PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Giants @ Pats postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocho definately showed something today but the chemistry with Brady is 0. They seem to have a completely different understanding of football. Ocho reads one thing and Brady sees another.

What exactly did he show? That he can no longer play? It's a good thing for him Taylor Price can't get on the field to save his life or he might be on the bench for good, or out the door.

What are you people, on dope?
large_Mr.Hand.jpg

Last edited:
As usual, a "good game" is the Patriots choking away a lead at the end of a game. It happens time and time again, I am sickened that Belichick is so accepting of it. And he must be, because he hasn't done crap to fix it.
It's almost to the point where I wish we would just start over. I am so fed up with the 2 minute collapses we see time and time again. And spare me the "We're always a top team" crap, because we aren't. 14-2 was a mirage last year due to Brady's incredibly lucky INT-less streak. This year those tipped balls aren't falling to the ground like they were last year, and we're seeing what last year should have been like.

Thank God I got to go to the Pats/Jets game a few weeks ago and watch Rex's Bunch get slapped around, because that was most likely the high point of this season.

We all watched the game. Offense and special teams were not great. As bad as the offense was they put the team in a position to win. D on the other hand pissed down their legs when the game as on the line. I don't care what people say. This loss is on the defense.

I've never wanted to punch two people more than Manning and Coughlin. A ******ed looking 14 year old with a pathetic football body, and a bug man who's eyes are almost touching.

Bill needs to go after this season or hire someone who has fresh new ideas as as a defensive coordinator.

I don't want Bill coaching this defense by himself anymore. Bill play calls like a senile person trying to use a iphone.

Re: Tell me again, Why did we draft Vereen and Ridley?

Thanks for showing off your cluelessness. Meriweather hasn't played a snap on defense in three weeks. Sanders is a backup in Atlanta. Nobody else in the league wants Bodden or LeVoir right now.

Score: .5/4 (with a half point for Sanders at least being active for another team)

How can you keep giving our personnel decisions a pass when we've had a boatload of draft picks the past couple of years but yet have Moulden, Adams, Barrett, Brown, White, and Ihedigbo playing a lot of snaps for this defense. All those guys are scrubs and castoffs.

Dude, the proof is in the pudding. Our personnel decisions on defense has been AWFUL.

Re: What happened to our offense??!!

Hernandez says hi!

Brady had his worst game of the year. Zero points at the half, and 4 turnover game, and many folks are still blaming the defense.

Today it was mostly Brady, and of course the play-calling, where the blame lies somewhere between Brady and O'Brien.

That first half was arguably the worst I've seen Brady play, and yes I know he's had 4-int games, but he was just atrocious on every level. Bad touch, inaccurate, and the mental part of his game was clearly way, way off.

OL is mediocre (just all-around average, everyone is letting guys get through too often, and the run-blocking is subpar) and the WRs besides Welker are flat-out bad (Ochocinco is a steaming pile of sh*t). We have Welker and Gronk, that's it.

how much more do we need to see... we are so predictable on offense....

the last 3 offensive plays all went to gronk on the td... there are so little options on o... we will get clubed by teams like the raiders, jets, ravens steelers...the texans will own as well..

the defensive secondary, they played well at points today, but there going to get toasted by holmes and burress, and jackson and maclin also .. everybody was so write off the jets... the jets are not goin anywhere they will win the division ...

Does anyone else get annoyed when every thread made after a game that is somewhat critical gets locked and moved?

Defense played well up until the last drive. Pass interference penalties were killers but obvious. Arrington is a number 2 cb and overall played well today. His PI was unfortunate but it happens. He just got beat and wasn't able to get his head around. Sergio Brown is a practice squad player and his PI was just plain stupid and careless. I look forward to the day we won't have to see Barret and Brown on the same field. Overall I liked the intensity by the defense and think they will get better. Just a shame our secondary is such a mess right now. The Dline got some penetration today and was able to flush Manning out of the pocket quite a bit. Cornerback play was impressive today.

Offense played against a good defense and came up short again. I really don't know what else to say except the better team won today. They were without Bradshaw and Nicks and their secondary has been depleted all year and still were able to beat us. Again the better team won.

I'm kind of glad the streak is over at home in a sense. I mean really I've always thought the home losses in the playoffs certainly did count and was tired of the analyists repeatedly talking about it. I'm not glad we lost by any means but again I was just sick of them making it out to be something really great when we've already lost twice.

Where was Haynsworth on the last Giants drive?

I thought Haynsworth was effective at times in the first half, but, unless I missed something, he wasn't in the game on that last Giants drive where they weren't pressuring Manning nearly enough.

Re: Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernendez, Ocho Cinco..... CANT BEAT MAN COVERAGE

How different would the game have been if Brady hit Ocho ( who totally beat his man coverage) for that wide open td?

This game would've been different in alot of ways if it wasn't for our own mistakes. The Pats definately beat themselves today.

Last edited:
Post game thoughts

Pats are not class of AFC

Pitt
Ravens
Bills and the jets are all in my eyes above the pats right now.

They have a good chance of dropping 3 strait..no way they win next week in NY

Sad that jets lost 3 in a row and pats were looking good for 1st in division..now jets will have it next week...how quick it all changes

Giants are legit this year..a very very good team (better than the pats)

whoo . . . .relax there fella . . . i know the emotions can run after a loss . . . but the last i checked the standings the Jets, Pats, and Bills are all 5-3, and unless there is a tie tonight one of those other teams you mentioned will have three losses, so I am not sure where you are getting this "the others are better"

of all of our 8 games that we have plan to date no less than SEVEN of them have been against teams north of 0.500, with the other being the fins . . . find me a schedule, ANYWHERE, where has played to date SEVEN teams 500 or with winning records . . .

before you get all happy about the steelers pls check their competition . . .

as things find a way to balance out, 5 of our remaining 8 games area against teams under 500 . . . so to me to be 5-3 and heading into the softer part of our schedule i find okay . . . also after next week, we'll have 7 to play with 5 of the last 7 against teams under 500 . . .

yes next week is important . . . perhaps we may only have two "must" win games left, next weekend and the last game against the bills . . .

so no need to head to the Tobin Bridge for a dip in the water . . .

Last edited:
this loss proves it

Not only is the season lost, and the era is over, but the era never happened. We never won the Super Bowls, Belichick is still in Cleveland, Bledsoe is still throwing picks and the ball out of bounds on 4thI down, none of us ever moved out of moms basement, we never dated a girl, and we were aborted and never lived at all - Patsfans

We all watched the game. Offense and special teams were not great. As bad as the offense was they put the team in a position to win. D on the other hand pissed down their legs when the game as on the line. I don't care what people say. This loss is on the defense.

Three parts of a football team one decided not to show up, one only showed after three quarters and one played a pretty good game and you blame the whole lose on the one that played pretty good :rolleyes:

This Team didn't deserve it today or last week for that matter but to only blame it on the defense is just wrong

Does anyone else get annoyed when every thread made after a game that is somewhat critical gets locked and moved?

Umm . . . it's not "somewhat critical" that gets locked and moved.

It's irrational posts (GRONK gets 100 yds and a TD, against man coverage, but can't beat man coverage?) that get sent to the PS.

Re: Where was Haynsworth on the last Giants drive?

I thought Haynsworth was effective at times in the first half, but, unless I missed something, he wasn't in the game on that last Giants drive where they weren't pressuring Manning nearly enough.

He was not competitive on Jacobs' TD run, and I think BB wanted to send a message. Not saying I agree with that response, but I think that's what happened.

Absolutely no return game. Other teams have one, Pats do not. Started at the 20 or less every freakin possession.

The problem is that the pats have players staring in the secondary (beside Chung) that may not even start on many other teams. Sergio Brown would not even be starting on the Colts and Dolphins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes