PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Brady vs. NFL Federal Court 8/12 Thread (LIVE UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kessler did just what he wanted to, he has a plan, and I am sure his answers had a bit to do with talk with Berman before.
Anyway headlines will be >>>> Brady admits to not cooperating ....vomit
1st round Brady with knockdown

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Berman had to look into the Wells report because if there was no initial basis for suspension (like he pretty much said, he was struggling to find any evidence etc) then there's no way a suspension can be upheld.

At least that's how it ought to be ... let's hope Berman feels the same way

I don't like the way Kessler is getting all worked up. It could make him look unprofessional to the judge. We all understand the cause to get more than a little emotional about this, but the lawyer in charge of making all this go away should probably be a bit more reserved.

I can refute that argument in six words:

They are in New York City. :grin:

I'm been in several NYC courtrooms. Calmness is not required.

IMO, Nash flopped and Kessler killed it. Kessler conceded there maybe could've been more cooperation, showing they are willing to settle on that aspect. Nash basically said "Whatevah! Whatevah! Roger does what we wants! GFY"

Considering Berman is pushing a settlement, having one side be reasonable and concede something, vs. the other side conceding nothing and telling the Judge "don't care", it makes the Brady camp look a lot better IMO, both to Berman and to the public.

ESPN:

@adbrandt: Judge Berman, as expected, grilled both sides. Trying to knock heads towards true/sincere settlement discussions, but no deadline until 9/4.

Hahahahaha

berman was asking all the right questions to NFL. he seems to have doubt brady did anything wrong.
I liked his questioning of the NFL but his questions to Kessler seemed to suggest that he holds to the notion that someone did tamper just that there is no compelling evidence that it was Brady in particular. I didn't like that. I wish that Kessler had hit harder at the evidence showing that no tampering occurred, that there is no foundational bad act under this whole thing.

Is that the Ray Lewis defense?

What are you going on about?? What does Ray Lewis have to do with this? I'm telling you what Kessler basically said in court..

so what now...what is the general consensus? When are the next meetings?

I would venture to guess Jeffrey Kessler and Donald Yee won't be dining together anytime soon.

I don't think he was throwing Yee under the bus. Again, we're only getting words, not nuance.

It's clear where Berman was moving the discussion, and I suspect it was largely based on the discussions in the robing room before hand.

The NFL has no explanation for the weight of the award. Berman asked alot of stinging questions related to this.

The NFLPA on the other hand acknowledges that Brady could have cooperated more, opening the door to a settlement on that front.

Based on the proceedings, I'd wager to bet that the desired outcome from Berman and the NFLPA is a fine for non-cooperation, no admission of guilt, no suspension.

The NFL continues to dig its heals.

The NFL will need to come around, or they are going to lose this in devastating fashion. Berman will tear them a new one in rendering his decision if it comes to that.

IMO, Nash flopped and Kessler killed it. Kessler conceded there maybe could've been more cooperation, showing they are willing to settle on that aspect. Nash basically said "Whatevah! Whatevah! Roger does what we wants! GFY"

Considering Berman is pushing a settlement, having one side be reasonable and concede something, vs. the other side conceding nothing and telling the Judge "don't care", it makes the Brady camp look a lot better IMO, both to Berman and to the public.
100% agree. Sure the talking heads will say this means "McNally deflated the balls!", "Brady didn't cooperate!" but screw them.

This strategy seems quite good and I've said before that I wouldn't mind Brady settling for a fine, no admission of guilt and no suspension.

The NFLPA should come out of this today looking better to Berman than the league did.

will we get an entire transcript?

So much for Kessler getting grilled like the NFL. That was one sided as hell.

The sides are supposed to be meeting today to continue discussions..

ESPN:

@adbrandt: Judge Berman, as expected, grilled both sides. Trying to knock heads towards true/sincere settlement discussions, but no deadline until 9/4.

Hahahahaha

IANAL but it seemed to me that Berman's questions to the NFL were much more pointed than those asked of Brady/NFLPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back