PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Wk3 Pre-Season Game Day Thread @Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something amazing to think about we traded Chandler Jones and our pass rush may be improved.

Didn't get to see the game.

However of such is true it's not suprising. Jones was overrated HERE. He will be a monster in AZ be user they will use him the way he should be. He isn't like some that are equally good at edge setting AND rushing the passer. Jones is really good at one and not the other.

Didn't have the opportunity to see JG tonight but appears the consensus is he played quite poorly. I've been of unsure of him ever since the beginning.

I don't feel comfortable about him starting those first four weeks but I stand by my prediction of 2-2, maybe even 3-1 if we are fortunate and Garropolo doesn't shoot us in the foot too much. He has no shortage of offensive weapons w/Gronk, Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, Amendola. The defense looks like it'll be a force. We've got three home games.

JG is going to really have to **** up for us to wind up worse than 2-2 IMO.
I think Grop will get us to 3-1 ... he's good enough but I don't see huge upside with him.
He seems like Matt Cavanaugh 2.0 to me ... smart, mobile, decent arm but lacking physical ability upside.
Good enough will be fine while Brady is out ... Brissett is clearly the future for now between him and Grop.

With a full arsenal and with an excellent defense I'm optimistic about 2-2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes a 5ft 8 undrafted rookie who would you throw at?
Is that your argument for why he should make the team?
He is small and no one wanted to draft him of course QBs lick their chops when he is on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST