearing on the outcome of the game on the 15th.

Both teams have the capability of beating the other, bottom line is which one plays the better game, executes more effectively and limits mistakes.

No rocket science needed for this one.

Well, TfB > Warner, but the Cards game was an example of how a matchup like the one you just mentioned might go.

Now, we have a better run game than the Cards, but the Cards receiving corps is pretty impressive @ #1-3 with Fitz, Boldin, & Breaston. The difference will have to be #12 pulling the trigger vs Warner who played poorly, with 2 Ints.

I'm not saying the Pats & Cards are equal, just giving an example of the matchup you asked. about.

The Colt's offense this year is really in sync, especially on the crucial, game changing drives that happen at the end of the half, and the opening drives of the 1st & 3rd quarters. I'm really hoping the Pats have some sort of pass rush that week.

Warner was harrased all game by the Colts pass rush which was the difference in the game. Is Vollmer up to the task? Is Light ready?

Warner was harrased all game by the Colts pass rush which was the difference in the game. Is Vollmer up to the task? Is Light ready?
We'll see, but also is the coaching staff up to the task with playcalling as well?

The Colts D is fast and tackles well, so hopefully we're able to stretch the field and not rely on the <15 yd passing game to move the ball all game long.

The running game is going to be a huge factor. It sucks not to have Taylor or Morris, because I really think the Pats could gash the Colts and keep them playing honest.

I'm really hoping this isn't a game were Welker takes a beating.

Gonzalez might not have a job when he gets back.

Collie, Garcon, Clark, Wayne are holding down the fort.

I'd love it if they got rid of him, I think he'd do great here, but I doubt the Colts would cut lose their 1 pick from a few years ago who has been producing for the team.

Re: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

a win is a win...

excuses are for losers.

That's why INDY fans are the way they are.

So that means no excuses for AFCC game right? What about last year?

So that means no excuses for AFCC game right? What about last year?

During the 6-0 run Brady had against the Colts, all Pats fans heard was that the refs were paid off and the NFL wanted to see them in the SB.

What about '07? The number one excuse for the Colts loss was that Marvin Harrison didn't play.

Face it, there will never be a game between the Pats and the Colts where some fans of the losing team don't offer up excuses.

It will happen again on the 15th, guaranteed.

During the 6-0 run Brady had against the Colts, all Pats fans heard was that the refs were paid off and the NFL wanted to see them in the SB.

What about '07? The number one excuse for the Colts loss was that Marvin Harrison didn't play.

Face it, there will never be a game between the Pats and the Colts where some fans of the losing team don't offer up excuses.

It will happen again on the 15th, guaranteed.

That's my point. It's whining if Colts fans do it, but it's not if Patriots fans do the same exact thing.

Nice to see Pats fans living in the past still. This isn't 2004. You're talking about the Pats and Brady owning the Colts?

Brady is 1-3 out of his last 4 VS the Colts.

The Pats are 1-4 out of their last five VS the Colts.

That is all.

Funny how the Colts fan over-look the gift penalties that were called against the Pats in the AFCCG in 2006. Hobbs called for "faceguarding" when the rule isn't even on the books anymore.. Kelvin Hayden draped all over Reche Caldwell in the Endzone on a catchable ball if Hayden hadn't been interferring with Caldwell.

This is a game that will be close, but one the Pats should win. The Colts were finally tested this year by the 49ers. The Colts face a tough 4 game streak facing the Texans twice with the Pats and Ravens in between. I could, very easily, see the Colts going 1-3 over that stretch.. possibly even 0-4.

Colts have not been tested..... in '09

Reality is going to hit you hard w/ a 1 in the loss column. FAKE schedule, very weak.

you can try and be positive....... but be realistic, despite home field advantage the Colts cannot compete. Not a pass rush team...... and not a threat to Brady in the pocket. Brady+ time in the pocket= touchdowns and mad yardage.

PATS have a physical secondary now that is going to dominate. Both teams have a weak running game........ and TFB will continue his lavish record against Peyton. The rivalry between these 2 is very lopsided in BRADY'S Favor..... what will it be now if Brady wins ?? 8?

GAME OVER

Regular season comparison or postseason? number 12 has been clutch.

TFB>Peyton

Not a pash rush team? two of the elite pass rushing ends in the league woud say different.

You do have a much more physical secondary and no one is going to deny that but Garcon is a much more physical receiver then we have ever had.

I am not simply talking about TFB vs Peyton, the game is bigger then that.

The guys that Beat Peyton are gone (Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison) and in there place are younger guys.

This is by far one of the most complete Colt teams in a while. I can no longer look ar our defense and think oh boy we are in trouble. This defense is a little bigger and a lot more aggressive then in years past. Ron Meeks is doing wonders with that defense in Carolina (sarcasm) Coyer has brought a new attitude and we actually blitz on occasion it is amazing :)

Also who knows if the Colts can't compete, they have not been tested you are correct, they have played a softer schedule, however if you won the games you lost the record of your opponents would be what 2 games better then ours? Also the only way to know how good they are is to test them. Then we will see what kind of team they really are.

You can learn a lot from a loss, in fact you can learn more from a loss then you can in a win in my opinion.

We shall see on the 15th what this Colt team is made of.

Dude. 4-1.

Keep telling yourself that. It's your only consolation. Let's just forget that the AFCCG was handed to the Colts by the Refs..

And they weren't "ticky tack" calls. One was 100% bogus as the rule hadn't even been on the books for over a decade. And the other was a non-call that even a blind man would have seen and called.

I'm not sure if you've actually been watching the Patriots or Colts this year, but you clearly don't have either the Pats or Colts pegged..

There is more to defense than a pass rush. First off, the Pats are 5th in the league in pass defense allowing just 176.3 yards per game. The Pats are 15th in the league in run defense, allowing 109.4 yards per game. The Pats also have 7 ints and 12 forced fumbles with 8 fumble recoveries. The Pats also have 13 sacks. The Pats are also only allowing 14 points per game, ranking them 3rd.

The Colts are allowing 180.1 yards passing per game, ranking them 7th. They are 17th in rush defense allowing 112 YPG. The Colts are allowing 13 points per game, ranking them 1st. The Colts have 20 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 9 forced fumbles with 5 recoveries. However, to put things into some perspective, 16 of the Colts 20 sacks came against Arizona, San Fran, St. Louis and Seattle.

Now, comparing the offenses is where things start to get a big different. The Colts and Pats are 1 and 2 in passing yards per game, but the Colts put up 25 more yards a game than the Pats. On the flip side, the Pats running game puts up 115 yards per game compared to just 87.3 for the Colts.

The Pats passing defense will be tested against Manning. That would be the case for ANY HOF QB they'd be facing. But, I fully expect the Pats to focus on shutting down the passing game. The Pats, on offense, will work the pass and run together.

So, while you are right to be worried about Freeney, you need to remember that sacks aren't what's important. Turnovers from pressure on the QB is. And the Pats HAVE been getting pressure on the QBs, whether or not you want to believe it.

Funny how the Colts fan over-look the gift penalties that were called against the Pats in the AFCCG in 2006. Hobbs called for "faceguarding" when the rule isn't even on the books anymore.. Kelvin Hayden draped all over Reche Caldwell in the Endzone on a catchable ball if Hayden hadn't been interferring with Caldwell.

See my previous post. Colts fans were whiners after complaining about 2003 AFCC game officiating.

Keep telling yourself that. It's your only consolation. Let's just forget that the AFCCG was handed to the Colts by the Refs..

And they weren't "ticky tack" calls. One was 100% bogus as the rule hadn't even been on the books for over a decade. And the other was a non-call that even a blind man would have seen and called.

Sometimes you get the calls and sometimes they go against you. Just the nature of the best.

I'm not sure if you've actually been watching the Patriots or Colts this year, but you clearly don't have either the Pats or Colts pegged..

There is more to defense than a pass rush. First off, the Pats are 5th in the league in pass defense allowing just 176.3 yards per game. The Pats are 15th in the league in run defense, allowing 109.4 yards per game. The Pats also have 7 ints and 12 forced fumbles with 8 fumble recoveries. The Pats also have 13 sacks. The Pats are also only allowing 14 points per game, ranking them 3rd.

The Colts are allowing 180.1 yards passing per game, ranking them 7th. They are 17th in rush defense allowing 112 YPG. The Colts are allowing 13 points per game, ranking them 1st. The Colts have 20 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 9 forced fumbles with 5 recoveries. However, to put things into some perspective, 16 of the Colts 20 sacks came against Arizona, San Fran, St. Louis and Seattle.

Now, comparing the offenses is where things start to get a big different. The Colts and Pats are 1 and 2 in passing yards per game, but the Colts put up 25 more yards a game than the Pats. On the flip side, the Pats running game puts up 115 yards per game compared to just 87.3 for the Colts.

The Pats passing defense will be tested against Manning. That would be the case for ANY HOF QB they'd be facing. But, I fully expect the Pats to focus on shutting down the passing game. The Pats, on offense, will work the pass and run together.

So, while you are right to be worried about Freeney, you need to remember that sacks aren't what's important. Turnovers from pressure on the QB is. And the Pats HAVE been getting pressure on the QBs, whether or not you want to believe it.

Just looking at your numbers it also looks as though the Colts have been doing a good job of getting turnovers from pressure on the quarterback, which they have. ;)

This is going to be a hell of a game.

Last edited:

Let's forget that the past two teams have skewed our pass defense stats the way they are. Let's also forget the last two times we've played two passing offenses that could get out of their own way, we've struggled. Yeah, let's forget that and just stare into the stats.

Let's be realistic here. Our main issue with our defense is that we can't generate a consistent pass rush. Our DBs are good, but when you give a good QB (i.e. Orton) in the NFL all the time in the world, it's not going to matter how good your DBs are.

Prime example of what a good pass rush can do: Look at the Giants. When their pass rush is going, it masks how awful their DBs are. So you go convince yourself that a pass rush isn't the most important thing in the pass defense.

Not saying that you are wrong but those calls happen on the road. Not saying they should...they just do. That is why this game is so desperately important for the Colts. They want nothing to do with the possibility of having to go through Foxboro to get to the Super Bowl. Besides the less than optimal (for them) weather in January, those calls are likely not to go their way and they should expect a few to go against them.

This is one tie-breaker that the Colts want to have in their pocket so they can give Sanders the last month of the season off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes