PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Wk3 Pre-Season Game Day Thread @Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not pretending everything is roses and sunshine but to proclaim that we're headed to 0-4 as you did a few posts back seems incredibly premature. Did you not watch Denver win the Super Bowl last season with the worst starting QB in the NFL?

We're not just Tom Brady.

Yes, on any given Sunday a good defense can dominate a game, especially at home, and lead to easy victories. That is NOT how you are supposed to look at it however. You must plan on good balance, a good offense, defense and special teams. All things being equal, this team should not even LOSE a game at home. I'd guess 3-1 if I had seen ANYTHING that inspires confidence out of Garropolo. I don't. Hope he makes me eat my words. Seems you just want me to shutup and play patty cake like a little braindead homer.
There ARE a number of variables you can't factor in to tonight's performance, personnel wise. I understand that perfectly. I just DO NOT LIKE what I'm seeing out of JAG's body language on the field and his questionable decision making coupled with a persistent flaw in his ball security.

Once again remember BB is running the ULTRA vanilla offense with JG..... Wants everyone to think he can't get it done .....will be interesting week 1.....I'm not saying he is a starter in years to come, more like Huard and Hoyer....but he can win a few before Tom gets back!

Yes, on any given Sunday a good defense can dominate a game, especially at home, and lead to easy victories. That is NOT how you are supposed to look at it however. You must plan on good balance, a good offense, defense and special teams. All things being equal, this team should not even LOSE a game at home. I'd guess 3-1 if I had seen ANYTHING that inspires confidence out of Garropolo. I don't. Hope he makes me eat my words. Seems you just want me to shutup and play patty cake like a little braindead homer.
There ARE a number of variables you can't factor in to tonight's performance, personnel wise. I understand that perfectly. I just DO NOT LIKE what I'm seeing out of JAG's body language on the field and his questionable decision making coupled with a persistent flaw in his ball security.

Once again remember BB is running the ULTRA vanilla offense with JG..... Wants everyone to think he can't get it done

Bull

Is Jordan Richards at risk? He struggles in coverage and seems to dupicate what Chung provides, a role that, perhaps, KGH could backup.

Richards. These young players need to learn how to finish games. They run out of gas or let up.

I put in Harmon and use McCourty in Chung's role if he were to go down because Richards has struggled in man coverage these last 3 weeks.

I think he CAN be the QB in some wins at home, STC. I just have this feeling of dread that he's going to get murdered by the Arizona defense, the Pats will get beat, the media will jump in with fangs and claws bared...and we'll see the same timid, mistake prone JAG we saw all night tonight.
From what I see, this defense is bordering on awesome. They should be able to dictate field position, especially at home. The one person I have total confidence in is BB.

Is Jordan Richards at risk? He struggles in coverage and seems to dupicate what Chung provides, a role that, perhaps, KGH could backup.

Yeah I just posted about that. Forgot about KGH possibly doing that too,

He doesn't explode into the ball carrier doesn't have quick feet or hips.
I would try Leblanc at safety.
I Like Sunseri better than Richards also.

I think he CAN be the QB in some wins at home, STC. I just have this feeling of dread that he's going to get murdered by the Arizona defense, the Pats will get beat, the media will jump in with fangs and claws bared...and we'll see the same timid, mistake prone JAG we saw all night tonight.
From what I see, this defense is bordering on awesome. They should be able to dictate field position, especially at home. The one person I have total confidence in is BB.

The thing I'm banking on (besides odd hope) is the fact that Week 1 is the great equalizer. The Cardinals, though at home, will be just as unsure of what the Pats will have to bring as vice versa. You can never truly predict week 1...like 2014 when the Pats lost in Miami. They got whipped there too, and they've been there more than they have in AZ. I expect the unexpected when Week 1 comes around, and that goes for every game in the league.

Didn't have the opportunity to see JG tonight but appears the consensus is he played quite poorly. I've been of unsure of him ever since the beginning.

I don't feel comfortable about him starting those first four weeks but I stand by my prediction of 2-2, maybe even 3-1 if we are fortunate and Garropolo doesn't shoot us in the foot too much. He has no shortage of offensive weapons w/Gronk, Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, Amendola. The defense looks like it'll be a force. We've got three home games.

JG is going to really have to **** up for us to wind up worse than 2-2 IMO.

Didn't have the opportunity to see JG tonight but appears the consensus is he played quite poorly. I've been of unsure of him ever since the beginning.

I don't feel comfortable about him starting those first four weeks but I stand by my prediction of 2-2, maybe even 3-1 if we are fortunate and Garropolo doesn't shoot us in the foot too much. He has no shortage of offensive weapons w/Gronk, Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, Amendola. The defense looks like it'll be a force. We've got three home games.

JG is going to really have to **** up for us to wind up worse than 2-2 IMO.

We've been spoiled. We haven't had to worry about the QB position since 2008, and I'm sure you can remember the panic about Cassel. JAG looked lousy, but ups and downs are to be expected. As Joker pointed out, it's concerning that JAG's got some issues that have been obvious, and not fixed, since camp began. However, we also need to remember that it's not about JAG lighting it up in the regular season. It's about JAG not costing the Patriots the game(s) against the Dolphins, Bills and Texans.

Well he wasn't injured anyway.

This game means squat to me other than what I SEE in an NFL PLAYER that marks him for success. I've been to a lot of camp practices, all the preseason games at home and I watch every snap possible. IMO JAG isn't even a good THIRD QB. His reads are far too slow and his ball security non-existent. He's a string of blowouts waiting to happen if he keeps up these shaky opening quarters. OK, they HAVE to play him to start the season. We all know that....but, I'd feel much more comfortable if they signed a backup with NFL game experience just in case this wide-eyed choke factory keeps looking like he has so far.
Let's bring this post back 5 weeks from now. I am very willing to bet you will have been wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST