PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Brady Appeal Thread: Live Updates and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this pondering and question posing and on and on....it's really making a labyrinth out of what is,in essence, the simplest of reasons behind this farce...JEALOUSY.

Goodell-Jet
Kensil-Jet
Pash- Brooklyn native, ex Jet season ticket holder
Official NFL twitter person...lifelong Jet fan boasting about it publicly

The Jets had Belichcik. He came here instead of staying there in 2000. Tags stepped down and in a back room closed door owners session, Goodell emerged as commissioner over FAR FAR more qualified candidates, with Pash playing a key role in his election. Goodell takes over in 2006 and Kensil leaves the franchise his father was PRESIDENT of, and that he was the top ranked executive of, to take a position out of sight, as Goodell's hatchet man.All Patriot related "gate" drama starts at THIS exact time stamp.

Jeezus...what is it that you people are failing to recognize? Have you forgotten the bitter public diatribes by Kensil and his vows to exact revenge in 2001? THIS is NOT "Colombian drug dealers", random home invasion gone bad, Kato Kaelin, his friends or anyone else other than the OBVIOUS and simplest explanation, OJ....Wells is nothing more than Johnnie Cochran redux and this whole sham is nothing more than a ruse to conceal the simplest, basic FACT that the Patriots closest competitor has and is the most insanely, patholigically jealous organization in any pro sport in history.

Eradicate all Jet presence in NFLoffices, this reign of error and blunder ends with a thud.

Last edited:
All this pondering and question posing and on and on....it's really making a labyrinth out of what is,in essence, the simplest of reasons behind this farce...JEALOUSY.

Goodell-Jet
Kensil-Jet
Pash- Brooklyn native, ex Jet season ticket holder
Official NFL twitter person...lifelong Jet fan boasting about it publicly

The Jets had Belichcik. He came here instead of staying there in 2006. Tags stepped down and in a back room closed door owners session, Goodell emerged as commissioner over FAR FAR more qualified candidates, with Pash playing a key role in his election. Goodell takes over in 2006 and Kensil leaves the franchise his father was PRESIDENT of, and that he was the top ranked executive of, to take a position out of sight, as Goodell's hatchet man.All Patriot related "gate" drama starts at THIS exact time stamp.

Jeezus...what is it that you people are failing to recognize? Have you forgotten the bitter public diatribes by Kensil and his vows to exact revenge in 2001? THIS is NOT "Colombian drug dealers", random home invasion gone bad, Kato Kaelin, his friends or anyone else other than the OBVIOUS and simplest explanation, OJ....Wells is nothing more than Johnnie Cochran redux and this whole sham is nothing more than a ruse to conceal the simplest, basic FACT that the Patriots closest competitor has and is the most insanely, patholigically jealous organization in any pro sport in history.

Eradicate all Jet presence in NFLoffices, this reign of error and blunder ends with a thud.

Those bastages act like they were the wronged party when BB left them but the Rats started ALL of the bad blood between the two franchises when they tampered with, and stole (where have we heard THAT recently?) Bill Parcells as he was getting ready to lead the Pats in their attempt to win their first Superbowl ever.

So the only reason that the Rats had BB in the first place is that he followed the HC that he had always been DC for.

The Rats think they should have had BB and subsequently would have drafted Brady and all the glory would have been theirs.

Well if these rodents were half as smart as they think they are and had any class at all they would have left Bill Parcells alone to do the job the Pats had hired him to do, and respectfully asked to interview his DC when the Superbowl was over.

All the treachery originated from the Rats and losers karma sucks for them.

There is a lot of cheating involving the Pats and Rats, but it is the Rats who are instigating all of the cheating by using their NFL* front office influence to assault the Pats legitimate operations on every front.

Last edited:
This is why I hope it goes to court: From Currans article:

As for that potential appeal, there will be hurdles to clear in order to get Brady’s suspension “tolled” or suspended if it isn’t vacated. This is where a term called “law of the shop” comes in. Goodell does have the right to mete out discipline in his “shop.” He does not have the right to mete out a disproportionate penalty for an offense that’s unprecedented. Nor is he allowed to hand out discipline based on bad evidence, which the Wells Report is going to be portrayed as.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/appeal-wont-be-casual-get-together-brady-and-goodell

But that would mean Tom ends up serving the punishment while the matter is still being decided in the courts...wait, you might be on to something. Whatever makes the least sense is what we should expect. NFL dumba$$ery FTW!

I haven't heard any reports that "say the opposite" of Brady not going after full exoneration. What I have heard is that Brady hired Kessler and another that he expects full exoneration. That's it. So you have a Wells report with critical flaws, Brady hires best anti NFL lawyer, and a report that says he wants full exoneration. That leads me to think he is going to court.
Actually, the NFLPA hired Kessler.

What reports? All you've seen are mediots who are spewing crap because that's what they want because they know if he does go to court he'll never miss a game. They're all clinging to that hope because Brady not being suspended makes all their vitriol against him look stupid. You know who in the Boston media that has been leading the "good of the team" charge, Douchebag felger, so that's all you really need to know. If a guy like felger is spewing it then you know it's nothing but bullsh*t
Even Curran has been back and forth or whether or not Brady will take it to court. In point of fact, nobody knows anything, which was my entire point.

Even Curran has been back and forth or whether or not Brady will take it to court. In point of fact, nobody knows anything, which was my entire point.

I think it needs to be pointed out that the likely next step after Goodell is not court. It's an arbitration appeals panel. That's what happened in Bountygate, even as a separate case was filed in the federal courts. Goodell got that put into the latest CBA.

Last edited:
Here's the main question. What will it take for the suspension to be well, suspended until a final decision is made?

One thing not many people have talked about is: Assume Pats deflated balls in the bathroom, but they only deflated each ball by 0.3 PSI, and only spent 90 seconds total. Does that really make any sense? Spent such big effort to just deflate the balls by 0.3PSI each? Really? If I were doing it, I would at least to deflate each ball by 1PSI to make any real difference.

This is the biggest reason I never believed the balls were deflated before the AFCC game. This whole thing is a BS.

Get worse than that when you consider that McNally didn't have a pump or a gauge with him in the bathroom.

Think about that for a minute...he had no way except "one-Mississippi, two-Mississippi" to even know how much air he was letting out, adn if he sliped or something and didn't pull the needle out promptly, he would have flattened a ball without a pump.

And even if he had those things, he wouldn't have had time to use the gauge anyway. The way you get a football to a set psi is to inflate it above that, gauge it and let the air out with the gauge in until you reach the desired amount, i believe.

Sadly, all our discussion anticipation is a bit of a waste of time IMO. I expect nothing today or til Friday and then to be told we are going to court, regardless of GoToHell lessening penalty or not.

If you're expecting anything "by Friday" you are likely going to be quite disappointed.

I'm not expecting anything in the months of June OR July.

Here's the main question. What will it take for the suspension to be well, suspended until a final decision is made?

The old rule of the "big three" which can be said about any court case:

1.The strength of the argument from the NFLPA, including any noteable past cases and rulings.

2.The potential for either a liberal or conservative judge, and how they interpret the findings.

3.Whether or not said judge got laid the previous night before the decision.

I don't think anything goes well for Brady, but I'm just hoping for some good leaks about Wells flipping out in anger, maybe letting something slip on internal bias. I think some people might be itching to let something like that out.

Part of Brady's legal team is camped out in Minneapolis with drafts of their appeal, so when a decision is reached they can run over and file in Judge Doty's court...

As much as Goodell cannot back down from this rancid episode, he fears a court decision that will address the lack of "due process"in these proceedings.. so "Jets Boy" will be walking that slippery slope, and he will be trying to figure out how to get out of this mess he and his minions have created... Brady will not accept a plea deal unless it is for complete exoneration and do not think Goodell can go that far, will be difficult to justify why he spent so much money and generated so much brouhaha on such a trivial matter.

If it goes to Court and the whole process is thrown out there is a very small glimmer of hope that Kraft's decision to acquiesce to Goodell and the 31 will be negated..

Man I would love to be a fly on that wall today...lots of Type A's...could come to blows!! If this was hockey all this would be settled outback :)

I think we are getting to hyped on this appeal hearing. Goodell is not going to fold. He would look like a fool with his new found admiration from the 31 other teams.

He invited Wells to try to provoke Kessler to show his hand through his questioning. I believe this hearing will be a standoff and will go to court. Kessler is too smart to show his hand to a kangaroo court. But he will crucify them when a real court system hears this case.

Some people have suggested Brady accepting some form of punishment because he does not want to go under oath. BS.

Brady has to take this to court to have any recourse to clear his name. Haters will always claim cheating. But a court ruling will clear Brady in genuine public debate
Goody isn't that bright.

Man I would love to be a fly on that wall today...lots of Type A's...could come to blows!! If this was hockey all this would be settled outback :)

If televised, this would have been a top 10 show.

Last edited:
Two things.

--Weather here in NY today calls for severe storms...thunder, hail, possible tornadoes, real wrath of God stuff. Feels appropriate somehow.

--Second, it's suddenly amazingly clear to me what the result of this "appeal" is going to be:

Not a damn thing will change.

Goodell will stick with the punishment. Think about it: the only time when the public's hatred of Goodell diminishes in the slightest is when hatred of the Patriots takes over. The public loves when the Patriots get penalized...for a large segment of fans, it's the only "win" they ever get. You think Goodell wants to mess with that? He's not going to vacate, or even reduce, anything. If an arbitrator or judge overturns him at some point, so be it. But he wants to continue to be the tough guy against the Pats as long as he can. It's literally the only card he plays that the seals slap their fins for.

Today will change nothing. I'm almost glad in a way...zero temptation for Brady to "accept it and put it behind him." Bring it on.

As always, the Globe doesn't know its ass from from its elbow when it comes to proofreading its accounts:

The Boston Globe ✔ @BostonGlobe
Globe’s @BenVolin & @Dan_Shaughnessy are covering Tom Brady’s appeal hearing in NH today. Their latest updates here: [Edited out by me so no one gives them clicks]

Retweeted by Ben Volin

Of course it's just a typo, but God, it would be epic if they REALLY did get sent to Manchester or Concord and are camped out in front of a building wondering why no one is showing up! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News