PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA - Patriots ranked 24th in the NFL By Players

stayed here for less isn't the discussion.....players choose to stay with a team for less for a multitude of reasons, including stability for their family, etc - NE is a decent place to raise kids, despite the taxes......

Ocho wanted to win, and was hoping success here would lead to a bigger payday

gilmore got paid top 5 CB money at the time with $40 mil guaranteed, and there were cried of overpay at the time?

long, logan, lafell? come on.....2nd/3rd tier FAs who all signed market rate contracts

no one was leaving huge sums of money on the table to sign here.....and no one is avoiding signing here because the patriots don't have a family room

But what it does help is team spirit and culture buy-in. I agree, I think a player will sign wherever if the money is there. But keeping that player happy and willing to really put themselves out there is where these details come in.

Luckily we have good strength coaches: Two Patriots call out Ravens' strength coaches after NFLPA survey

It's as though Sullivan were still our owner all along
Good one, I've made mention. The team is so used to doing busy during the Brady era.. it seems like they refuse to change..or maybe they believe they are spending money, but not realizing they really aren't like they should.

BB did say they were 27th In spending...

Good one, I've made mention. The team is so used to doing busy during the Brady era.. it seems like they refuse to change..or maybe they believe they are spending money, but not realizing they really aren't like they should.

BB did say they were 27th In spending...
Whether you're a player, a coach or an owner, it's hard sometimes to see the forest for the trees when you're on the front lines, with all the pressure of decision making. Tom did make us look good the second half of his time here. I think there's the fear with Belichick and Kraft that if they deviate from their modus operandi which they've stuck to forever, it will all collapse.

The funny thing is, the opposite is true.

Adjust or die.

What makes it dumb? Because you don't like the results? They surveyed a large amount of players for this and asked questions about things important to the players. People like to think about the first 2 or 3 days of free agency when the big money is flying around but for the other 90% of guys who aren't landing huge deals I am sure a lot of these things are major factors when the money is relatively even.

Yes, it is a dumb report because ANY NFL player should consider themselves extremely lucky to be in the NFL in the first place....

Sure, when money is even...the other things factor in...but I'd say that the location of the franchise plays a BIGGER role than any of these things they polled the players on.

IMO it is: MONEY>ROLE ON TEAM>LOCATION>COACHING STAFF (including strength coaches)>FACILITIES in that order.... $$$$ is gonna make me wanna play in Buffalo...being a starter is gonna make me wanna play in Houston....being in Sunny California is gonna make me wanna play for the Chargers/Rams (or no state income tax is good in Florida)...Happy-Go-Lucky-Players-Coach like Carroll is gonna make me want play in Seattle.... a team's facility is a perk...jeez...these athletes are pampered beyond belief...no NFL team has facilities like Apollo's L.A. gym in Rocky III.

Whether you're a player, a coach or an owner, it's hard sometimes to see the forest for the trees when you're on the front lines, with all the pressure of decision making. Tom did make us look good the second half of his time here. I think there's the fear with Belichick and Kraft that if they deviate from their modus operandi which they've stuck to forever, it will all collapse.

The funny thing is, the opposite is true.

Adjust or die.
Great points!!!!! I made mention from about 2010-2014 those years where we were drafting and building back up the defense. TB12 carried us, I don't think we fully understand how good offensively we were as most of us expected it from the team with TB12. We scored basically every time we were on offense..

Your right pioli was so valuable and such a vital part of the team the drafting thr roster building.. he and BB worked well together in that tight RK budget.

As they say if you can't change and adapt with time you get left behind!!!

Yes, it is a dumb report because ANY NFL player should consider themselves extremely lucky to be in the NFL in the first place....

Sure, when money is even...the other things factor in...but I'd say that the location of the franchise plays a BIGGER role than any of these things they polled the players on.

IMO it is: MONEY>ROLE ON TEAM>LOCATION>COACHING STAFF (including strength coaches)>FACILITIES in that order.... $$$$ is gonna make me wanna play in Buffalo...being a starter is gonna make me wanna play in Houston....being in Sunny California is gonna make me wanna play for the Chargers/Rams (or no state income tax is good in Florida)...Happy-Go-Lucky-Players-Coach like Carroll is gonna make me want play in Seattle.... a team's facility is a perk...jeez...these athletes are pampered beyond belief...no NFL team has facilities like Apollo's L.A. gym in Rocky III.
This is painfully stupid.

Ian,

Thanks for posting. Was hoping that we'd have a thread on this.
I had read this earlier and wanted to respond - you know that you're also allowed to start threads in here, right? If you see something interesting, definitely feel free to jump on it if no one else has. Some of us are a little older and a little slower, we could use the help. :cool:

It’s pretty clear the players feel the facilities are second rate. Things like practice field, trainer room, weight room, etc go to the core of training your players to the best physical conditions to win.

If I’m Robert Kraft this should be a wake up call that these things need improvement. Obviously you want to come up with a plan first on what needs improvement, but when you’re behind the times in facilities you’re putting your own team at a disadvantage to compete.

On top of that now you have a perception issue of being a second rate organization unwilling to spend to put your players in the best position to succeed. That in itself is a problem that demands changes for the better.

Sometimes, when you get to a certain level of pay / comfort, you start to be a bit of a crybaby.

I remember Ewing, during some sort of labour strife, being all “we make a lot of money, but we SPEND a lot…”

Boohoo. Your private team jet is only a 767 type craft. I can’t be the only person who finds this entire article a bit much.

It’s pretty clear the players feel the facilities are second rate. Things like practice field, trainer room, weight room, etc go to the core of training your players to the best physical conditions to win.

If I’m Robert Kraft this should be a wake up call that these things need improvement. Obviously you want to come up with a plan first on what needs improvement, but when you’re behind the times in facilities you’re putting your own team at a disadvantage to compete.

On top of that now you have a perception issue of being a second rate organization unwilling to spend to put your players in the best position to succeed. That in itself is a problem that demands changes for the better.
Since this poll is from last year, Kraft is already taking steps to address some of this. The stadium is getting renovated inside and out.

Ian,

Thanks for posting. Was hoping that we'd have a thread on this.

It's appears that since right now we're aren't considered a contender that any piece of information or news is something that was now peeled back since we aren't hoisting up any more Lombardis. May or May not be true..

Who's knows.. I just know when we were winning you never heard anything like this..

The concerning thing I have is.. we are trying to attract Free agents.. and this can't be good for us to see these poll results.. players do care about those things.. however I've heard Cincinnati has one of the worst facilities in the NFL..

Didn't the team supposedly upgrade the interior of the facilities most recently like 2018? And aren't they building a new part to the stadium spending about 200 million?
I had read this earlier and wanted to respond - you know that you're also allowed to start threads in here, right? If you see something interesting, definitely feel free to jump on it if no one else has. Some of us are a little older and a little slower, we could use the help. :cool:
Thanks! For the information. I enjoy the threads you create on the forums it's always good stuff to me!!

I found that interesting also. The report shows that teams without a family room has wives having to feed their babies in the bathroom which isn’t cool. You’d think the team would have a spot for the families.

Shouldn't players' wives be doing that at home anyway?

Sometimes, when you get to a certain level of pay / comfort, you start to be a bit of a crybaby.

I remember Ewing, during some sort of labour strife, being all “we make a lot of money, but we SPEND a lot…”

Boohoo. Your private team jet is only a 767 type craft. I can’t be the only person who finds this entire article a bit much.
Belichick called the Vegas facility the Taj Mahal of Facility...Think hes becoming a crybaby too?

This has been going on for a while. Asante Samuel and a teammate talked about this first when they were in the 2007 Super Bowl. Kraft put them and/or their families in crappy hotels. Samuel said during practice he was getting hounded by his wife because something that had happened and he had to put her in another hotel. Maybe he would've made that catch prior to spacing out on Tyree.

Take care of your players Bob!

This has been going on for a while. Asante Samuel and a teammate talked about this first when they were in the 2007 Super Bowl. Kraft put them and/or their families in crappy hotels. Samuel said during practice he was getting hounded by his wife because something that had happened and he had to put her in another hotel.
Maybe that is why he dropped the Eli interception..

We
They dont spend on the team or the facilities...What exactly is this ownership spending on?
Most teams get the taxpayers to pay for these things. It's not out of pocket.

Plus, whatever is good now elsewhere wears out and needs replacement in 10-15 years. That's how these things go.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back