PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Wk3 Pre-Season Game Day Thread @Panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about Jimmy G

Ebner just missed tipping that. Good pass.

Edit: Was Vinnie Sunseri.

Brissett looks like it's HE that has been in the league for a couple years. Anybody who thinks this dink/dunk JimmyG schtick is going to lead to any success against NFL defenses has rocks in their heads. He sucked the life out of the offense to start the game, Brady came in and breathed life into it, then JAG sucked the life out of it again until Brissett came in and re-invigorated the offense. What the hell game have YOU been watching?

Simmons is quick and strong.

Worried about Jimmy G

This is a good D. I expected a rough night but yeah... Also the play calling was so-so IMO. You need to be creative and unpredictable vs a D like this.

I think it's good that Brissett's game is so much different than Brady's. It will make a transition much easier to him without direct comparisons.

Brissett looks like it's HE that has been in the league for a couple years. Anybody who thinks this dink/dunk JimmyG schtick is going to lead to any success against NFL defenses has rocks in their heads. He sucked the life out of the offense to start the game, Brady came in and breathed life into it, then JAG sucked the life out of it again until Brissett came in and re-invigorated the offense. What the hell game have YOU been watching?
Brisset was mostly dink and dunk as well

Jimmy G looks like Matt Cavanaugh 2.0 to me ...

I think you are reading WAY too much into the vanilla game plans (we all know Garropolo is day 1 starter and BB ain't tipping his hand ) and the fact that JG was playing against the #1 Carolina D......Brissett looked great....but let's be honest chief, ....he was going up against their 2nd and 3rd stringers. Now that having been said Brissett looked good against that talent and has poise ....down the road he could be good....

Jimmy didn't have a great outing tonight, but I still think he can get the job done with a full game plan, scheme, and a defense that looks legit. Seems to me he needs positive plays to get going and I think Josh will call the games in a way that will get him jump started.

LeBlanc 1 bad play then 1 good play. I want to see the D close this out and keep it at 9. Lets not repeat last week.

Think he had just those carries....

Tfl=tackled for loss...

Me getting to Blount pausing before lowering his shoulder for a loss or maybe getting to the LOS on his first or second carry. Granted, that was a limited sample of 5 carries.

Gaffney seemed to keep his feet moving, momentum moving upfield. He was also breaking some initial tackles to fall forward.

At this point, the Lewis injury development may be a benefit through the stretch. Opens an early season rb spot, and some of the young guys showing up on STs may open a spot as well (as someone mentioned earlier, keeping Gaffney is possible if his sts spot is filled elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back