PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What we learned today

I missed the game. What happened, did the Pats win? Never mind, I'm just going to presume they did.

Easy to say when you're sitting in your chair instead of being out there on the field dealing with one of the best defenses in the nfl. :eek:

It's easy to say because it's true. Please don't tell me that you think Brady played stellar today. Am I blaming the loss on him solely? No. Did he contribute to the loss by stinking up the 2nd half? Yes

People keep saying "its only one game", but they kept saying that time after time with the Red Sox all year long an look where they are now. New England teams currently give their fans absolutely nothing to cheer about.

What happened to Fred Taylor did he get hurt??

I've been singing the "Moss is a bad influence on Tom Brady's game" for 2 years now. Think I'm finally getting some visitors to my island now.

The Patriots lost this game after they rattled Sanchez during the Jets 1st possession in the 2nd half, they had the ball, the lead and the crowd totally out of the game and the offense laid an egg. It was last year all over again. Offense goes impotent in the 2nd half on the road. That game was there to be won today and the Patriots did not step up to win it.

Terrible coaching both sides of the ball........

I miss the game planning from years ago. Remember when the Pat would bend and not break in the first half and then in the second half they would step on the throat of their opponent both on offense and defense. I hope the glory days come back when BB had enough film on a QB to 'get into their head' and make him play to that QB weakness. The Pats looked like they wanted to focus on the run and make Sanchez beat them - well they didn't entirely stop the run well and Sanchez did beat them. Frustrated but I will always remain true to the Pats. They've got a gimmee (in theory) next week to get all of the mistakes out of them.

Who cares what Colts fans do? Brady is a great QB who sucked in the second half. What's so ahrd to take about that?? Two ints and a fumble. That sucks. What was worse was the play calling, unless it was Brady's decision to throw jump balls to Moss while he was covered tightly.

What i'm saying is that the colts fans are more like real fans than the fans we have. They have enough sense to realize their guy isn't going to be amazing every single game so they don't bash him when he occasionally doesn't play well. Our fans kinda suck.

Hit the panic button if the Pats lose to the Bills next week...

They wont lose, but it is what it is.

Beating lousy teams wont get it done.

Brady did underthrow Gronk in the 2nd half. Ditto Moss (the play where he broke up the INT). Plus the INTs. Not a lot of good stuff from him in the half -- so yes, it was a bad half.

OT:
Matt Schaub is a studd.
38/51, 497yds, 3TD, 1 INT

I wonder if we could rob the desperate Vikings to get there WR hero back?

:D :D :D

JK..........

3. Much like Brady, I'm a little annoyed by a lot of our fans. Pats fans only seem to be fans when we're ahead by 20 points. Whenever people make mistakes, we start hearing, "Brady sucks, Moss sucks, the defense/offense sucks, Bill sucks, etc...." Its embarrassing.

It's hard to get your head around it, isn't it? O'Briens play calling was inept in the second half, that's why the game turned. It was scripted in the first half. O'Brien sucks. Run on first down, throw deep, third-and-long. The coaching staff is a shell of its former self.

Last edited:

It's easy to say because it's true. Please don't tell me that you think Brady played stellar today. Am I blaming the loss on him solely? No. Did he contribute to the loss by stinking up the 2nd half? Yes

No brady didn't play well today but he didn't suck either. The guy had TWO TDs for gods sake. Even when he has a bad game he still plays better than most QBs. :lol2:

What we had to painfully be taught again today is that Matt Light folds like a house of cards against Jason Taylor. Over the last ten seasons Light has cemented himself as my least favorite athlete of all time. Having this ****ing chump as our left tackle has handicapped our offense to the point where opposing defenses know they will create pressure from the left side unless Daniel Graham, Alge Crumpler, Kyle Brady or any of the other dozens of blocking TEs we've been forced to acquire are by his side to help out. I know DS is a great line coach, but imagine what he could do with tackles that didn't put up the resistance of wet toilet paper...

Brady played a horrible second half. I really can't remember the last time he played that bad. Kansas City in 2005 maybe? Forcing the ball to Moss way too much. He wasn't moving his feet well at all in the pocket for most of the second half. A lot of flat footed throws. Bad play calling definitely supplemented his garbage performance. No RB screens until late in fourth quarter? Really??? Are you ****ing with me? That's been a huge part of our offense for how long and we just abandon it against a team that loves to bring the heat? I don't get it.... Also, did Freddy Taylor come out of the game with an injury, or what? He looked great in the beginning.

Defensive play calling wasn't impressive either. Way too may 3 man rushes. At least make Sanchez complete passes while facing pressure. A lot of missed tackles as well. Butler got abused. This team could really use Leigh Bodden right about now. Definitely looks like a mistake not bringing a vet corner in this offseason. I think Butler will be an upgrade from what Wilhite has brought to the table the last couple seasons but that was a rough game.

Coaches and Brady get most of the blame for this one...

I've been singing the "Moss is a bad influence on Tom Brady's game" for 2 years now. Think I'm finally getting some visitors to my island now.

The Patriots lost this game after they rattled Sanchez during the Jets 1st possession in the 2nd half, they had the ball, the lead and the crowd totally out of the game and the offense laid an egg. It was last year all over again. Offense goes impotent in the 2nd half on the road. That game was there to be won today and the Patriots did not step up to win it.

Tom Brady has had bad games, nay TERRIBLE games every single year of his career. You can keep touting this "bad influence" line but it will never be true. Fact of the matter is Brady's best years have been with Moss, period. The patriots TEAM best years have not been, but that largely has to do with the defense going from great to good to rollercoaster.

Brady made bad decisions and bad throws in the 2nd half, you can try to blame it on Moss all you want but that's just you desperately trying to avoid blaming Brady for something.

Yeah, but what's the difference? Next week they will look like world beaters against the Bills, and then that Monday Night in Miami is going to be another horror show.

We had the Jets dead to rights, and they came back (like everyone seems to do ever since SB42) and played with more heart and balls when it really mattered.

What i'm saying is that the colts fans are more like real fans than the fans we have. They have enough sense to realize their guy isn't going to be amazing every single game so they don't bash him when he occasionally doesn't play well. Our fans kinda suck.

I hate this attitude. We're not cheerleaders, were fans and unlike mindless Colts drones, Pats FANS can tell when the team sucks and say it. Real fans are fanatics about their team, but their not rah rah cheerleaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes