PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lost and Found

I want coordinators

Re: Stunned and Disgusted

Looks like last year when the offense sputtered in the third quarter. Brady missed many throws in this game. And kept trying to force it to Moss. What's up with ghostkowsi? Missing that early field goal didn't help.

The return of the awful 2009 Patriots offense. The leagues most invisible second half offense. On top of it all the fraud dolphins took a nice gift wrap present from the Vikings and are now 2-0.

Re: What we learned today

1. Darius Butler needs to be replaced. Other than the problems with him, our defense isn't bad and they will get better.

2. They were throwing too many long passes instead of getting Welker into the game in the second half.

3. Much like Brady, I'm a little annoyed by a lot of our fans. Pats fans only seem to be fans when we're ahead by 20 points. Whenever people make mistakes, we start hearing, "Brady sucks, Moss sucks, the defense/offense sucks, Bill sucks, etc...." Its embarrassing.

4. Tomlinson is still a great RB. The problem was obviously SD's offensive line.

Sadly though, how do we replace Butler ... with Wilhite, Wheatley, Arrington? We're stuck with him. At least for this year. We're not making a trade for a quality shutdown corner, if there is one out there.

I agree about the going deep part. I don't think Welker caught a pass all second half, and did we eve run the ball?

Felger right about one thing.

The Patriots offense gets out of sync when they try to force the ball to Moss. Both picks were on attempts to Moss. Everything was going smooth when they were using him as a decoy. Off topic: what's with getting out adjusted after the half again? I'm getting sick of half time leads evaporating. Have to blame the coaching staff.

They left points on the field during the first half and it cost them.The second half is the worst half of football Brady has played in along time. He will get better and win a lot of games for the Patriots.I am waiting for people to start blaming Brady's hair.LOL!
Well maybe his hair got in his eyes........ He did miss on a lot of throws even when the reciever was wide open and Brady had plenty of time. just kidding about the hair.

Last edited:

1. He's in his 2nd year, he'll have his ups and downs

2. Brady played like absolute a** in the 2nd half

3. This board is vent central on game days, avoid at all cost

4. And still going to be crying at the end of the year! ;)

It's time for Bill to drop the trade-down policy in the draft, 2nd and 3rd busts instead of trade-ups or sitting tight in the 1st round have been a brutal failure. The Jets trade for play makers and deal up for talent. Their FO alone has kicked our arse...............

Re: Butler is GARBAGE

I was just thinking the same thing.

Why is it that BB has a hard time finding good db's. he has missed on every one he has drafted so far

Well jury is still out on McCourty. Even though I think two of the TDs were on him.

Reality check for a lot of us. Wouldn't be surprised if we win all our games at home and only two on the road.

The 2009 Patriots didn't win in an opponent's stadium until December 20th. This team feels about the same.

Last edited:

It's time for Bill to drop the trade-down policy in the draft, 2nd and 3rd busts instead of trade-ups or sitting tight in the 1st round have been a brutal failure. The Jets trade for play makers and deal up for talent. Their FO alone has kicked our arse...............

Yet we'll still win the division... again

This team has become one of the worst teams in the NFL on the road in past 10 games

Tough at home but 2-7 in the last nine games away

For a team that is supposed to be a decent team it does not show it, as it progresses into a new season with the same 2nd half meltdown against good teams

When will this team beat a decent team on the road?.....I really don't know the answer to this question, I can't see it from what I have seen the last 2 seasons.

If we don't go 8-0 at home this season,this team will likely not make the playoffs....yes I know its only week 2 but it does not look good

Last edited:
Let the misery begin.

Brady went from crisp short to medium passes in the first half to long touch passes in the 2nd...I hated the throws..5 step drop and pick them apart

Re: Lost and Found

You guys need to call LensCrafters now. The offense should have had this game put away in the 3rd. The problem today? Tom Brady.

The plays were there but Tommy over threw or under threw or miss the open receiver. It happens. Call it the way it was instead of playing with the easy OC option.

. Darius Butler needs to be replaced. Other than the problems with him, our defense isn't bad and they will get better.

2. They were throwing too many long passes instead of getting Welker into the game in the second half.

3. Much like Brady, I'm a little annoyed by a lot of our fans. Pats fans only seem to be fans when we're ahead by 20 points. Whenever people make mistakes, we start hearing, "Brady sucks, Moss sucks, the defense/offense sucks, Bill sucks, etc...." Its embarrassing.

4. Tomlinson is still a great RB. The problem was obviously SD's offensive line.

1) Yes

2) I think the Jets took Welker out and dared Brady to go to Moss, it didnt work for us.

3) Its more than disgusting, fair weather whiners, cant go 16-0 every year, some times they have bad games.

4) I agree with this too, hes not that old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back