PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough is enough. Bill needs help, our QB is aging and we need to win nooooow. You cant tell me the wizard who discombobulated Peyton manning for years can't even shake Sanchez. Unless of course our former coordinators had alot more to do with the success we had than even i thought.
Alot of teams find ways to disguise their weaknesses on defense but it seems we just don't even bother to try.
Butler is what he is, but for crying out loud, have a safety over the top, or overload his side so Sanchez cant pick him apart!!!
I work with a jets fan. This will be a looong week.:bricks:

What's really disappointing is how they reverted to last years form. Offense and defense were terrible in the second half. Other than Warren's sack to start the second half there were no big plays out fo the defense. Where is Mayo on the field? The offense just looked like they had no clue as to what play to call.

Defense is a major concern, IMO. Patriots cannot stop the run, and got KILLED by the quick dump to LT.

Bill better be taking the whip out on the OC & DC (himself)...

Well now I'm actually glad my wife dragged me apple picking with me kicking and screaming. I'm somehow not as emotionally attached to the game than usual. I only managed to watch from Brady getting sacked by Jason Taylor, who immediately was grabbing at his tigh.....my only question is how the hell did Mark effing Sanchez throw for 3 TDs and Brady has 3 turnovers? I'm convinced this is really horrible nightmare....and how the hell did Bengals beat Ravens? Strange day....

Brady needs to stop forcing it to Moss. Part of me wants him gone so that he can get back to spreading it around like before 2007.

Re: Butler is GARBAGE

I don't think they've thrown more than 2 or 3 passes towards anyone other than him and now two PI interference calls this drive? I hope this isn't a portent of things to come.

He had a rough game, no doubt. However, they left him isolated when it was clear there was a mismatch with Edwards, that's scheme. There was no adjustment.

And those two PI calls were complete garbage - both came late as well after the Jets receiver whined about it. Especially when the same guys were letting the Jets maul the Patriot receivers all day. No problem with letting guys play, but it has to be called the same both ways.

**** off!!

What's your problem? I'm stating a few simple facts. I happen to be a patriots fan, but this season is looking a bit dicey. Stop worshipping at the altar of Brady and try to see him as the rest of the world sees him outside of New England. He's a spoiled, immoral, overpaid and overrated quarterback. Yes he is a good quarterback, relative to the field of mediocre players at that position, but that's about all that can be said. He's certainly not worth his bloated contract.

Did you see how off his throws were today? How bad his decision making was and his lackluster presence in the pocket? He's fat and happy with a new contract and no longer needs to perform. I actually wish New England had traded him.

Oh and that one beautiful touchdown pass to Moss was overthrown, Moss just made a great play on the ball.

It's easy to make a list of quarterbacks I'd rather have than him on the field:
Drew Brees,
Peyton Manning
Michael Vick,
Phillip Rivers,
Matt Ryan,
Kurt Warner (yes bring him out of retirement)
There are probably a few others if I sat down and thought about it.

How many interceptions and fumbles did Brady have today?

Now looking at the rest of the season, here are the three games left in the season that New England could win:
Sep 26 BUF
Dec 12 NE @ CHI
Dec 26 NE @ BUF

Of these the Chicago game looks dicey to me. Hence I predict a 3-13 season. I just wish I didn't have to burn 3 hours watching this travesty this Sunday.

Despite Bradys deteriorating skill set, the real problem with New England is that they basically don't have much of a defense. Look at how many points were scored on them in the past two games, and by a crappy offense this game. I think their defense will improve, albeit slowly, under Belichek's guidance. It won't be enough to do anything this season however.

What's your problem? I'm stating a few simple facts. I happen to be a patriots fan, but this season is looking a bit dicey. Stop worshipping at the altar of Brady and try to see him as the rest of the world sees him outside of New England. He's a spoiled, immoral, overpaid and overrated quarterback. Yes he is a good quarterback, relative to the field of mediocre players at that position, but that's about all that can be said. He's certainly not worth his bloated contract.

Did you see how off his throws were today? How bad his decision making was and his lackluster presence in the pocket? He's fat and happy with a new contract and no longer needs to perform. I actually wish New England had traded him.

Oh and that one beautiful touchdown pass to Moss was overthrown, Moss just made a great play on the ball.

Come on now 3-13 is a little harsch... 8-8 is more realistic.. no one on this board wanted to hear it.. But the jets are a better team than us.. when this draft happened, what helped this defense..?? nothing.... jermanie cuningham??? darius butler??? please... we will be a 500 team and who think we would have been a super bowl team last week needs a stronger dose of whiskey, or i need this...

Drew Brees,
Peyton Manning
Michael Vick,
Phillip Rivers,
Matt Ryan,

Now looking at the rest of the season, here are the three games left in the season that New England could win:
Sep 26 BUF
Dec 12 NE @ CHI
Dec 26 NE @ BUF

Of these the Chicago game looks dicey to me. Hence I predict a 3-13 season. I just wish I didn't have to burn 3 hours watching this travesty this Sunday.

Despite Bradys deteriorating skill set, the real problem with New England is that they basically don't have much of a defense. Look at how many points were scored on them in the past two games, and by a crappy offense this game. I think their defense will improve, albeit slowly, under Belichek's guidance. It won't be enough to do anything this season however.
Come on now 3-13 is a little harsch... 8-8 is more realistic.. no one on this board wanted to hear it.. But the jets are a better team than us.. when this draft happened, what helped this defense..?? nothing.... jermanie cuningham??? darius butler??? please... we will be a 500 team and who think we would have been a super bowl team last week needs a stronger dose of whiskey, or i need this...

1. Randy Moss had a terrible game (other than the highlight reel TD catch). I put two interceptions on him - he slowed in his route as he turned upfield on the 1st one, and bobbled the ball on the 2nd. And he dropped a sure TD on the first drive, alligator-armed another one and didn't come up with the ball on numerous other forced throws to him later on in the game.

2. The Jets now know how to match up with the Pats - put Cromartie on Moss where his size and straight line speed is the only good matchup he has and Revis on Welker. That's not good.

3. Very disappointed in the defensive play calling and adjustments. Against the Bengals, they were more aggressive and better disguised. They didn't pressure Sanchez in the 2nd half and left Butler alone when it was clear he couldn't handle Edwards.

4. As everyone has noted, they stopped spreading the ball around, motioning and using the shorter routes and our offense instantly froze. Would love to hear from PatsPsycho and Jays52 about what the Jets D was doing to facilitate that.

5. Ed Hochuli's crew had a bad game, no consistency on calls in the defensive backfield. You either let them play, or you don't. You don't switch it up in the 4th quarter.

6. Liked my first glimpses of Cunningham, he made some plays.

7. What's up with Ghost? Can't afford the return of Missin' Sisson.

8. Tate and Hernandez still look electric with the ball. Why weren't they given more opportunities to show it?

Overall, a bad game on all fronts, O, D, ST, coaching. But it was an early season game at our fiercest and best division rival's house. Not the end of the world. Hope it lights a fire under some people, namely Brady, Belichick, O'Brien, Butler and Moss.

Brady needs to stop forcing it to Moss. Part of me wants him gone so that he can get back to spreading it around like before 2007.

I don't think some of you guys understand what Moss does for our offense even when he's not catching the ball.

It's crazy frustrating right now if you are a patriots fan. I liked the old scrappy patriots, when there were no stars and the defense seemed to get turnovers whenever they needed it. Although I do like Moss, this teams showboating and arrogance pisses me off. I fear this season is the year of reckoning, when justice is finally delivered to a misguided franchise.

I agree with you. What the heck did they do in the off season? Was this supposed to be a rebuilding year? Maybe they figure if they finish in last place they might get some good draft picks.

I just picked three games that are likely wins. In truth they might get lucky and win a few others, but to be rational, I cross out every game against a good defense as a loss. That means losses against New York, Miami, Minnesota, Baltimore etc. etc. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic right now. Could it be crappy New England weather, don't know.

they need to win a 2nd half game from behind to build some confidence...they are a little flustered when they need to close it out on the road.

Drew Brees,
Peyton Manning
Michael Vick,
Phillip Rivers,
Matt Ryan,

I thought you had to be at least 13 to be on this board, you must have lied like Ayatolla

they need to win a 2nd half game from behind to build some confidence...they are a little flustered when they need to close it out on the road.

You have to go back along ways to find this team take the wind out of the fans sails while playing in another stadium,they struggle and keep the fans in the game and the players on the other team have responded.

I really don't know if we will beat an away team this year?...maybe Buffalo but even that game up there will be tough.

I never thought I would say this, but I don't trust Brady away from Gillette,its like his head is not in the game and he is not emotional like he is at home

I am posting my thoughts without having read any posts yet. I'm sure there will be redundancy but I'm also sure the posts so far have been all over the place.

Today Mark Sanchez outplayed Tom Brady. If these 2 teams play 100 times that may happen 5.
There was one single reason the Patriots lost. Turnovers.
A 3-0 turnover differential is almost impossible to overcome, 3-0 in a half is tying both hands behind your back.
I have to believe we can come up with a better idea than handing the ball to Green-Ellis 10 times.
I thought the run D was fine. Aside from 1 long play, it wasnt great but far from bad.
Our pass rush was better than the Jets pass rush. That statement, aside from everything else should mean we won.
If Fred Taylor isnt injured, I really want to know why he wasnt on the field.
Give Butler a break on the p.i.s The first one was a HORRIBLE call. Blot the receiver out of the picture and Butler looks like he is running a pattern right to where the ball was thrown. He had postion. Its not pi when the ball is underthrown and the receiver stops and the defender runs into him while making a play on the ball. The second one was a pretty bad play, but should have been waived off becuase it was uncatchable. No sour grapes here, we lose without those calls, but ripping Butler for them is wrong.
Where was Welker in the second half?
We lost on the road to our division rival. If they are a contender they are supposed to win this game. No balance of power has shifted with this game.
Our defense has some work to do, but I think it will come together.
Please get Ninkovich off the field and play Cunningham full time.
The OL did a tremendous job picking up the blitz.
Could have used Edelman out there today.
Thats all I got for now.
This game reminds me a lot of the loss to Bufflo in week 1 of 2003, or maybe more like the loss to Washington 2 weeks later.

If there is a lesson in this, its that next week we won't look like we did this week or last week, it will be its own game with its own conditions, matchups, mopmentum, etc, etc.

He had one reception for 6 yards, and 2 punt returns for 15 yards.

I really don't understand the play calling or personnel packages in this game today. Why was Faulk taking punt returns? I wonder if Edelman re-aggravated the foot?

I hate Eric Smith.

I don't get why this forum doesn't ban the obvious trolls. Contraian opinions are more than welcome here even if they are often times misguided. However, when someone registers with the name "Bradystinks" on the day of a loss and has 3 posts, all of them bashing, then it's obvious he needs to go because its obvious he is a troll.

Seriously, get rid of him.

Last edited:

Drew Brees,
Peyton Manning
Michael Vick,
Phillip Rivers,
Matt Ryan,

Sep 26 BUF
Dec 12 NE @ CHI
Dec 26 NE @ BUF

Why didn't you post this last week?

I don't get why this forum doesn't ban the obvious trolls. Contraian opinions are more than welcome here even if they are often times misguided. However, when someone registers with the name "Bradystinks" on the day of a loss and has 3 posts, all of them bashing, then it's obvious he needs to go because its obvious he is a troll.

Seriously, get rid of him.
I suppose I agree

Today Mark Sanchez outplayed Tom Brady. If these 2 teams play 100 times that may happen 5.
It has already happened 2 times out of the last 3.

There was one single reason the Patriots lost: Turnovers.
Wrong. If you have to single-out one reason, then it would have to be the D's inability to stop the Worst Offense in Football.

A 3-0 turnover differential is almost impossible to overcome, 3-0 in a half is tying both hands behind your back.
So is watching your newly-minted, choke-artist idiot kicker miss another FG, and allowing the Worst Offense in Football to easily drive the length of the field for an end-of half FG.

I have to believe we can come up with a better idea than handing the ball to Green-Ellis 10 times.
One idea would be to actually draft RBs with talent, instead of signing broken-down geezers & under-talented JAGs. Another idea would be to provide our RBs with a legitimate FB.
And drafting OLmen who can make the team (1 in the last 5 drafts?) would be nice, too.

I thought the run D was fine. Aside from 1 long play, it wasnt great but far from bad.
Our pass rush was better than the Jets pass rush. That statement, aside from everything else, should mean we won.
If Fred Taylor isnt injured, I really want to know why he wasnt on the field.
Generally agree.

Give Butler a break on the p.i.s The first one was a HORRIBLE call. Blot the receiver out of the picture and Butler looks like he is running a pattern right to where the ball was thrown. He had postion. Its not pi when the ball is underthrown and the receiver stops and the defender runs into him while making a play on the ball. The second one was a pretty bad play, but should have been waived off becuase it was uncatchable. No sour grapes here, we lose without those calls, but ripping Butler for them is wrong.
Perhaps, but Butler - on whom I was very high pre-draft - has been a huge disappointment. He's even worse than last year, and now looks like a lost, soft, small JAG.

Where was Welker in the second half?
Concussion, perhaps. I hate Eric Smith. If he doesn't get fined, then the verdict against Baddell will be shown for all the world to see.

We lost on the road to our division rival. If they are a contender they are supposed to win this game. No balance of power has shifted with this game.
This was yet another terrible, terrible road loss. I don't care against whom it was played.

Our defense has some work to do, but I think it will come together.
Disagree. There's not enough talent, toughness, coaching or mental discipline here.

Please get Ninkovich off the field and play Cunningham full time.
Sure, just as soon as Bill drafts more OLBs who can actually contribute.

The OL did a tremendous job picking up the blitz.
Generally agree.

This game reminds me a lot of the loss to Bufflo in week 1 of 2003, or maybe more like the loss to Washington 2 weeks later.

This game is nothing at all like the 2 losses in 2003. These Pats don't have nearly the talent, toughness, coaching or mental discipline that the Pats of the Good Old Days had. These Pats have too much mediocre talent in some places, declining talent in others; awful - that's right, awful - coaching on game days and most esp. in the 2nd half; and too many physically & mentally soft players.

The Pats will be lucky to make .500, never mind the POs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft