PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Wk3 Pre-Season Game Day Thread @Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones with a nice play there! Knocked it right out.

Garrett was a guy I liked a lot. Good hands, even though he got that one out of bounds.

Brissett looks like it's HE that has been in the league for a couple years. Anybody who thinks this dink/dunk JimmyG schtick is going to lead to any success against NFL defenses has rocks in their heads. He sucked the life out of the offense to start the game, Brady came in and breathed life into it, then JAG sucked the life out of it again until Brissett came in and re-invigorated the offense. What the hell game have YOU been watching?

I'm not pretending everything is roses and sunshine but to proclaim that we're headed to 0-4 as you did a few posts back seems incredibly premature. Did you not watch Denver win the Super Bowl last season with the worst starting QB in the NFL?

We're not just Tom Brady.

Damn LeBlanc seems to be gassed. Still no excuse. If we give up another last minute TD 2 games in a row i will be ticked.

I think you are reading WAY too much into the vanilla game plans (we all know Garropolo is day 1 starter and BB ain't tipping his hand ) and the fact that JG was playing against the #1 Carolina D......Brissett looked great....but let's be honest chief, ....he was going up against their 2nd and 3rd stringers. Now that having been said Brissett looked good against that talent and has poise ....down the road he could be good....

This game means squat to me other than what I SEE in an NFL PLAYER that marks him for success. I've been to a lot of camp practices, all the preseason games at home and I watch every snap possible. IMO JAG isn't even a good THIRD QB. His reads are far too slow and his ball security non-existent. He's a string of blowouts waiting to happen if he keeps up these shaky opening quarters. OK, they HAVE to play him to start the season. We all know that....but, I'd feel much more comfortable if they signed a backup with NFL game experience just in case this wide-eyed choke factory keeps looking like he has so far.

I don't care if that is a TD or not. The fact Jones got beat is what is important for the purpose of this game.

No, the fact that he was aware and pushed him out for no play is important.

Richards. These young players need to learn how to finish games. They run out of gas or let up.

I'm not pretending everything is roses and sunshine but to proclaim that we're headed to 0-4 as you did a few posts back seems incredibly premature. Did you not watch Denver win the Super Bowl last season with the worst starting QB in the NFL?

We're not just Tom Brady.
Great post CPG.....well said

Meh, when the starters were in, we destroyed them. Not worried.

Brissett looks like it's HE that has been in the league for a couple years. Anybody who thinks this dink/dunk JimmyG schtick is going to lead to any success against NFL defenses has rocks in their heads. He sucked the life out of the offense to start the game, Brady came in and breathed life into it, then JAG sucked the life out of it again until Brissett came in and re-invigorated the offense. What the hell game have YOU been watching?
I know there's no Gronk (let's face it, he changes everything) but I keep watching Jimmy G wanting to be impressed only to be left unimpressed. JAG is infinitely better when he makes a quick decision and trusts in that. The problem is, to me, it looks like he's second guessing himself on the field, which leads to confusion, which leads to nowhere.

Let's hope JAG finds something during the season.

No the fact that he was aware and pushed him out for no play is important.

That minor push had nothing to do with it. The WR had every chance to dot the i and drag his foot. The fact he was inexperienced is what saved Jones.

Going for the unbeaten season in New Jersey, let's get our revenge!

Well as always I appreciate your opinion....and just feel like you are giving a little too much credit to Brissett here...,he's playing the backups! Does he have potential hell yes!!! But he's got to do it against the first team D a lot of times before he is ready

QUOTE="Joker, post: 4701457, member: 2321"]This game means squat to me other than what I SEE in an NFL PLAYER that marks him for success. I've been to a lot of camp practices, all the preseason games at home and I watch every snap possible. IMO JAG isn't even a good THIRD QB. His reads are far too slow and his ball security non-existent. He's a string of blowouts waiting to happen if he keeps up these shaky opening quarters. OK, they HAVE to play him to start the season. We all know that....but, I'd feel much more comfortable if they signed a backup with NFL game experience just in case this wide-eyed choke factory keeps looking like he has so far.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes