PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official "National Media Bashes or Disrespects Pats" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official "National Media/Opposing Player Bashes Pats/Accuses Pats of Cheating" Th

All the hating use to bother me, then I embraced the dark side. Who gives a sh*t what anyone else thinks, the wins still count!!!

Re: Official "National Media/Opposing Player Bashes Pats/Accuses Pats of Cheating" Th

I'm still pissed at Woodson, Favre and Greenbay for not beating the Giants 3 years ago. We were supposed to have played Greenbay in that superbowl.

I hope and hope we make super bowl and the Giants show up as the opponent!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrell Suggs is just upset because his tooth-to-gum ratio is horrific. He looks like he has Tic Tacs for teeth when he opens his mouth.

That is so disrespectful.............to Tic Tacs.
I like those!!:D

Guess what, it's the jets* again.

Jets' James Ihedigbo working hard to return from injury sustained on "dirty play" | NJ.com

James Ihedigbo watched the play several times on film. And each time, the Jets safety grew more convinced his right leg was injured because of a "dirty play" by the Patriots.

"It was definitely dirty," Ihedigbo said. "I watched the play several times, and he went with the intention he was trying to hurt me.

Ihedigbo sustained a sprained MCL in his knee and a high ankle sprain on a 35-yard pass play in the third quarter of the Jets' 45-3 loss to New England in Week 13. On the play, he was blocked by tight end Rob Gronkowski. The rookie shed Ihedigbo to the ground, where Ihedigbo's ankle tangled up with center Dan Koppen, and then Gronkowski appeared to push down on Ihedigbo's right knee with his own knee as he tumbled onto him.

*caught cheating

I can remember a time, for many years, that no one hated the Patriots. No one really cared about the Patriots and they just laughed at all things Patriots.

I'd rather see the Patriots hated by our opposition than being laughed at. Envy is the reason the Patriots are hated now.

Last edited:

The Hate is back so the Patriots must being doing good.

Guess what, it's the jets* again.

Jets' James Ihedigbo working hard to return from injury sustained on "dirty play" | NJ.com

Ihedigbo sustained a sprained MCL in his knee and a high ankle sprain on a 35-yard pass play in the third quarter of the Jets' 45-3 loss to New England in Week 13. On the play, he was blocked by tight end Rob Gronkowski. The rookie shed Ihedigbo to the ground, where Ihedigbo's ankle tangled up with center Dan Koppen, and then Gronkowski appeared to push down on Ihedigbo's right knee with his own knee as he tumbled onto him.

*caught cheating

The description of that play sounds more like just about every NFL play: a block, a pileup, players fall on the ground. Obviously the writer never played the game; questions is, has the writer ever even watched a game before?

Semi-OT: Running up the ******* score

Sigh... another article, another 'Pats running up the score' theme.

Mods: Merge this if you'd like. This topic just seems to tick me off!

This is the article that got to me: Does Tom Brady run up the score? - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Yes, yes. Another mediot hating on the Patriots.

To me, running up the score is adding to the margin of victory when victory is certain. In the NFL, as we all know, victory is [almost] never certain. Remember when the Manning led Colts were behind by 21 points to the super-de-duper awesome defensive Bucs with 4 minutes left in 2003? The Colts won. Indianapolis Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Recap - October 06, 2003 - ESPN

This to me, says that no NFL lead is safe unless the losing team has conceded defeat. If the losing team does not concede defeat, the contest is not over. In every Patriots contest where the loser has conceded defeat by not trying to score, the Patriots have also stopped trying to score [stats not available - I'm shooting from the hip here]. When the other team keeps trying to score like the game is not over, the Patriots keep trying to win.

In other words, if you are getting plastered by the Patriots, you need to wave the white flag before Belichick will take prisoners. If you are defending the Alamo, even if you are the last man standing, BB will drop a laser guided missile into your left nostril just to prove that he can.

If you are still trying to score, even if fans think the game is out of hand, the Patriots will continue to try to win the game. If you stop trying to score and concede the game, the Patriots will stop trying to score.

Again, I'm shooting from the hip here, but this whole 'running up the score' stuff is BS, and has been since 2007. If you're still trying, the Patriots are still trying. Don't cry when the Patriots do it better than you, because you know they will.

Re: Semi-OT: Running up the ******* score

BB likes his teams to play 60 minutes... I wanted the patriots to hang 55 on the Jest!

For everyone complaining when NFL teams run up the score: check out tie-breakers 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

1-Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2-Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3-Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4-Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5-Strength of victory.
6-Strength of schedule.
7-Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8-Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9-Best net points in common games.
10-Best net points in all games.
11-Best net touchdowns in all games.
12-Coin toss

source:
NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

They are paid professionals, stop the other team. There is no running up the score in the NFL.

Last edited:

For everyone complaining when NFL teams run up the score: check out tie-breakers 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

5-Strength of victory.
6-Strength of schedule.
7-Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
12-Coin toss

source:

They are paid professionals, stop the other team. There is no running up the score in the NFL.

Cross 5 off your list. SoV is the w-l record of the team you beat.

5-Strength of victory.
6-Strength of schedule.
12-Coin toss

source:

Strength of victory is the winning percentage of the teams you beat.

no tied teams have EVER gone down to tiebreaker #7, the first in which scoring lots of points matters

What the heck are you saying nope to. nothing on that page contridicts me.

Let me google that for you:

Strength of victory is figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.
Examples:
If two teams end with identical records, combine the records of the opponents in each of the team's wins and calculate the total winning percentage. The team whose opponents have the higher winning percentage wins the tiebreaker.
Source: google.

We aren't here in this forum to contradict you, but to help :p

Last edited:

I think most of the medidoits finally realized that being a man playing professional football means you enforce your will on the other team. Not doing that makes you look like a little wuss. Anyone that can't respect that needs to go back to grade school

The description of that play sounds more like just about every NFL play: a block, a pileup, players fall on the ground. Obviously the writer never played the game; questions is, has the writer ever even watched a game before?

I believe the reporter is Jenny Vrentas who claims she is in her "Rookie season covering the Jets for The Star-Ledger in Newark, N.J". That tells you something right there. Still, she seem to understand the video better than Ihedigbo. What he classified as intentional/dirty play, she calls "tumbling". In my experience people who are falling don't tend to do a lot of intentional things.

Last edited:

Let me google that for you:

Strength of victory is figured by calculating the combined winning percentage of the opponents a team has beaten.
Examples:
If two teams end with identical records, combine the records of the opponents in each of the team's wins and calculate the total winning percentage. The team whose opponents have the higher winning percentage wins the tiebreaker.
Source: google.

We aren't here in this forum to contradict you, but to help :p

Which has zero to do with running up the score. You claimed that 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. tiebreakers are all affected by the total score not just wins and loses. #5 is not affected by the total score.

You don't have to google the def of SoV. I know what it is. But even though you have now pasted it in the thread you still don't understand the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News