PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLD DEAD 2007 THREAD Pats show interest in dealing for Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I was going to say that, but I thought about it for a second and it's not quite true. Most of the overpriced players on the Redskins want to get paid.

Back atcha on the :rofl: I just couldn't resist the line. I think you're right, but if it turns out we are going after Moss, it does look like Piolichick might be making a slight change to the secret sauce recipe this offseason...not that I'm complaining

With the Eagles three points away from hoisting the Lombardi?

I was thinking about the cancer in the locker room, but if you want to talk about the failure of the addition of T.O. to get them a Super Bowl victory, we can do that, too. :bricks:

I was thinking about the cancer in the locker room, but if you want to talk about the failure of the addition of T.O. to get them a Super Bowl victory, we can do that, too. :bricks:

People already mention the 4 points from the SB title, but lets not forget.............. without TO, they wouldn't even have been in that game.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy........ I'm just saying

People already mention the 4 points from the SB title, but lets not forget.............. without TO, they wouldn't even have been in that game.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the guy........ I'm just saying

They made it through the playoffs without him, which is different than the entire season, but the competition was supposed to be the best in those playoffs. Never-the-less, I get what you're saying.

i thought we should go after Moss last year but now he's not only a year older--going into his 10th season--but he's still expensive and we also don't know how his approach to the game was demoralised by another year on the Paraders. the risk is a lot higher this year. i was getting ready to jump on the Stallworth bandwagon until I read about the substance abuse issues. maybe it's time to find plan C or D...

When the Pats traded for Dillon I knew they were going to the superbowl, if they got Randy Moss, they're going to the Superbowl.

It's widely known that Moss is a hugely dedicated, very hard working, studious football player who hates to lose. Even BB himself has pointed this out in the past.

Huh? A huge knock on Moss throughout his career is that he takes plays off and refuses to block. Moss many times refuses to even get off the line of scrimmage on plays that he isn't designed to be the primary WR. He admitted to taking plays off in the NFC Championships against the Giants in the 2000 season.

Moss does hate to lose, but unlike a lot of other players who hate to lose he quits on his team when the chips are down.

Personally, I think the Pats are interested only if the Raiders give Moss away and Moss takes a Dillon type discount. I don't think the Raiders or Moss will be willing to do that.

he usually quits when the team start to sink.

3630466_7a220bcac2_m.jpg

Just say No!

When the Pats traded for Dillon I knew they were going to the superbowl, if they got Randy Moss, they're going to the Superbowl.

IIRC Dillon was ALWAYS considered a hard worker in Cincy, he just was a PITA malcontent off field. What worries me is Moss is OCCASIONALLY a hard worker and a PITA malcontent off field. There is a huge difference between the two if that is the case.

Am I remembering Dillon (pre-Pats) incorrectly?

Last edited:
after reading the board this morning, I couldn't help but think how great it would be to be a fly on the wall in Pioli and Belichick's offices this week. we know that they are both incredibly data driven guys, but I wonder how they mix instinct and data in making a final decision like the Moss/Stallworth/whoever-if-anybody decision? at some point they have to push the folders and files and spreadsheets aside and look each other in the eye and speak from their gut..."yeah, let's go for it," or "nah, what were we even thinking to consider the guy?"

Last edited:
The guy we just got, Wes Welker is the ANTI-Moss. He gives 100% on EVERY play. The Raiders are going to want a 1st round pick & for a guy who is clearly on the decline, Randy is not worth it IMO.

Why? Is Moss remotely the same receiver he was three years ago which was the last time he was a dominant WR. As Charlie Casserly said on WEEI today, Moss was always a one dimensional player (although he was All World at that dimension), but many people around the league feel he has lost that extra gear that made him special. Dillon, on the other hand, only had one down year due to injuries and the Bengals deciding to go with Rudi Johnson at the time we acquired him.

I think Moss and Dillon are two different situations. People want to compare the two because they were two disgruntled players who have in the past been dominant players. But the details between the two are completely different.

While I agree with that statement, the addition of Randy Moss to the Patriots would remind me of the acquisition of Terrell Owens by the Eagles prior to the '04 season. And we all know how that ended.
Cousin,
Ironically TO did bring the Eagles a trip to the SB.....like the stiff or not. He was no slouch either and busted his butt to recover and play. Was there jealousy between he and McNabb? Yes! It was McNabb that failed the Eagles down the last part of the game, not TO. I do not like TO but he was a good soldier to get ready for that game. Perhaps if Moss sees the significance in his career of a SB ring he puts it back into gear for a season or two.

If I recall, didn't Gabriel say that Moss was actually a pretty good guy and helped him quite a bit (not that that helped him here either)? I think Gabriel did not have the mental capacity to be a WR in NE. Now.....I wonder about CJ?

Am I a fan about Mosses antics? No! Can he be the best WR on the field? Yes!
Does he want a ring? Will he drink the Koolaid here? One would hope. He does not get the elbow room here he had in Oakland. They looked at him as a leader ther. That is not what Moss does. We have leaders. Do you think Brady lets him take plays off?

DW Toys

he usually quits when the team start to sink.

Yeah, but that can happen in the conference championships. He quit on a 15-1 team after they went down 21-0 in the NFC Conference Championships. People think he quit on the Raiders just because they are so miserable. Moss has a long history of when the chips are down to quit even on very good teams.

Let's not forget that the delusional Al Davis wanted 2 #1's for Joey Porter...so i can't even imagine what the price would be for Moss. Just say no!

Moss' only redeeming quality at this time is that he partakes of the mother nature.

Otherwise, he would be too costly to aquire, too expensive to pay, and too much of a constant circus. There must be better options, even if Miami matches and Stallworth rooms with Britney Spears.

Cousin,
Ironically TO did bring the Eagles a trip to the SB.....like the stiff or not. He was no slouch either and busted his butt to recover and play. Was there jealousy between he and McNabb? Yes! It was McNabb that failed the Eagles down the last part of the game, not TO. I do not like TO but he was a good soldier to get ready for that game. Perhaps if Moss sees the significance in his career of a SB ring he puts it back into gear for a season or two.

If I recall, didn't Gabriel say that Moss was actually a pretty good guy and helped him quite a bit (not that that helped him here either)? I think Gabriel did not have the mental capacity to be a WR in NE. Now.....I wonder about CJ?

Am I a fan about Mosses antics? No! Can he be the best WR on the field? Yes!
Does he want a ring? Will he drink the Koolaid here? One would hope. He does not get the elbow room here he had in Oakland. They looked at him as a leader ther. That is not what Moss does. We have leaders. Do you think Brady lets him take plays off?

DW Toys

You pretty much brought up my concerns with Moss in your post. Moss is the type of person who will push back when teammates, media, coaches? get on him. Moss is notorious for not running crisp routes, what's going to happen when Brady rips into him on the field or the sideline when he messes up a route? What's going to happen if he doesn't follow the "Patriot way" and the vets start getting on him in the locker room?

We saw what happened with Gabriel while he was here and we all know that Gabriel and Moss are friends. Did Moss have a negative effect on Gabriel? Gabriel wasn't falling in line here in NE, was part of that due to Moss's influence on him? If so, I don't want Moss around Jackson or any other young guy in the Pats locker room. There are some guys that can't handle criticism and Moss seems to be that type of guy.

It's a risky chance to take but I don't like the trade because Moss has proven to be a me first player and not a team player. Have we forgotten what the Pats are all about? Which team started the team introduction instead of individual introductions at the SB? Moss may still have a few good years left in him (especially since he really didn't play last year) but I think that we can get a guy to be a "Moss type" without the attitude and negative influences.

Corey may have had "issues" but none of his issues revolved around his dedication to the game or his work ethic. He busted his butt during his heyday and will be counted as one of the best RB's of all time.
Moss doesn't come close to the original Corey Dillon we knew and loved.

Well put my boyz. Moss is a bonafide loser and there is no way in God's creation the Pats are gonna make a move on this clown.

If they can swing a good deal, he might be worth the risk. As much as my rational mind thinks it might end badly, I still get a little tingle thinking about a pissed off Randy Moss, ready to prove that he's still elite, wearing a Pats uniform.

And I bet I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye