PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 9 discussion: Commanders @ Pats

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so that means the Pats rack up 260 yards total offense
If we can hold them to under or close to that like 4 other teams did this season, then I like our chances.

I think the Pats should be able to pull it off, IF they can get to Howell. Though, he did torch the much better Eagles pass rush this weekend (132 rtg vs blitz). Howell spread the ball to Dotson, Crowder, Thomas and Scary Terry (ea w/ a TD). Pats secondary allowing a 93 rating to QBs & a 98 rtg to WRs. Despite WAS secondary being atrocious, Pats can't let it become a shoot-out or it's over.

I'm just glad I'll be in Cartagena this weekend. Game being on Fox, there's no chance I'll be able to watch these two bad teams go at it. :cool:

I'll be in Worcester this weekend, so that's like pretty much the same place... right?

A Tight game with this Patriots Offense who struggle to score plus lost their best WR?? I beg to differ Gillette Stadium is not exactly Homefield advantage against competent Teams. The Commander are more than competent. I wouldn't bet the Patriots with your money... we're too inconsistent. You can bet that something will go wrong on our end we ain't playing with House money here.
The context of my message was that the Commanders are no pushovers and have scored points well.....some posters may have had this as a Pats win early in the season , I think it will be a tough game and we will need to score more that the usual 17/20 points range

The context of my message was that the Commanders are no pushovers and have scored points well.....some posters may have had this as a Pats win early in the season , I think it will be a tough game and we will need to score more that the usual 17/20 points range

So close in fact that whichever team's QB wins the turnover battle more likely than not wins the game too.

From this point forward, I am interested only in the implications of this year's games for next year and years following .From that perspective, it would actually be best if we were to lose, enhancing our draft position. To me, however, tanking is unethical and dishonors the game, so I do not advocate that sort of action. If however, they happen to lose, I'll be fine with it. When you parse it all out, I really don't care whether they win or not. I'll mainly be interested in who shows themselves worthy of having a place on a rebuilt Patriots team under a new GM and, if matters fall a certain way, a new HC. Let's not pretend we are in any meaningful way at this point competitive: we are not.

From this point forward, I am interested only in the implications of this year's games for next year and years following .From that perspective, it would actually be best if we were to lose, enhancing our draft position. To me, however, tanking is unethical and dishonors the game, so I do not advocate that sort of action. If however, they happen to lose, I'll be fine with it. When you parse it all out, I really don't care whether they win or not. I'll mainly be interested in who shows themselves worthy of having a place on a rebuilt Patriots team under a new GM and, if matters fall a certain way, a new HC. Let's not pretend we are in any meaningful way at this point competitive: we are not.
I feel similarly. W/L don’t matter to me this season anymore…I just want to see who is worth keeping.

I feel similarly. W/L don’t matter to me this season anymore…I just want to see who is worth keeping.

Yeah there's a bit of pre-season feel to these games now, because my #1 concern has gone from wins/losses to not wanting to see anyone else get injured.

It's amazing how any Patriots' opponent can even walk after the pregame bean job they get in this weekly thread.

Yeah there's a bit of pre-season feel to these games now, because my #1 concern has gone from wins/losses to not wanting to see anyone else get injured.
Good analogy.

I also say…and this will make some folks mad, but I’d like to see Mac grow a pair in the face of adversity on the field

Against the Commanders I’d love to see Bill throw everything against the wall to see what sticks. Play Boutte, but not just that. Give Grier the start at QB, deactivate Parker and Juju, so the WRs are Pop, Booty, TT, and Reagor. Heck I’d even play Pharaoh as TE1. Let the kids show what they’ve got. Keep Mac active as QB2 so he’s available if Grier throws up on himself, but give Will the chance and see what he does with it.

Good analogy.

I also say…and this will make some folks mad, but I’d like to see Mac grow a pair in the face of adversity on the field
I’m afraid that’s not happening without transplant surgery.

If our defense turns up like vs saints , its going to be a long day . Offense has to do better vs this secondary but seeing our WRs riunning routes (coached by troy brown) i have doubts they can do a lot without bourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes