PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost my thoughts from the game thread:

I expected the defense to be vulnerable. The real disappointment is I definitely did not expect the offense to continue the 2nd half struggles from last year. That's very discouraging over all else, we look like we're in for a repeat of last year. Just can't seal the deal.

Ninkovich sucks. I can see LT doing that to people 5 years ago but the LT of today?

Butler is really bad right now. I don't think Wilhite has ever had a game that bad.

Brady forcing the ball to Moss.

Ghost's miss and the defense going into sleep mode with a minute left in the first half kept the Jets in the game or this could have been entirely different.

Re: What we learned today

All players have bad games, even people like Brady and Manning. Anyone who says Brady sucks isn't even a pats fan in my opinion.

You can have your opinion and are certainly entitled to it. BUT I am a Pats fan and in MY opinion, Brady f*ckin sucked in the second half.

Agreed 100%. Tom Brady doesn't suck, he had, as you said, a bad game. He was a large contributor to today's loss, but he doesn't suck. Agreed.

Yeah that's what annoys me. Brady has a bad game and our fans bash him about it. How often do you see Colts fans bash Manning when he has a bad game?

There is a lot of crow to be eaten in this forum by the know-it-alls who think the Pats sh!t don't stink.

**** in one hand wish in the other. The Sunshine Pumper in Chief will be on here by Tuesday talking about how Butler is a superstar in the making and the Pats actually outplayed the Jets in the second half.

This loss is exactly that, an early season loss. But that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of things to work on.

This could be a huge overreaction post full of anger but...

It makes you wonder what this offense would be like if this offense didn't have Moss.

I can't imagine how much improvement that might be. Not because of the loss of a good WR but because Brady might actually have to throw the ball to someone else instead of forcing it to him.

You can have your opinion and are certainly entitled to it. BUT I am a Pats fan and in MY opinion, Brady f*ckin sucked in the second half.

While that may be true, the Jets will f*cking suck their entire lives.

This feels almost as bad as the Colts game last year.Best not to read the papers or watch ESPN cause the Jets are unstoppable now.

Lets regroup and wreck the Bills.

Last edited:

Easy to say when you're sitting in your chair instead of being out there on the field dealing with one of the best defenses in the nfl. :eek:

Last edited:

Samuel is a great CB. Look at his career stats! Bodden is good but Samuel was better.

I disagree, Bodden is a better overall CB. 'Stats' don't tell you how often Samuel gives up big plays and TDs (unless you trust PFF's stats). Samuel is a great at what he does, but he's not a complete CB.

I think McCourty is going to be a great CB but Butler makes too many mental errors and he isn't fast enough to keep up with some of the elite receivers.

Butler will be fine. He's in his 2nd year, just remember that.

Re: Stunned and Disgusted

Really dissapointing in most phases. Butler's sheer lack of basic awareness and control was shocking tonight. You'd like the offence spreading it around a lot more, if they did second half we'd have been better off. Instead we kept forcing it to Moss time after time and it was 4th down all too often. Hernandez had a good game, a plus to come out of tonight on offence.

Too easy for them, the Jets never had to work to beat us second half. We beat ourselves. It's one game but thats a momentum shift, Jets tails will be up and we will have to pick ourseves up big time. You got to win your divisonal games.

Lets start again with Buffalo eh fellas..

While that may be true, the Jets will f*cking suck their entire lives.

LT was the main reason they won that game. The "old" guy is still amazing.

Hit the panic button if the Pats lose to the Bills next week...

Yeah that's what annoys me. Brady has a bad game and our fans bash him about it. How often do you see Colts fans bash Manning when he has a bad game?

Who cares what Colts fans do? Brady is a great QB who sucked in the second half. What's so ahrd to take about that?? Two ints and a fumble. That sucks. What was worse was the play calling, unless it was Brady's decision to throw jump balls to Moss while he was covered tightly.

Last edited:

If he sucked today he sucked today and he sucked today in the second half.

In many cases he had 4-5 seconds to throw to an open reciever and still missed. On many occasions he just had to try and force it into moss when there are many other weapons

Who's "bashing" Brady? He played like sh*t in the 2nd half, that's just simple fact. He and the defense share the blame for the loss. I fully expect him to play great most of the season, but what's wrong with acknowledging when he has a bad game?

Butler sucks.

Thats why NE drafted Mcourty,

Why wont folks listen to what some of us are saying?

Who cares what Colts fans do? Brady is a great QB who sucked in the second half. What's so ahrd to take about that?? Two ints and a fumble. That sucks. What was worse was the play calling, unless it was Brady's decision to throw jump balls to Moss while he was covered tightly.

This.

10char

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing