Welcome to PatsFans.com

OLD DEAD 2007 THREAD Pats show interest in dealing for Moss

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NEPat, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEPat

NEPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

According to Tomase in today's Herald:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=186445

Belichick may indeed love him, and as the article points out they've taken risks on questionable character guys like Dillon before...

I would've said 'no way' if you asked me a few days ago, but as crazy as the offseason has been so far, I'm not ruling anything out.
  2. ChoWZa

ChoWZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well.. you bring in a bunch of vet's who want to win a Superbowl and what do you have...
  3. pats63

pats63 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would rather get Stallworth before Moss....
  4. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Interesting.... I liked Moss in Minnesota... There's the deep threat everyone's been looking for... Hmmm... I like the idea...
  5. ChoWZa

ChoWZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd probably agree here but wouldn't be disappointed if we got Moss... Primarily because Stallworth is only 25.
  6. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Ehhhhh. It worked with Dillon but Moss is 30 and he isnt known for being a hard worker or a team player. But who knows? If he goes to a competitive team that might be different.

If we got him and it somehow worked out, it would be a very good thing but I am personally worried about how the locker room will react if he somehow came here.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

The only question about this is his salary, he is making close to 10m this year, not sure if we have that much wiggle room right now.. hate to see him tied up for this much money at the expense of our depth. OTOH I think he could be neutralized on this team, and be an asset.
  8. The 12th Man

The 12th Man Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You can't bring the age factor into this since Dillon was either 29 or 30 when we got him. And RBs don't usually play as long as WRs do. Other than that, nobody really knows I guess what could happen. Without taking the risk though, there might not be a reward. Personally, I wanted Drew Bennett the most, but that's over. Stallworth or Moss would give us the deep threat we need IF they play to their potential. That big IF is especially bigger for Moss.
  9. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he should come down here and hook back up with Daunte. Can you imagine the down field passing game the Dolphins would have with Culpepper, Moss and Chambers?
  10. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As someone who had chambers on my fantasy team last year there wasn't a whole helluva lot of hooking up downfield with him.
  11. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can thank Mr. Joey I can't throw the ball more than 10 yard Harrington for that one.
  12. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Or Mike "I Won't Have My Quarterbacks Throw the Ball More Than Ten Yards" Mularkey.

OT: Did the 'phins retain Mularkey after they made Cameron OC?
  13. stinkypete

stinkypete Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Keep in mind in this discussion about dealing Moss the possibility of the Pats looking to move down in the draft. A pick swap (NE's #24 for OAK's #33) carries a 180 point value, equivalent to a mid-3rd round pick. Perhaps such a deal could be swung with minimal draft pick cost.
  14. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

While intriguing, I don't see Al Davis swinging a deal like that, it just seems foolish, and despite what we all may say/think, it's still Randy Moss, and to trade him without gaining anything except moving up five spots in the draft is still a little foolish. The actual third round pick, although possibly being lower, would probably be more realistic. Or the third round pick and the swap.
  15. mac

mac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes. A team not only has to bring in new players but also has to bring in new hunger.
  16. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +166 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

What the hell...IF he agrees to restructure his contract than lets get him and as people like to say Brady never has had a true #1 WR.
  17. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0

Absolutely, bring him in. If BB is willing to spend a 2nd on Welker, surely he'd do as much for Moss. Moss is a top-5 WR in the NFL, unquestionably.

BB is famous for not evaluating players' success based on how they play for other teams. A HOF player playing for a team like Oakland would come away with all kinds of rumors that he's lost a step, or isn't focused.

And even if he did need a mental adjustment, surrounding him with a squad of Patriots should solve the question. There are two ways he can respond to the Pats: Terry Glenn or Corey Dillon. With those two as examples, who would choose to be the next Glenn?
  18. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I have to agree with that...
  19. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Here is also what I wont do either, a thrid round pick and say Assante Samual for him... If Miami matches the Welker offer, I say a 2 and a 4 at the most... But no higher than a second .. But then again why would Oakland give us a discount...
  20. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If I could be assured that he wouldn't be a locker room distraction, I'd feel better about the idea. But I don't know, this is starting to feel a little Redskin-esque to me....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.