PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We ranked 29th on the NFLPA report card this past season.

I could be wrong, but haven’t we been grading poorly by players yearly for a while now? Also, pretty sure I read somewhere that they are renovating the weight room this offseason. That should help somewhat. This is the kind of **** that gives the Robert Kraft is cheap crowd serious ammo. The Krafts are gonna have to either step it up or they’re gonna have to ensure we start drafting a helluvalot better because no one’s gonna want to come to New England unless you overpay.

I could be wrong, but haven’t we been grading poorly by players yearly for a while now? Also, pretty sure I read somewhere that they are renovating the weight room this offseason. That should help somewhat. This is the kind of **** that gives the Robert Kraft is cheap crowd serious ammo. The Krafts are gonna have to either step it up or they’re gonna have to ensure we start drafting a helluvalot better because no one’s gonna want to come to New England unless you overpay.

Yep. Payroll is a lot more than just for players. It’s for all the staff that keeps the machine going. And Kraft cheap out on them.

Heard they were redoing the gym and other facilities.

Higher than I thought

I’m sure free agents are lining the **** up after reading all of this.
It's not like they have NO equipment.

If a player is being offered the most money by NE, and they have questions about the training room, and NE says that that's being renovated this offseason to address the concerns, then the player is probably going to feel OK about it. I doubt they will run from the highest contract amount over the training room as it was constructed last year before they got there being not as good as the second-highest-paying team's training room last year.

I’m sure free agents are lining the **** up after reading all of this.
Wolf answered a question yesterday by saying that in his experience, free agents ask fewer questions about this kind of stuff than mostly about whether the Pats are offering more money than other teams.

how does hc get a b- and rank 27th? :thaman:
Last year the Training Staff was rated as an "A", which was ranked 9th. Meaning, 8 teams rated their staffs as "A+". Take that for what it's worth.

The inmates are running the asylum.

What happened to Krafts great chow hall? Whatever you wanted. Lobsters piled up like all you can eat bolied shrimp.

Cheap Kraft @ 27 and of course BB was at 32.

I compared the survey results from last year to this year and they are mostly the same, but with almost all the scores being very slightly lower. The only significant changes were "Treatment of Families" going from a C- to an F- (ouch), Strength Coaches going from a B+ to a C-, and the Weight Room going from a D to an F. The other big issue was "Ownership", which was not listed individually in 2023, but in 2024 was rated as a D+.

I looked into the Treat of Families item and it says that they are one of only four teams that do not offer daycare or a family room on team premises. However, this is the same reasoning last year, where they ranked as a C-, so the scoring is not very consistent. Nothing changed at the facility, but the scoring dropped like a rock.

How were they graded between 2013-2019? Just curious if that info is available.

If anyone is second guessing about taking a QB at 3, well, look at what the Patriots were for 19 years. And what they have become the past four years.

Hint: It's the QB. It's always the QB.

Last edited:
Wolf answered a question yesterday by saying that in his experience, free agents ask fewer questions about this kind of stuff than mostly about whether the Pats are offering more money than other teams.
It's not like they have NO equipment.

If a player is being offered the most money by NE, and they have questions about the training room, and NE says that that's being renovated this offseason to address the concerns, then the player is probably going to feel OK about it. I doubt they will run from the highest contract amount over the training room as it was constructed last year before they got there being not as good as the second-highest-paying team's training room last year.
Agree. But this **** sure doesn’t help. We will have to overpay to get free agents here. This kind of stuff tilts the scales when two contracts are similar.
Had this talk with one of my high schoolers that wants to be recruited to play baseball. Sure if you hit .600 everyone will look at you. But if your hitting .300 as a Junior you d@mn well better have all those other traits/intangibles teams look for.

Last edited:
We can't ignore the fact that Booster Seat Bob did throw a pile of money at the giant glowing lighthouse shmenza.

austin powers balloon GIF

For years it's been known that Kraft is cheap as **** for anything that isn't football ops.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back