PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official "National Media Bashes or Disrespects Pats" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official "National Media/Opposing Player Bashes Pats/Accuses Pats of Cheating" Th

Does it really matter whether or not Brady wins the MVP? How many MVP's have won the Super Bowl lately? Going further, wouldn't you rather he win the Super Bowl MVP?

Re: Official "National Media/Opposing Player Bashes Pats/Accuses Pats of Cheating" Th

Does it really matter whether or not Brady wins the MVP? How many MVP's have won the Super Bowl lately? Going further, wouldn't you rather he win the Super Bowl MVP?

This.

As long as Manning isn't the defacto and undeserved winner as he has been the last two seasons, then I don't care all that much.

Vick was magnificent in those electrifying 8 minutes with his long runs, avoiding tackles, throwing strikes.

But Brady has performed fabulously(and on multiple occasions flawlessly) for the whole season. He lost Moss, adapted to different offensive philosophies and receivers in the same season. He plays well in snow, wind, hailstorm, at home and away. Vick-led Phili lost to the Bears, while Tom whipped the Bears.

For me, Brady is the quintessential MVP. Vick is the Comeback Player of the Year!

For me, Brady is the quintessential MVP. Vick is the Comeback Player of the Year!

I don't get this Comeback POTY thing.

Vick was in the league last year. So He isn't coming back from anything.

If Vick is anything at all, it's offensive POTY.

In my opinion there are still too many similar threads in the main forum. I don't want to be a dictator and I don't think any of the other moderators do either. Consider this: there's an "official post game thread" and yet there are still about 30 new threads crated in the main forum in the last 12 hours.

Sadly, ego has a lot to do with the above. Some posters enjoy seeing they started a popular thread as if it's an accomplishment.

I really don't think you need to cater to member's egos. If they don't like it, too bad. After all, it's not like you're not laying down the ground rules for all to see.

Personally, I support the consolidation...for whatever that's worth.

I first created this thread because I thought the main forum was becoming too cluttered, with too many similar threads. My thought was to try to consolidate similar themed threads, as it would hopefully create a more positive experience for all the forum members.

In my opinion there are still too many similar threads in the main forum. I don't want to be a dictator and I don't think any of the other moderators do either. Consider this: there's an "official post game thread" and yet there are still about 30 new threads created in the main forum in the last 12 hours.

I can understand the concept of letting democracy decide whether a thread lives or dies based on people commenting on that topic, but a side effect is that a lot of very good topics get pushed down to the bottom of the page and onto page two, where 99% of the time they will never be seen again. Another thing that happens when you have a large amount of threads - good or bad - the same topic tends to get restarted over and over, because that topic has been pushed down to page two and beyond. In my opinion that doesn't make for a good forum or a good user experience.

We've made longer threads with the weekly game preview thread and the weekly media predictions thread. That's helped to clear up a lot of the clutter and redundant threads; is the forum better or worse with one thread on those topics, or a new thread with every media prediction and every media preview?

If some of the topics that do end up here are of interest to anyone, is it really that hard to just hit "last page" and see what the latest column is that is being discussed?

I'm open to suggestions and I'm sure Ian and all the other moderators too. Nobody's trying to be a dictator; just trying to make the forum a better place to visit.

I appreciate the difficulty of monitoring such a busy forum, and i hope i wasn't insulting. I didn't intend to be.

Just thought this particular merge was a mishmash, without a theme to follow. some funny, some not.

I have no problem with merging 10 Moss is a knucklehead threads, since you will be reading about Moss, if you're interested.

In my opinion, if you read a really close themed merge, you'll hardly notice, while individual writers, weird stories, or whatever don't have that common thread and become a mishmash.

Not trying to start a movement:D, maybe you see my point as to the difference.

My basic inclination is laissez faire, but i know that's not the attitude of the forum, and i respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back