PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady v. NFL Court Hearing Thread (8/31) - Live Update and Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
what time is the hearing scheduled to start?

Happy Monday everyone!

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I just don't see any way Berman can uphold this. If, for whatever reason, he does, can Brady still file an injunction and play Week 1? What is the next course of action?

Sources tell me that Brady has agreed to confess for deflating footballs to ZERO PSI before games and that he will voluntarily suspend himself for THE REST OF HIS CAREER as an act of penance before the Rog. You guys it's been 8 long months but finally- finally- the villain blinked and justice was done.

For people following the deflategate saga, is Berman issuing the ruling today or September 4th?

For people following the deflategate saga, is Berman issuing the ruling today or September 4th?
He has not committed to any specific date. He said he would make an effort to rule on or before 9/4, but did not promise to do so. There is well founded speculation that he will rule today because both parties are there, but Berman himself never said he was going to rule today.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but I just don't see any way Berman can uphold this. If, for whatever reason, he does, can Brady still file an injunction and play Week 1? What is the next course of action?

I would assume a preliminary injunction and a TRO are filed.

People who want to see Brady suspended are people who no longer believe in the American Way.

#FreeBrady

I agree. This is a big deal. This isn't about just the NFL and Article 46 anymore

If Berman rules for the NFL, he is basically saying that it is ok for a corporate entity to sidestep the entitlements a worker's union has negotiated in a collective bargaining agreement. In essence, the worker can be fired or suspended without a fair process and the employer can use false claims to suspend or fire that employee.

CNvcDwtUcAENlPb.png:large

kind of a game face on right there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes