PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What we learned today

No brady didn't play well today but he didn't suck either. The guy had TWO TDs for gods sake. Even when he has a bad game he still plays better than most QBs. :lol2:

He played great in the first half. Can't say the same about the second half. This is his team. He has to share the blame.

No brady didn't play well today but he didn't suck either. The guy had TWO TDs for gods sake. Even when he has a bad game he still plays better than most QBs. :lol2:

He SUCKED in the 2nd half, when he had 0 TDs, 2 INT and 1 FUMBLE.

What i'm saying is that the colts fans are more like real fans than the fans we have. They have enough sense to realize their guy isn't going to be amazing every single game so they don't bash him when he occasionally doesn't play well. Our fans kinda suck.

How often do you visit the colts board? I'm 20 minutes from Indiana and I assure you they do the same thing when Manning has a bad game. There is NOTHING wrong with pointing out your QB had a bad game and pointing out huge mistakes he made.

It's hard to get your head around it, isn't it? O'Briens play calling was inept in the second half, that's why the game turned. It was scripted in the first half. O'Brien sucks. Run on first down, throw deep, third-and-long. The coaching staff is a shell of its former self.

Did you say that in the first game??? Exactly.

People keep saying "its only one game", but they kept saying that time after time with the Red Sox all year long an look where they are now. New England teams currently give their fans absolutely nothing to cheer about.

Except the Celtics kick arse in the 3rd Quarter. The Patriots forget to come out of the locker room today.

Originally Posted by #56300ex
It's easy to say because it's true. Please don't tell me that you think Brady played stellar today. Am I blaming the loss on him solely? No. Did he contribute to the loss by stinking up the 2nd half? Yes

No brady didn't play well today but he didn't suck either. The guy had TWO TDs for gods sake. Even when he has a bad game he still plays better than most QBs.

And the second int was tipped, it wasnt a bad throw, good cover. Not an A game by Brady but he didnt suck

It's hard to get your head around it, isn't it? O'Briens play calling was inept in the second half, that's why the game turned. It was scripted in the first half. O'Brien sucks. Run on first down, throw deep, third-and-long. The coaching staff is a shell of its former self.

Horrible, horrible play calling.

How often do you visit the colts board? I'm 20 minutes from Indiana and I assure you they do the same thing when Manning has a bad game. There is NOTHING wrong with pointing out your QB had a bad game and pointing out huge mistakes he made.

That's BS. Yeah I DO read the Colts boards sometimes and i rarely see them bash Manning like we do with brady.

The play I come back to is how long they took to get to the line on that second INT. They should have run the play immediately.

People aren't pointing out a bad game, they are saying Brady sucks. Big difference there. :lol2:

He SUCKED in the 2nd half, when he had 0 TDs, 2 INT and 1 FUMBLE.

I was more disappointed by the decision making than the turnovers.

The first INT was a good INT, effectively a punt.

The fumble? What can you do?

I just don't get it. The blueprint was there on Sanchez and the Jets O. Baltimore shut them down about as bad as I've ever seen a defense stop an opposing offense. So why did we not try to mimic what they did which clearly stifled Sanchez? I mean I understand him and the Jets had some time to go over their own tape and correct the errors, but still... I just do not understand the defensive gameplan after the first defensive series.

"Outcoached" is a bad word, and it's clearly on the edge of my tongue here. It almost looked like the Giants Super Bowl game, which I consider Belichick's worst coaching performance ever.

Really terrible performance across the board. I am not sure if it's been discussed much, but the inability to run the football was a key today. The defense was just atrocious for the vast majority of the game. I REALLY started worrying about the outcome of the game when they let Sanchez drive down for that momentum killing field goal before half...NO EXCUSE for that.

Re: Butler is GARBAGE

I was just thinking the same thing.

Why is it that BB has a hard time finding good db's. he has missed on every one he has drafted so far

McCourtey says hello...

I just don't get it. The blueprint was there on Sanchez and the Jets O. Baltimore shut them down about as bad as I've ever seen a defense stop an opposing offense. So why did we not try to mimic what they did which clearly stifled Sanchez? I mean I understand him and the Jets had some time to go over their own tape and correct the errors, but still... I just do not understand the defensive gameplan after the first defensive series.

"Outcoached" is a bad word, and it's clearly on the edge of my tongue here. It almost looked like the Giants Super Bowl game, which I consider Belichick's worst coaching performance ever.

You need 11 guys to play well. Butler got torched, end of story

What i'm saying is that the colts fans are more like real fans than the fans we have. They have enough sense to realize their guy isn't going to be amazing every single game so they don't bash him when he occasionally doesn't play well. Our fans kinda suck.

When was the last time Manning was not amazing? Colts fans are either inbred Indiana lifers or fair weather fan transplants living in Carmel.

Oh, and they can rely on THEIR GUY to do the bashing for them.

That's BS. Yeah I DO read the Colts boards sometimes and i rarely see them bash Manning like we do with brady.

How can you tell me it's BS when I'm surrounded by Colts fans every day? They do get on Manning (see after SB loss). It's likely you never see it on the boards cause the mods are quick to delete anything negative about the team. And no one is bashing Brady. I dont think you know the difference between criticism and bashing. Other than 2 or 3 morons I haven't seen anyone bash him.

also the RB of Morris/Benny and Fred Taylor is not going to cut it..

NE Patriots=Micromanagement...... Pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes