PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure the Raiders pick to be in the 8-10 range, which is just fine with me.

No need to be greedy now, eh?

In God's name: why not??

Or, in other words: I may not NEED to be greedy, but I certainly WANT to be greedy!! :D

Off The Grid said:
I may not NEED to be greedy, but I certainly WANT to be greedy!!

Greed is good.

I Approve of This Message.

gordon-gekko.jpg

Why? I'd rather have Mayo and Spikes.

Because McClain makes plays. He already has more big plays this season than Mayo has in his whole career.

And Spikes is the slowest guy on the field most of the time. I think Wilfork beat him in the conditioning run earlier this year.

Bottom Line McClain makes plays and Oakland is looking better since he arrived.

Thanks to Brother Rox + Brother PeachHead for opening my eyes to Great Blue North!! :cool:

Great Blue North Draft Report

According to their fine work, which I will gratefully OutSource to them:

#13 + #34

The Raiders have taken a QUANTUM Leap forward, the last two weeks, as their Run Offense ~ formerly the only solid part of a bad team ~ has EXPLODED...and their Run D has solidified.

But it IS a long season, as they say.

Our greatest saving grace is that schedule of theirs: They could easily lose their next 5 in a row, sliding gracefully to 4-9, before dropping 2 of their final three for a 5-11 finish. :)

And there are still a LOT of well-led and/or talented teams among the 12 the Raiders are currently ahead of. It wouldn't take much of a surge for any of them to roll past the Raiders as they run the Gauntlet. Just sayin'!! :p

It is a long season and Al has yet to make his annual throw of a grenade into the Raiders locker room by saying something dumb. I still have hope the Raiders will implode.

It is a long season and Al has yet to make his annual throw of a grenade into the Raiders locker room by saying something dumb. I still have hope the Raiders will implode.

According to FO, Oakland has played the 28th ranked schedule so far. In the 2nd half, they face the most difficult schedule in the league. Faiders indeed.

The Panthers go from 25th to 20th.
The Vikings go from 3rd to 26th.

I'm still expecting #8, #35 and #80 from these picks...to go along with #32, #64 and #96 of course.

Because McClain makes plays. He already has more big plays this season than Mayo has in his whole career.

And Spikes is the slowest guy on the field most of the time. I think Wilfork beat him in the conditioning run earlier this year.

like his huge 0.5 sacks 0 forced fumbles. Think your putting him up on a pedestal a bit. Yes he is a good player but don't start crowning the kid yet

McClain has 40 tackles through 8 games, plus .5 sacks and a couple passes broken up. That puts him on track for 80 tackles, a sack, and maybe half a dozen pass breakups in his "playmaking" rookie year.

Mayo is better all across the board in stats. Yes, McClain is big, powerful, and cerebral, but Mayo has a chance to be one of the very best in the game. They're both good players. Just enjoy watching them.

Spikes and Mayo makes for an awesome tandem. I'm perfectly happy with them.

40 tackles 25 solo 15 assists 0 INTs 0 FF 0 FR 0.5 sacks ummmm what are you seeing that the rest of the world isn't?

40 tackles 25 solo 15 assists 0 INTs 0 FF 0 FR 0.5 sacks ummmm what are you seeing that the rest of the world isn't?
A draft binky on a team playing surprisingly well. :cool:

I just realized:

There's just 2 games currently separating #4 ~ 2-6 San Fran ~ from #15 ~ 4-4 Jacksonville.

Great Blue North Draft Report

Oakland's Quality of Competition undergoes a dramatic upgrade, from here on out.

And the CowBoys, Miners, Vikings, Bengals, Browns, Lions, Bolts, Cardinals, and Rams ~ 9 teams ~ ALL have the talent and the leadership to make catching and passing the Raiders ~ especially with the schedule the Raiders are facing ~ not only possible, but likely.

Will all 9 teams do so?? Maybe, maybe not. But they certainly could, and the Panthers aren't that far away from putting together a late season mini-surge, either.

#4 is, even yet, a very real possibility. :eek:

Yes, I do spend WAY too much time on this @#$%!! :D

today went pretty bad for us pick wise. Only good thing was dolphins lost and carolina lost... lets keep fingers crossed for 33/34. It's looking more and more likley that the raiders will be picking in the teens... which annoys me greatly

Those inconsiderate bastards are now seeded ~ regardless of tonight's results ~ for #18!! :mad:

Ah, well...We've still got our health...right?? :D

Those inconsiderate bastards are now seeded ~ regardless of tonight's results ~ for #18!! :mad:

Ah, well...We've still got our health...right?? :D

Sure looking like an 8-8 season for them. I think that win against SD set the tone for them. The Chargers gave them life and they've capitalized on it. I'll say 15-18. They will have played an easy sked, so probably closer to 15. Tie-breaker(SOS) should help us.

Sure looking like an 8-8 season for them. I think that win against SD set the tone for them. The Chargers gave them life and they've capitalized on it. I'll say 15-18. They will have played an easy sked, so probably closer to 15. Tie-breaker(SOS) should help us.
I fully expect them to lose to Indy, @Pitt and @SD which gets them to 7 losses. One more and they're at 8 which should get us a pick no worse than #16 (as you said, SoS should help). Yesterday's win was brutal to me as was the SD lucky win but so it goes.

Meanwhile the Carolina pick looks like it will be 33-36 which is phenomenal.

I fully expect them to lose to Indy, @Pitt and @SD which gets them to 7 losses. One more and they're at 8 which should get us a pick no worse than #16 (as you said, SoS should help). Yesterday's win was brutal to me as was the SD lucky win but so it goes.

Meanwhile the Carolina pick looks like it will be 33-36 which is phenomenal.

Indeed, sir. :cool:

Me, I agree with those being likely losses, and I consider both the Jacksonville and Kansas City road games to be likely losses, as well. Even the Miami home game should be tough. I think they'll most likely finish about 7-9, and possibly 6-10, but I couldn't honestly discount their chances of going 8-8 or better. I see them, currently, as yielding us about #12 or so, and perhaps as good as #8: I was hoping for #4 and expecting #6 to #8 as recently as 24 hours ago...but that would still be pretty delicious...especially if it got us DaQuan Bowers or Nick Fairley...and we were able to package picks to snag the other. :cool:

Just for the record: The Raider pick, this morning, is currently #17, of course, as the Rams ~ despite having a worse record ~ would pick after the Raiders, today, by virtue of having the lead in their Division.

Beating the Steelers, as we endeavor to do, tonight, becomes doubly important to us, as we hope to send an angry Steeler team up against the Raiders, next week!!

#17 + #34

Good day for the picks. Carolina and Minnesota lose. That Carolina pick could be 33. If they do the draft the same as last year. Round 1 was Thursday night. Rounds 2 and 3 Friday Night. Would love to have BB sitting on that pick all night. Some itchy fingered GM will give up more than he should for that pick. In either a trade for a proven player or for additional picks.

The Oakland pick is 22 right now. Yikes!! They lead their division. Don't fret. I see a 3 game losing streak coming up for them. That will knock it down to 11-15. There are 10 teams with three wins or less. I give a couple of them and outside shot at catching Oakland. BUT, it's going to be hard to crack the Top 10.

That Carolina pick could be 33. If they do the draft the same as last year. Round 1 was Thursday night. Rounds 2 and 3 Friday Night.

Would love to have BB sitting on that pick all night.

Some itchy fingered GM will give up more than he should for that pick. In either a trade for a proven player or for additional picks.

AWESOME point, Brothah!! :rocker:

The Oakland pick is 22 right now. Yikes!! They lead their division. Don't fret. I see a 3 game losing streak coming up for them. That will knock it down to 11-15. There are 10 teams with three wins or less. I give a couple of them and outside shot at catching Oakland. BUT, it's going to be hard to crack the Top 10.

Nicely put, sir.

I'll tell ya, though: The way the CowBoys and Broncos played, this weekend ~ especially the CowBoys ~ spoke of a MAJOR turning point for both teams.

There're a TON of teams trailing Oakland, right now, that are improving as the season rolls forward.

In fact, no less than 24 of the 32 teams are currently within 3 games of each other.

Momentum is a funny thing, and the Raiders are a young, unseasoned team, enjoying its first success, but with no experience at tasting adversity in the wake of that success: If they get dropped 4 games in row, right now ~ and that's a distinct possibility ~ this month's Glory High may very well transform into next month's Desolation, resulting in a despondent team that can't pull out of its death spiral in December.

We can only hope. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes