PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The case for keeping Mac Jones in 2024

There is no case to keep Mac Jones.

His teammates have no faith in him, therefore he's a liability.

Keeping him is telling your team there are no consequences for stinking and it's a terrible message to send for the new regime.

I’m a proponent of if the guy isn’t your top pick for QB.
Then draft Marvin Harrison, trade back up using your second and next years first for the QB like Mccarhy.

On the value chart what does it cost to get it lack in the top 10?
Our second and a first next year?
you might be able to get back up into the top 15

Not disagreeing with your main point, but in that case I'd trade down to pick up another high 2nd rounder, take one of the top OT's, then pick a WR and a QB like Penix with the two high 2nd rounders.
I just see MH as a premiere foundation player for years to come.

Not disagreeing with your main point, but in that case I'd trade down to pick up another high 2nd rounder, take one of the top OT's, then pick a WR and a QB like Penix with the two high 2nd rounders.
Take a QB in 2025.

Trade up if need be.

I’m a proponent of if the guy isn’t your top pick for QB.
Then draft Marvin Harrison, trade back up using your second and next years first for the QB like Mccarhy.

On the value chart what does it cost to get it lack in the top 10?
Our second and a first next year?

Once again this makes absolutely no sense at all. Use the #3 on a receiver, and then pay a king’s ransom ( a 1st& 2nd / at a minimum) to try and get back up to take a QB. When they could have just taken the QB at 3 and the WR at 34.

In Jerod we trust.

I think there is a chance that Mac can turn into a good starting QB in the league. I just don't think there is a chance of it with the Pats.

Here is what Mark Daniels is hearing is the QB plan at the Combines.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
The only case for keeping Mac Jones is the refusal to admit you were wrong, the only fans who still believe in Mac Jones just don't want to admit they were also wrong.

Mac Jones can't play dead in a western, his arm blows, he's mentally weak and i'll eat my hat if he becomes anything more than a spot starter/career backup.

Mac Jones level quarterbacks grow on trees, there's 6 of them every draft.

In 5 years people are still going to be pointing to the 6-7 decent games he played as a rookie, which were good by rookie standards but not actually decent NFL quarterbacking.

The only case for keeping Mac Jones is the refusal to admit you were wrong, the only fans who still believe in Mac Jones just don't want to admit they were also wrong.

Mac Jones can't play dead in a western, his arm blows, he's mentally weak and i'll eat my hat if he becomes anything more than a spot starter/career backup.

Mac Jones level quarterbacks grow on trees, there's 6 of them every draft.

In 5 years people are still going to be pointing to the 6-7 decent games he played as a rookie, which were good by rookie standards but not actually decent NFL quarterbacking.
Agreed. He is done here. Lot of us got fooled by the Alabama success full of probowlers such as Devonte Smith and Jaylen Waddle tracking down balls out of thin air, protected by one of the best lines in the country. Perfect situation. Maybe not in the right situation here but not able to rise above it. He needs a change of scenery, would probably do a lot better in a 49ers uniform as well as a lot of other qbs would.

Zappe went and watched tape in another units film room, that sounds like Jones was being an *******.to ne. But it’s also disturbing that Zappe didn’t tell him to pound sand and just go ahead and do his film work in the QB room. Ultimately no one should worry about Mac Jones, he’s a pro bowl QB with his MAC 10 brand he can live off for the rest of his life.
Possible. But I haven't heard any report that said for sure it was Jones initiating it all. My guess is both of them contributed to the problem. JM pretty much admitted the locker room was divided between the QBs which is why one or both of them should go.

Possible. But I haven't heard any report that said for sure it was Jones initiating it all. My guess is both of them contributed to the problem. JM pretty much admitted the locker room was divided between the QBs which is why one or both of them should go.
We need competition in camp for our #3 QB, who might need to be #2 until our draftee is ready for prime time. Jones will not be that guy. Zappe could be that guy if his attitude is right. Zappe would compete for #3 with Rourke and whoever the team brings in.

Of course, Zappe might want to be a free agent so he can find a spot on a team competing to be their starter or at least a future starter. Zappe is under contract. I'm sure the team can find tasks for a 4th arm in camp and cut or trade him during camp or the pre-season.

I wouldn't keep him but we also can't sit here and say he got a fair shot here either. Myers and Bourne were essentially his best weapons his entire tenure. If you keep him, they need MHJ and another top WR in order to make it work. Your best case scenario if that happens is Tua 2.0

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back