PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLD DEAD 2007 THREAD Pats show interest in dealing for Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey may have had "issues" but none of his issues revolved around his dedication to the game or his work ethic. He busted his butt during his heyday and will be counted as one of the best RB's of all time.
Moss doesn't come close to the original Corey Dillon we knew and loved.

Well put my boyz. Moss is a bonafide loser and there is no way in God's creation the Pats are gonna make a move on this clown.

I'm so furious with this comparison I can't even write.

Thanks.

Memorable quotes for
The Hustler (1961)

Bert Gordon: Eddie, is it alright if I get personal?
Fast Eddie: Whaddaya been so far?
Bert Gordon: Eddie, you're a born loser.
Fast Eddie: What's that supposed to mean?
Bert Gordon: First time in ten years I ever saw Minnesota Fats hooked... really hooked. But you let him off.
Fast Eddie: I told you I got drunk.
Bert Gordon: Sure you got drunk. You have the best excuse in the world for losing; no trouble losing when you got a good excuse. Winning... that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey. You'll drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.
Fast Eddie: Thanks for the drink.

The%20Hustler.jpg

I'm not sure why some people are suggesting that Moss isn't a hard working or dedicated player or a bad teammate.

It's widely known that Moss is a hugely dedicated, very hard working, studious football player who hates to lose. Even BB himself has pointed this out in the past.

Moss might be a pot smoking, punk who takes plays off but few players in this game love it as much as he does, work as hard at his craft as he does, study and understand the game as he does, and hate to lose as he does. The fact that he's the most physcially talented WR to ever play the game is an added bonus with this guy.

It's no surprise to me that the Pats supposed interest in the guy won't go away.

If the Pats are able to find a way to add Randy Moss the road to the SB will be much easier than if they didn't.

Yeah, I agree. My impression of Moss is that he's not the most mature kid in the world, but he's not a complete jerk either. I think he gets bored when he doesn't have a chance to win. When he's motivated, he really plays hard and with focus and intensity. And, incidentally, he's been among the greatest wideouts ever to play the game. He'd be sick on our team.

Moss is notorious for not running crisp routes, what's going to happen when

could you please document this? if he is so notorius than it shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah, I agree. My impression of Moss is that he's not the most mature kid in the world, but he's not a complete jerk either. I think he gets bored when he doesn't have a chance to win. When he's motivated, he really plays hard and with focus and intensity. And, incidentally, he's been among the greatest wideouts ever to play the game. He'd be sick on our team.

I think this is the perception that I have as well.

If the price is right, I say go for it. I think that's the stance that our team would take as well. I'm not sure where the market is right now for him- I'll have to read up a little bit (I've been out of town).

I'm so furious with this comparison I can't even write.

Thanks.

Memorable quotes for
The Hustler (1961)

Bert Gordon: Eddie, is it alright if I get personal?
Fast Eddie: Whaddaya been so far?
Bert Gordon: Eddie, you're a born loser.
Fast Eddie: What's that supposed to mean?
Bert Gordon: First time in ten years I ever saw Minnesota Fats hooked... really hooked. But you let him off.
Fast Eddie: I told you I got drunk.
Bert Gordon: Sure you got drunk. You have the best excuse in the world for losing; no trouble losing when you got a good excuse. Winning... that can be heavy on your back, too, like a monkey. You'll drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. One of the best indoor sports, feeling sorry for yourself. A sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.
Fast Eddie: Thanks for the drink.

The%20Hustler.jpg

The first part was actually a quote from PATSMYBOYZ that I didn't put into quotations as I should have. It was in my opinion the best thought posted on this topic. My apologies to PATSMYBOYZ, it was unintentional. I merely added the last line which is all my mind can come up with in one day. God I hate Randy Moss.

I keep thinking about this , Im like John Henry Im flip floping... I know the Donte Stallworth story out there is disturbing, but I still would take him over Moss...

I keep thinking about this , Im like John Henry Im flip floping... I know the Donte Stallworth story out there is disturbing, but I still would take him over Moss...
I wouldnt. Because I truly think the locker room wouldnt tolerate any crap from him. He wouldnt dare to cause trouble. I could see him turn out like Corey. Not exactly, but maybe that he'd clean up his act and work harder to win a SB.

Moss and Doug Gabriel were close.

Now maybe that doesn't mean anything because these rumors persist, but Gabriel is a less talented version of Moss. Why would we think that Moss would work out when BB couldn't get Gabriel to work out?

If it doesn't work with Moss, does BB bench him to teach him a lesson? Does he chew him out on the sidelines? What do you do with the guy and are you telling me that BB could had made Gabriel work out if he wanted to and he (might) want to make it work with Moss?

This is not a typical Patriot move here.

I'll be excited at the prospects, but awaiting disappointment.

Now maybe that doesn't mean anything because these rumors persist, but Gabriel is a less talented version of Moss. Why would we think that Moss would work out when BB couldn't get Gabriel to work out?

The only thing Gabriel and Moss had in common was dreadlocks. Gabriel is slow as molasses, Moss is a speed demon.

I don't think it's gonna happen but if it does I'd love to be on the tour of the stadium. "And in here we have the owner's office. Meet Bob and his wife Myra. She doesn't like you very much but you already knew that back when they said they would never draft you even if they could."

Precisely, as this linked article suggests, Moss is misunderstood by most casual observers who falsely believe him to be a dud teammate who doesn't care when in fact he's the opposite.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/112504/jag_17282839.shtml

Of note:

Moss has often been a controversial, with a reputation for getting into off-the-field problems. Tice defended him.

"You people who don't know him give him a bad reputation," he said. "He's actually a very hard worker, a very good team leader. He cares about his teammates. He wants to win very, very much. But I think over the course of time, he's like any young man. They mature and they grow not only football-wise but socially.

"He's great with kids. He loves kids. He does a lot for kids. That's Randy Moss in a nutshell."

Leftwich agreed with Tice's description.

"I think everybody who knows him knows what type of guy he is," Leftwich said. "I think most of the people just jump on what they read and what they see and never take the time to get to know him as a person. Everything I know about Randy has always been good from my interactions with him. He's a great guy."

If we get Moss this team steamrolls all the way thru the playoffs to SB victory.

I don't get this whole Moss and Gabriel were friends, blah blah blah, how can this work!!!!???? talk.

Just because they are friends, does not in any way mean they will turn out the same way. Basically what you guys are saying is that friends have to have the exact same personality. While it does seem that Moss doesn't work hard, if you played for the Raiders and you had the same skill as Moss, how hard would you work?

On the other hand, if you had a SB caliber team, with a HOF QB in his prime, it would take someone that is extremely ******* stupid not to work their ass off.

All that said, I'd rather have Stallworth. :)

i'm with the 'no, thanks'

i dont think dillon was ever a character issue guy... he played his ass off for a team that wasnt interested in winning, while he was... moss, on the other hand, admittedly takes plays off, has off-field issues, and is not coachable... stay away from moss

Well said. I never doubted Corey would thrive here. Moss is different. Still not as destructive and stupid as TO. More of a borderline case. But Moss is not a Patriot unless he adjusts his persona a little, and would he do that? He would need to feel a lot of peer pressure to stay in line. Not impossible, but I'd say less than likely.

I tell you what, if the rumors that the Pats didn't really extend an offer sheet to Welker are true and they end up trading a 3rd for him instead, I would be thrilled if the Pats sent the later round 1 pick to Oakland for Moss.

THRILLED.

Belive me, the only people who think it would be bad are the Moss Haters on this board.

I'd LOVE to see Moss in a Pats uni. next year. I feel like he would excel in his new enviorment.

I'd LOVE to see Moss in a Pats uni. next year. I feel like he would excel in his new enviorment.

Oakland was a new environment. He really tore it up there.

I'm not bashing Moss, but all these who think Moss is as good as he was 4 years ago, please, I encourage you to try and give me one reason why we should believe that.

And is it any surprise that these Moss to Pats rumors still have not once been mentioned by any respected source?! I doubt the talks ever existed back near the trading deadline, and I sincerely doubt they are going on now.

Last edited:
Well.. you bring in a bunch of vet's who want to win a Superbowl and what do you have...

I think he would do great with tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes