PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking for Pats fans from 2001

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
My son and I went to the last game of the year in 2001 at Charlotte and we, along with thousands of Pats fans, took over the nearly empty place on a cold and drizzly day. We were also scoreboard watching and started doing the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets chant in hopes that the Jets would beat the Raiders and give us our last home playoff game at the old stadium. It worked.

After the game ended the few thousand of us Pats fans gathered under the stadium on the way out and just sat there cheering on the Pats. It got louder and louder as more fans came down. The stadium workers looked at us like we were nuts. It was an awesome experience and if not for me nearly being mugged outside the hotel at 5 AM that morning I'd call it perfect.

My problem is that I can't seem to find any other Pats fans who were there. It was a fantastic experience and I was hoping that someone who was also there or knew of someone who was there would see this post. Let me know if you're out there.

I was there. I'd been given the ticket by the company I'd worked for at the time.

Loved seeing Kraft at the tunnel when the team came off the field. My only regret was not having a digital camera at the time.

That sounds awesome man. I watched on tv if that helps :) i do remember the weather looked like crap and the panthers ran for a ton of yards but we still blew them out. And then caught the end of the jets game when they nailed a 50 some yard fg to get us the bye. That was just one of several dominoes needing to fall down the stretch to get us the bye, this team was truly blessed!

Like @PATSYLICIOUS, I watched it on TV....the most memorable thing for me was seeing a sullen looking bearded Bledsoe on the sidelines in one of those big overcoats....

During the 2001 season, I went to these games:

vs. Jets in week "3" (Mo Lewis game)
vs. Colts in week "4" (Brady's first start)
vs. Browns in week "13" (Troy Brown returned a punt for a TD)

In those days, it was EASY to get tickets......

Like @PATSYLICIOUS, I watched it on TV....the most memorable thing for me was seeing a sullen looking bearded Bledsoe on the sidelines in one of those big overcoats....

I was at the Jet and Browns game, too. I had the Chargers and the Dolphins, but gave them up for some reason, don't recall why. Went to the Snow Bowl too.

EDIT: and SB 36

Last edited:
That's an awesome story 1960Pats. Reminds me of all the great times I had with my dad at the old stadium. I was at every home game in 2001. The very last one, the Snow Bowl, is an unforgettable all timer. That game, the Tuna Bowl, and the '96 AFCCG are my favorite games in the old stadium.

I was there. I'd been given the ticket by the company I'd worked for at the time.

Loved seeing Kraft at the tunnel when the team came off the field. My only regret was not having a digital camera at the time.
Wow! You're the first Pats fan that I've run into who was there. Were you doing the Jets chant?

Our youngest son isn't a sports fan but he agreed to go to the game on the way to Atlanta, where he was going to school at the time.

I enjoyed the way the team interacted with us during the game. I also enjoyed seeing the Panthers fan with a bag over his head get up and move to the other side with the couple dozen of Panthers fans who were spread out over there.

On the trip down I introduced my son to Prince's music. I was surprised that he didn't know who he was and he asked if he was some one-hit wonder. I laughed and waited until he heard him to tease him.

Last edited:

I never had season tickets (we were on the list) but back in those days it was easy to get tickets that were turned back in and resold at face value. Many times I had my choice of where to sit. Ironically, it wasn't that long ago that the Pats refunded our $200 deposit to be on the waiting list, which is what gave us the chance to buy the tickets.

That's an awesome story 1960Pats. Reminds me of all the great times I had with my dad at the old stadium. I was at every home game in 2001. The very last one, the Snow Bowl, is an unforgettable all timer. That game, the Tuna Bowl, and the '96 AFCCG are my favorite games in the old stadium.
I worked with 3 guys who went to the snow bowl. I couldn't wait to get to work and talk to the guys about it. One guy got so drunk that he left at halftime and another just plain quit on them (a big Bledsoe fan). But the third guy, who came in at noon was the one who stayed and he had some great stories. The only issue he had was that it was hard to see Adam's game-tying kick because of the heavy snow

That sounds awesome man. I watched on tv if that helps :) i do remember the weather looked like crap and the panthers ran for a ton of yards but we still blew them out. And then caught the end of the jets game when they nailed a 50 some yard fg to get us the bye. That was just one of several dominoes needing to fall down the stretch to get us the bye, this team was truly blessed!
Luckily I went to a local department store the night before the game and bought two red rain parkas that came in handy for the first quarter when there was heavy drizzle. The rain stopped pretty early and it was just cloudy for 3 quarters or so after that.

Luckily I went to a local department store the night before the game and bought two red rain parkas that came in handy for the first quarter when there was heavy drizzle. The rain stopped pretty early and it was just cloudy for 3 quarters or so after that.

When I moved down to NC, it was in Aug of 2001. I hadn't brought any of my heavy winter jackets with me. So I went down to Walmart and got a jacket that had a zip-in fleece lining. I also wore a hooded sweatshirt underneath. The outer layer of the jacket was soaked, but the fleece stayed dry. I remember moving down to the lower bowl and being enamored by all the Pats fans that were there at the time.

John Hall

I worked with 3 guys who went to the snow bowl. I couldn't wait to get to work and talk to the guys about it. One guy got so drunk that he left at halftime and another just plain quit on them (a big Bledsoe fan). But the third guy, who came in at noon was the one who stayed and he had some great stories. The only issue he had was that it was hard to see Adam's game-tying kick because of the heavy snow

Single greatest field goal in NFL history...bar none...and it was also hard to see on TV as well....

I think the 2nd best was the 2003 playoff game winner against the Titans...that ball was like a Martian rock....

Single greatest field goal in NFL history...bar none...and it was also hard to see on TV as well....

I think the 2nd best was the 2003 playoff game winner against the Titans...that ball was like a Martian rock....
I was in that end zone, about 15 rows up and honestly could not really tell if it went through until I saw the refs r as use their hands.

Where did you guys sit in the old stadium... We were in 12
--------

wasn't at the Carolina game, was at the very last game of the 01 season though... That was an epic game...

and went to the last regular season game in 07, in the Meadowlands... Awesome game, nightmare scenario trying to get out of there...

Last edited:
Where did you guys sit in the old stadium... We were in 12
207. There was hardly a bad view in that entire stadium. 60,000 crammed in like sardines on metal benches with stickered numbers but great for seeing the game.

207. There was hardly a bad view in that entire stadium. 60,000 crammed in like sardines on metal benches with stickered numbers but great for seeing the game.
12 was the south end zone... The snow bowl... what a game... 4 kicked his fg into our end zone that game... Hehehe we deep fried a turkey in the parking lot that night... Will never forget it... Was the most memorable game I've ever been to, even more so than the 3 suoer bowl i went to...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back