PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Official Raider + Panther Ghoul Thread!! *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very likely actually, the season is not even half over.

Damned straight, Bro. :cool:

The Raiders just finished the squishy part of their schedule, and are about to run the GAUNTLET.

They could VERY well lose the next 6 IN A ROW. :D

Indeed, they could very well lose ALL NINE. :rocker:

The #2 Spot is VERY much in play.

Not very likely actually, the season is not even half over.

personally I see them losing 7 more games finishing with a record of 5-11. Last year that was good enough for picks 6-8.

The Raiders just finished the squishy part of their schedule, and are about to run the GAUNTLET.

I hope you are right. Dareus at DE would look good in New England next season.

I think the Raiders' success is tied to Darren McFadden's health - so odds are they'll falter.
But I'm not so sure their remaining stretch is that tough: Seattle and Kansas City before their bye, so they could go to rest while being anywhere from 5-4 to 3-6. Then they end the season with Pittsburgh, Miami, San Diego, Jacksonville, Denver, Indianapolis and then a second game with the Chiefs. That's 4 guaranteed loses in 7 games right there, but 6-10 maybe won't crack the bottom five.
I think it's most probable that the other bottom teams will pick their act together. 0-6 Buffalo has been getting some good throws from their Harvard QB, the 49ers can't possibly be 1-6 bad, the Lions are some plays from not being 1-5, the underachieving 1-5 Cowboys have to find some discipline eventually, the 2-5 Chargers will end the season over .500 IMO, and the Vikings and Bengals have way too many talent to have only 2 wins in a season. There are some hopeless teams such as the Browns, Broncos and, good for us, the Panthers. So any of those teams could pass the Raiders, but the Raiders might too overcome some teams that have better records right now: the Jaguars, the Cards and both of the feel-good comeback stories of the Chiefs and Seahawks. It's a wide open league right now. The biggest problem, IMO, is still the very-possible-possibility that the Raiders win their division.
I'm being pessimistic, but this could even not be a top 15 pick :(
But on the bright side, it could be top 5 too :)

Last edited:
This Raiders pick is looking like its going to be in the middle of round one.

I don't mind if it's in the middle of round 1.

6-1 now with all those picks next year. We all know BB loves trading down. If it's in the middle then we have some freedom to move up and down.

This years draft class has started out outstanding so it'll be tough for next years to top this no matter how many picks we have.

Looks like we'll have to concentrate on the playoff run and possible Super Bowl run

This Raiders pick is looking like its going to be in the middle of round one.

I'm starting to think between 12 and 18. God forbid they actually beat San Diego and KC and win their division.

I'm starting to think we may have to package 1a and one of our extra 2s or 3s to go up to get the stud we want. :(

OTOH, the depth this spring isn't great and with the success of the last two rookie classes we have fewer needs. So it won't break my heart if that's what we need to do.

I'm starting to think we may have to package 1a and one of our extra 2s or 3s to go up to get the stud we want. :(

OTOH, the depth this spring isn't great and with the success of the last two rookie classes we have fewer needs. So it won't break my heart if that's what we need to do.

Every draft there is someone who drops. Could that be Robert Quinn this year? Very similiar situation to Dez Bryant. Don't expect him to fall to 24. But, if we're picking 15-16. Won't take much(3rd) to move up to 10-11.

we have sooo much ammo and a very young team.

We will trade up to get the STUD we want:)

count on the trading up scenario..... we have a 50 Cal in a fortified bunker and the enemy is below us.

In this bunker we could control the entire battlefield w/ our nearly infinite ammunition.

YouTube - M2 50 Caliber Machine Gun

YouTube - Shooting the 50-caliber machine gun

YouTube - 50 Machine Gun Shoot Twin Guns

video 2 gives a better demonstration.:rocker: 3 is good also.

if you get hit by this weapons bullet..... odds are you will die:eek:

50.Cal.jpg

I wonder if this team has money to go after a Tamba Hali from KC.We need to get more better at the DL.I can notice this from every game i have watched this season.

I'm starting to think between 12 and 18. God forbid they actually beat San Diego and KC and win their division.

The Raiders have confidence and are playing better and smarter ball. They are about as mentally tough as a banana so one hiccup should send them back spiraling into the abyss.

I wish we had McClain on our team.

The Raiders have confidence and are playing better and smarter ball. They are about as mentally tough as a banana so one hiccup should send them back spiraling into the abyss.

I wish we had McClain on our team.

Why? I'd rather have Mayo and Spikes.

Once is an aberration. Twice is a Trend.

Much as I'd love to believe otherwise, it looks like a @#$%^&ing FOOTBALL team has arrived in Oakland.

I'll figure out their current spot, later, or OutSource it to GBN...

But the fact IS: They're a good #@$%^ing FOOTBALL team...And we need to DRASTICALLY adjust our expectations. :mad:

Thanks to Brother Rox + Brother PeachHead for opening my eyes to Great Blue North!! :cool:

Great Blue North Draft Report

According to their fine work, which I will gratefully OutSource to them:

#13 + #34

The Raiders have taken a QUANTUM Leap forward, the last two weeks, as their Run Offense ~ formerly the only solid part of a bad team ~ has EXPLODED...and their Run D has solidified.

But it IS a long season, as they say.

Our greatest saving grace is that schedule of theirs: They could easily lose their next 5 in a row, sliding gracefully to 4-9, before dropping 2 of their final three for a 5-11 finish. :)

And there are still a LOT of well-led and/or talented teams among the 12 the Raiders are currently ahead of. It wouldn't take much of a surge for any of them to roll past the Raiders as they run the Gauntlet. Just sayin'!! :p

I figure the Raiders pick to be in the 8-10 range, which is just fine with me. No need to be greedy now, eh?

I figure the Raiders pick to be in the 8-10 range, which is just fine with me. No need to be greedy now, eh?

i dunno wouldn't bet on it i would have to say i've revalued my prediction for the raiders 10-15 which once again i am fine with i guess. would have rathered 8 so we'd trade down to 15 anyway hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News