PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
has been a pretty good day for our Picks so far.

Apart from Min winning (even though that gets them closer to having oakland below them)

Carolina lost again, Oaktown is losing

Not only that but st louis is winning getting them closer to oakland browns won so alot of the teams below oakland are catching up... now i just want their division rivals to sweep them from now one and life will be all good

The pick is between 11-16 if SD loses already now. There are three 4 loss teams breathing down their neck. I had Oakland winning this one. Beautiful day without even playing. Only downer was Minny winning.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo FISH!!

:rocker: WOOOOOOOOOOOO!! FISH!!! :rocker:

If Oakland loses today, a couple of 4 win teams crawl into the picture. Minnesota, Cleveland and Ariz/SF winner. Houston won
their 5th and St. Louis on the way to theirs. Go Dolphins!

I HEAR ya, Bro!! When you look at Great Blue North's Report, it shows that Oakland's only ONE GAME AWAY from dropping all the way down to #11!!

And only TWO games away from #5!!!

I still like their chances of driving down to the 5-10 range...and ending up in the middle.

:rocker: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FISH!!! :rocker:

puffer_fish_screensaver_26732.jpeg

Fish WIN!! Fish WIN!! :rocker: :singing: :singing: :rocker:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FISH!!!

Good-Fish-Bad-Fish.jpg

Only downer was Minny winning.
Which may not even be a downer, if they can pass Oakland. It's probably more valuable to be 1 pick higher in the top 10 than a couple spots higher in the 3rd round. I'm personally rooting for Minnesota now, at least somewhat. Want them to win just enough to pass Oakland, and no more than that.

How is the Vikings winning a downer? As much as I personally hate Favre, the Vikings are a team that needs to leapfrog the Raiders in the overall standings for the pick to be in an even better position.

How is the Vikings winning a downer? As much as I personally hate Favre, the Vikings are a team that needs to leapfrog the Raiders in the overall standings for the pick to be in an even better position.

They beat Washington who has 5 wins and is tied with Oakland. Washington has a pretty tough sked. Not sure they are going to finish strong. Wanted them to finish ahead of Oakland. I guess we can root for Minny and get greedy. Hopefully, both pass em. Minny has a 3 gm homestand coming up. Maybe, they get hot. I doubt it. But, who knows.

We have the vikings 3rd rounder..... We want them to lose all their games making our/their pick to become something like 70 to 75........

I love have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds..... Nice!

the raiders losing today was huge for our pick. next week they're at sd(loss)then at jags(loss),home to broncos(win)home to colts(loss)and at kc(loss). where did 6-10 pick last year ? the raiders are finally relevent, to me.

We have the vikings 3rd rounder..... We want them to lose all their games making our/their pick to become something like 70 to 75........

I love have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds..... Nice!

My favourite is that those picks aren't like indy and the stealers... they are a middle to high 1st ... THE number 1 second (ATM) and a very high 3rd.

It is just so fun watching these picks get higher and higher

the raiders losing today was huge for our pick. next week they're at sd(loss)then at jags(loss),home to broncos(win)home to colts(loss)and at kc(loss). where did 6-10 pick last year ? the raiders are finally relevent, to me.

9th. :cool:

Prince Amakamura - CB or Robert Quinn - olb/de. Come on down!!

We all know BB will be unlikely to use a pick 10 or lower...

He'll trade back to about 14 - 16 and get a another pick or two....

It drives us all nuts but it makes the next draft sweeter......

Denver has a grudge to settle with Oakland after the 59-14 game in October. That is no gimme for Oakland. They could lose out.

Buffalo was the only six win team last season; they drafted at #9. Three teams won seven games and drafted 10-12. On the other hand, three five win teams drafted 6-8.

There appear to be more teams clustered around the middle this year. The range of possible draft spots will probably be wide until the final week or two.

Using last year as an example. 6-10 was pick 9 and 7-9 was 10-12. 2008 6-10 was pick 9 and 7-9 was 10 and 11.

Using these years as a guide it would be great if oakland only got 1 or 2 wins out of the games remaining... a pick in a 8-13 range is good enough for me... specially with carolina stuffing up so much

There are 4 teams with 2 losses or less. Top 4 out of reach. Also, I think the loser of Monday nights game Ariz/SF and Denver are out of reach. Denver can't stop anyone. So, the highest I can see us picking is 7th. Dallas has 3 wins but appears to be playing hard now and has talent. They could get to 6 wins. I'd guess 7-12. 8th or 9th depending on tie-breakers would be my estimate now.

Using last year as an example. 6-10 was pick 9 and 7-9 was 10-12. 2008 6-10 was pick 9 and 7-9 was 10 and 11.

Using these years as a guide it would be great if oakland only got 1 or 2 wins out of the games remaining... a pick in a 8-13 range is good enough for me... specially with carolina stuffing up so much

Completely concur with this last paragraph.....

Something in the 8 to 16 range, then our 26 to 32, PLUS Carolinas 33 or 34 is very sweet pickings indeed!

yeah looked into it more... since 2004 7/9's latest pick was i think 16 and the highest was 7 for a 6-10 so historically pretty sure that will be the range we are looking at even if oakland win 2 from the next 5... fingers crossed 0-5 though

It looks like tomorrow's game won't affect Oakland's place this week. AFAICT they're tied with Houston right now for the 11/12 pick, and I believe Houston has the SoS edge atm so that means 12th for Oakland right now.

And I thought for sure they'ld take Miami today. The next month is likely to get real ugly for them. :)

Yahoo, top ten here we come. :rocker:

Last edited:
Well, if Ndamakong Suh has a little brother, fine.... :D

Pick 34 from 2010 is starting to be compared to "Revis Island" and not unfavorably.

Jerod Mayo from a couple years back has a big lead on the rest of the league - that's the league, ah say the entire league, son, in tackles.

foghorn-3.jpg

Okay, he was a pick #10, I believe...

But this year there are 4 rookies on the defense, and Hernandez and Gronk, much to my surprise, are actually living up to how we all hyped them on draft day. We even continued on the miniaturization project via the scrap heap, signing a guy even smaller than Edelmann who is even smaller than Welker... and they can all do stuff.

Okay, rah rah and all that... all I'm getting at is that top 10 picks are fun to root for but don't always pan out. There also seems to be a top-5 plateau and a top-10 plateau, in terms of $$$... with this draft not being the bumper crop that 2010 was, I'm thinking hmmmmm maybe push picks into the future either way. For Christ's sakes, though, trade to somebody that'll stay down. Nasty little trick Oakland's playing, occasionally showing up for games.

Or... we could always brainwash Detroit into thinking they need to draft another really high wide receiver and an O-lineman or something, not just the one they'll get with their very low first rounder... and trade them both our 1s and a 2 for Suh. They'd have to be really dumb to do it, but it's Detroit, yanno?

Cool.
#9 could be Adrian Clayborn/Da'Quan Bowers range. Huge boost to the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes