PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
While most every team will have 2 picks in the top 64, the Patriots could have 5 picks in the top 70 and a shiny trophy

You you seen our defense lately? No trophy until we have pass rushing threats at OLB.

As long as we come out of the 2011 draft with Kerrigan as one of our OLB's next year, I am good.

You you seen our defense lately? No trophy until we have pass rushing threats at OLB.

As long as we come out of the 2011 draft with Kerrigan as one of our OLB's next year, I am good.

So far we've beaten the Ravens, Chargers, Steelers, and Colts with our current OLBs. I see no reasons we couldn't beat two of those guys again, or even the Jets, with our OLBs.

Yeah, no way we can compete for a trophy with all those dominant, weakness-free teams out there....

Kerrigan seems to play with his hand on the ground 90 pct of the time. Will be interesting to see his combine workout. To see how he moves in space. Right now he reminds me J. Allen. Vrabel also played de in a 4-3 at OSU. So, the transition can be made. I'm leaning towards cb the way we've been playing. If we end up around 10, would love to get P. Amakamura. Could fall if other teams jump on the qb's.

GREAT week for the Draft Picks!! :D

Great Blue North Draft Report

#14 ~ Raiders
#33 ~ Panthers
#73 ~ Vikings
Looking at the list, no worse that #13 looks real good to me. The SoS is already factored in for all opponents so that won't change too much, so I will assume the SoS positioning remains. I see almost no change the Raiders win more games than current 6-4s (Indy, Jax, KC, NYG), so I think they'll remain in the group they're in which, as you said, puts them at #14. SD is a virtual lock to pass them. In fact, when considering the 4-6 teams are blah and have an easier SoS tiebreaker it looks VERY likely to me that the Raiders will pick #13.

Unless the Raiders somehow beat SD in SD in two weeks, that is the pick, I do believe. It's a little lower than I had hoped, I was thinking 7-10 coming in, but looking at mock drafts it will produce a player I'm very happy with.

I like Kerrigan but there's other options too, it's best not to lock into one guy. I'm not sure if I expect/want more pass rush to come from a DE or OLB pick but I do expect a serious pick to be used in one of those spots (and a lower pick, either a 2 or 3) at the other. The rest, I believe, will be on offense.

Looking at the list, no worse that #13 looks real good to me. The SoS is already factored in for all opponents so that won't change too much, so I will assume the SoS positioning remains. I see almost no change the Raiders win more games than current 6-4s (Indy, Jax, KC, NYG), so I think they'll remain in the group they're in which, as you said, puts them at #14. SD is a virtual lock to pass them. In fact, when considering the 4-6 teams are blah and have an easier SoS tiebreaker it looks VERY likely to me that the Raiders will pick #13.

Unless the Raiders somehow beat SD in SD in two weeks, that is the pick, I do believe. It's a little lower than I had hoped, I was thinking 7-10 coming in, but looking at mock drafts it will produce a player I'm very happy with.

Looking at the upcoming schedules, a few ASSumptions can be made:

The following teams will end up with less than the 5 wins that the Raiders have already:

CAROLINA is almost a lock for the #1 pick.
CINCINNATI is SCREWED, they are 2-8 and the last 6 games are against Jets, Saints, Pittsburg, Baltimore, San Diego, and Cleveland. They will be lucky to win another game.
DETROIT (2-8) with games against the Pats, GB, Chicago, and TB are not getting to 5 wins.

The other ten teams between these three and the Raiders, have favorable schedules that they might be able to get to or supass five wins. SO the absolute best case scenario I can foresee is the Raiders tanking and finishing up 0-6 (highly doubtful, but the are the Raiders) and the Raiders end up with a huge group at 5-11 and with there SOS the Pats end up with the #4 pick, more realistic is the #1oth pick.

The other ten teams between these three and the Raiders, have favorable schedules that they might be able to get to or supass five wins. SO the absolute best case scenario I can foresee is the Raiders tanking and finishing up 0-6 (highly doubtful, but the are the Raiders) and the Raiders end up with a huge group at 5-11 and with there SOS the Pats end up with the #4 pick, more realistic is the #1oth pick.

I have zero doubts the Raiders can finish up 0-6. I don't see them winning more than 1 game the rest of the way.

I have zero doubts the Raiders can finish up 0-6. I don't see them winning more than 1 game the rest of the way.
They certainly can but they're playing decently at home, I think they'll beat Miami and Denver at home lose the rest, at SD, at Jax, at KC and home to Indy.

They won 59-14 at Denver. What makes you think they can't beat them at home? To me, the key game is against Miami this week. They will beat Miami if henne doesn't play. Paper said Henne practiced. That wouldn't make Miami the favorite. Would just give them a chance.

Miami Dolphins' Long, Henne practice; Marshall a no-show - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

OK, it is mathmatically possible for the draft to end up looking like this:

Oakland 5-11 (0-6 losses to MIA,SD,JAC, DEN, IND, & KC)
Carolina 5-11 (5-1 wins vs. ATL (2), PIT, SEA, AZ,and a loss to CLE(necessary for them to end up with 6 wins)
Minny 5-11 (2-4 wins vs. WAS & DET)

and everyone else with at least 6 wins, Oakland would most likely have the worst SOS, followed by Carolina, and then Minny. This would result in the Pats having the first pick in each of the first three rounds and the following six picks (assuming a SB win)
(1), (32), (33), (64), (65), (96)....

The following teams will end up with less than the 5 wins that the Raiders have already:

CINCINNATI is SCREWED, they are 2-8 and the last 6 games are against Jets, Saints, Pittsburg, Baltimore, San Diego, and Cleveland. They will be lucky to win another game.
DETROIT (2-8) with games against the Pats, GB, Chicago, and TB are not getting to 5 wins.

I like this style of analysis. I did my own: how many teams can overtake 6-7 wins and then the SOS tiebreaker. I think Raiders will go 2-4 last six games (winning 2 of 3 against Jax, Dolfins and Broncos / losing all vs. KC, Chargers, Colts). So being 7-9 years end. I came up with Raiders pick being 12-15.

Not what we were originally hoping for - but when looking at the top 15 players chosen last 3 years, my heart went pitter patter. :D

The other ten teams between these three and the Raiders, have favorable schedules that they might be able to get to or supass five wins. SO the absolute best case scenario I can foresee is the Raiders tanking and finishing up 0-6 (highly doubtful, but the are the Raiders) and the Raiders end up with a huge group at 5-11 and with there SOS the Pats end up with the #4 pick, more realistic is the #10 pick.

Tremendous!! That's just about ver batim where I'm coming from: I project slightly higher, with quite possibly a three way tie for 8th, which the Raiders "win"!! :D

OK, it is mathmatically possible for the draft to end up looking like this:

Carolina 5-11 (5-1 wins vs. ATL (2), PIT, SEA, AZ,and a loss to CLE(necessary for them to end up with 6 wins)

and everyone else with at least 6 wins, Oakland would most likely have the worst SOS, followed by Carolina, and then Minny. This would result in the Pats having the first pick in each of the first three rounds and the following six picks (assuming a SB win)

Have to loooove this optimism.

Imagine all the trading down bill could do from there. I recon he would trade what? down to 4/5 to pick up his guy because someone will fall in love with the QB @ 1

OK, it is mathematically possible for the draft to end up looking like this:

I like this style of analysis. I did my own: how many teams can overtake 6-7 wins and then the SOS tiebreaker. I think Raiders will go 2-4 last six games (winning 2 of 3 against Jax, Dolfins and Broncos / losing all vs. KC, Chargers, Colts). So being 7-9 years end. I came up with Raiders pick being 12-15.

Not what we were originally hoping for - but when looking at the top 15 players chosen last 3 years, my heart went pitter patter. :D

Have to loooove this optimism.

Imagine all the trading down bill could do from there. I recon he would trade what? down to 4/5 to pick up his guy because someone will fall in love with the QB @ 1

:rocker: :D Good TIMES, Brother Ted!! Good TIMES!! :D :rocker:

I should stipulate, though, that having a Top 5 Pick this year seems like it would be a dubious distinction.

I had operated under the assumption ~ because Coach Bill had specifically targeted this Draft with the Seymour Trade ~ that his inside information strongly suggested that 2011 would be the first year of the Rookie Cap...But further reflection tells me I was either dead wrong ~ not the first time, by far ~ or that circumstances have changed. Seems to me that if the CBA is signed after the Draft ~ which looks about 99% likely ~ it would be insane to apply a Cap to that Draft retroactively, for the simple reason that it would be completely unreasonable to expect 32 teams to go into that Draft with no idea what the salaries of the most important picks would project to be: When the NBA imposed a Rookie Cap, the top salary got cut in HALF, if I recall correctly.

Top 5 picks have become untradable, the last few years. When the Cap is installed, that should change. But I can't imagine that the Cap is installed before the 2011 Draft: Indeed, if a new CBA isn't agreed upon, with a Cap included, before Juniors and Red Shirts Sophomores are required to Declare, it would constitute a pretty blatant breach of fiduciary duty on the part of the NFL, I would think.

All of which is to say: Thank GOD that I was ALSO Dead Wrong about Oakland's fate, this season, as I'd thought it had 3-13 written ALL over it!! :rolleyes:

* Side Note: Fantastic news for a team ~ us ~ that might have 5 of the Top 75 and 3 of the Top 33: With this being almost certainly the last year of decadence, before the Rookie Salary Cap hammer comes slamming down, there is VERY good reason to hope that a LOT of high caliber Juniors and Red Shirt Sophomores Declare, this year!! :rocker:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo FISH!! :D

:rocker: WOOOOOOOOOOOO!! FISH!!! :rocker:

If Oakland loses today, a couple of 4 win teams crawl into the picture. Minnesota, Cleveland and Ariz/SF winner. Houston won
their 5th and St. Louis on the way to theirs. Go Dolphins!

If Oakland loses today, a couple of 4 win teams crawl into the picture. Minnesota, Cleveland and Ariz/SF winner. Houston won
their 5th and St. Louis on the way to theirs. Go Dolphins!

I HEAR ya, Bro!! When you look at Great Blue North's Report, it shows that Oakland's only ONE GAME AWAY from dropping all the way down to #11!!

And only TWO games away from #5!!! :eek:

I still like their chances of driving down to the 5-10 range...and ending up in the middle. :D

:rocker: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FISH!!! :rocker:

puffer_fish_screensaver_26732.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick