PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLD DEAD 2007 THREAD Pats show interest in dealing for Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakland was a new environment. He really tore it up there.

I'm not bashing Moss, but all these who think Moss is as good as he was 4 years ago, please, I encourage you to try and give me one reason why we should believe that.

And is it any surprise that these Moss to Pats rumors still have not once been mentioned by any respected source?! I doubt the talks ever existed back near the trading deadline, and I sincerely doubt they are going on now.

Last i checked Oakland's environment is not even close to New England's examples of professionalism and veteran leadership.

Of course he isn't as amazing as he was 4 years ago, however he still is a good player and would be an a good upgrade. I feel he would thrive Tom throwing him the ball.

Last i checked Oakland's environment is not even close to New England's examples of professionalism and veteran leadership.

Of course he isn't as amazing as he was 4 years ago, however he still is a good player and would be an a good upgrade. I feel he would thrive Tom throwing him the ball.

A 30 year old grown adult needs examples of professionalism and leadership in order to fulfill his potential? Frankly, I don't care about Moss' attitude or anything - I think the "he's not a Pats type player" is overrated - but the fact is, he's just not as good anymore.

*BUMP* Sorry to bump an oldie but I was bored and just wanted to say: GOOD GOD WERE MOST OF US WRONG!

*BUMP* Sorry to bump an oldie but I was bored and just wanted to say: GOOD GOD WERE MOST OF US WRONG!

anyone have a link to the moss intvw this yr which detailed how the deal got done ?.Him sitting in a bar and brady called. how when he came to camp BB ragged on brady also which made him feel one of the guys ?
it was a great read...

Never wronger or happier.:D

Kontra, now that I think about it, this 'bump' will be responsible for two things in the morning.

The first thing will not be good. Hundreds of Pats fans will log onto this site in the morning, and instantly drop dead from shock when they see the thread title.

The second thing will probably be very funny. Sometime during the night, Florio will see the thread title, but not the date of this thread. He will then try to 'break' the story on his site. Then Clayton, or some other twit at ESPN will say they have inside info that the Pats are trying to trade Moss. :D

Kontra, now that I think about it, this 'bump' will be responsible for two things in the morning.

The first thing will not be good. Hundreds of Pats fans will log onto this site in the morning, and instantly drop dead from shock when they see the thread title.

The second thing will probably be very funny. Sometime during the night, Florio will see the thread title, but not the date of this thread. He will then try to 'break' the story on his site. Then Clayton, or some other twit at ESPN will say they have inside info that the Pats are trying to trade Moss. :D

And the really funny part would be it being credited to "lying piece of ***** who shall not be named" Herald reporter who hasn't been canned yet!?!?!?
:violent:

I remember the week leading up to the draft hearing the rumour and the last I read was it was off. Then while eating lunch during the start of the 2nd day of the draft, when Adam Schefter came on the screen with "breaking news" :D

There should be some way that Lazarus threads like this are noted in the title..so as not to cause confusion..OR mayve another way that this can be done...OR a way to not allow it in general.

We're making a deal for Santana Moss?????!!!???!!?

;)

Better thread title. The original title scared the bejesus out of me. I was starting to wonder if any of the team from this year would be returning next year.

Last edited:
anyone have a link to the moss intvw this yr which detailed how the deal got done ?.Him sitting in a bar and brady called. how when he came to camp BB ragged on brady also which made him feel one of the guys ?
it was a great read...

Bill Reynolds -- Randy Moss tells magazine how he became a Patriot, and much more | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

The original article in the fall edition of Blitz is much longer and is great. I am surprised that Projo was the only local paper to run parts of the interview.

OR mayve another way that this can be done...OR a way to not allow it in general.
Ian said he didn't like seeing old threads get bumped.
I think if someone needs to dig up an old thread for some reason, just start a new thread with whatever title and link to the old thread in your first post.

I see the thread police are all over this. Which three people were the ones that gave me the obnoxious rep? Seriously, if you're going to give a bad rep to someone, at least be man enough to put your name in it.

Ian said he didn't like seeing old threads get bumped.
I think if someone needs to dig up an old thread for some reason, just start a new thread with whatever title and link to the old thread in your first post.

I don't know why he feels that. Half the fun of sports messageboard are that what you said is "on record" and can be held against you at any time. :)

The respectable fantasy football MB I frequent (footballguys.com), there are always a fair number of old, epic posts being bumped up onto the front page. I think it makes things a lot more fun, but as we all know "fun" is a four-letter word at PatsFans.com. :rolleyes:

What I'd actually much rather see bumped, BTW, is the Moss trade rumor thread from the previous season. I'd say at that time the board was 90% "moss is a cancer"; the stance softened after the 06 Season of Reche however. :)

Of course, I was pro-Moss from jump street. ;)

Last edited:
I see the thread police are all over this. Which three people were the ones that gave me the obnoxious rep? Seriously, if you're going to give a bad rep to someone, at least be man enough to put your name in it.

So because they couldn't be bothered to actually read the word "for" in the thread title, or to look at the posting dates, 3 people actually gave you negative rep?

We really need to end the anonymity part of the rep, and to get an assclown asylum set up.

Last edited:
So because they couldn't be bothered to actually read the for "for" in the thread title, or to look at the posting dates, 3 people actually gave you negative rep?

We really need to end the anonymity part of the rep, and to get an assclown asylum set up.

Yeah. I guess pie in the sky threads about getting Shanahan here to be an offensive coordinator (LOL), trading for Tony Gonzalez (LMAO), or landing Darren Sproles or the Chargers punter after one good game (LMFAO), or keeping Cassel and getting rid of Brady (ROFLMAO!!!) are all so much better and legit then bumping a thread and realizing how wrong we all were to be trashing Moss and saying we would all rather have Stallworth over him.

I leave my name in any rep I give, whether it's negative or positive. That's because I know a fist isn't going to fly through my screen and stick me in the face. It's the internet people! Grow some nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye