PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why keep forcing the ball to Moss? I don't get it. Are they trying to keep Randy happy? Has the offense just gotten lazy? Do they want to be ESPN highlight boys? What is it?

The pass protection is there....DISTRIBUTE THE BALL.

So many of you bemoan the lack of run game - because that is a Patriots staple? C'mon.

The outside lb's suck. The safties aren't good in coverage and Butler has regressed.

Other than that, we're okay. :)

Last edited:
Watching a couple of those long runs LT ripped in the second half, both were run out of a bunch formation, against a Pats D employing a 42 (i.e 5 DB) defense. If the Pats personnel is set up for defending the pass, and the Jets keep running on it, that's the defensive co-ordinator's fault, whomever he is.

ETA: The pats come back with a 34. Sanchez completes a 10-yarder to Cotchery (McCourty with the "10-yard cushion"). The Pats continue with the 34, and Sanchez completes a 21-yarder to Keller with Spikes trailing (*ahem* covering). Then the Pats come back with the 42 and LT rips off a 31-yard run.

The lesson? The Pats can't stop a good running game in the 42, and they can't stop a good passing game in the 34. :bricks:

ETA2: Start of the 4th. Pats 2nd and 3, stack left with Welker behind Tate. Welker is WIDE OPEN in the flat for a first down, and Brady lobs it downfield for Moss, and it's intercepted. :bricks:

Last edited:
I actually understand the Brady bashing right now. Just for the record, at least 80% of the times Brady just hucks the balls up the field to Moss when he's not open, that's Brady's call. It isn't bad play-calling telling him to do that... he has many options going into the play. Also, he just looked lackadaisical out there, especially in the 2nd half when he needed to be leading this offense back after the defense let us down. I'm not really sure what was going on with him this game, but he didn't have it, and he was definitely outplayed by Sanchez, which is embarrassing.

Were any of you actually there to give an account of the new stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft