PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is how the NFL let deflate-gate get out of control and ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This is how the NFL let deflate0gate get out of control and ridiculous.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-i...-out-of-control-and-ridiculous-200459796.html

A first-year attorney could lampoon Wells' report, and Brady has hired the prominent Jeffrey Kessler, so expect the four-game suspension to be halved on appeal. We'll see about the New England Patriots' lost draft picks and $1 million fine.

Still, at this point it's worth contemplating the totality of evidence, as Wells likes to write. And what's apparent is deflate-gate was more misdemeanor than felony, a molehill that commissioner Roger Goodell's office turned into a mountain via incompetence, vengeance or both.

The media is so predictable. I said this would happen a week ago and I was dead on because I am pretty in touch with American media habits now. I called this to the letter when I said the media would soak the over exaggerated "scandal" for all it was worth, then start walking it back afterwards.

Just ridiculous.

The media gets to essentially double dip here. First they get everything they can out of "OMG THE PATRIOTS ARE THE BLACK SOX", and then when that's finished, they cash in again with "THE PATRIOTS WERE SCREWED, THIS WASN'T A BIG DEAL."

So the league either created a fake story that was extremely prejudicial to the Patriots by leaking inaccurate information or someone else did it and the league office let it run wild rather than correct it with the actual air pressure measurements. It's tough to figure out which scenario is worse for Goodell.

Saw this article earlier today and agree it is spot on, except the last sentances.

Incredible stuff. Well thought out piece that slam dunks Goodell's incompetence and raises direct suspicions of Patriot hating on his behalf or at least his tacit approval. How and why the owners continue allowing this dude to reign over their gold mine is mind boggling.

Even more evil (I haven't checked) is that a commenter on the tweetstream for Wetzel's post of his article says that on page 101 of the Wells report it says that Wells released the actual PSIs to the Patriots, but did so under a f**king NDA -- rendering it impossible for NE to rebut the bad numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back