PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Albert Breer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Herein lies the big problem for the Albert Breers of this world (bolded words mine in his tweet)

fBa_iAUP_normal.jpeg
Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 22h 22 hours ago

Nicholas @NicholasDanger
@AlbertBreer but why wasn't it wrong before? Why is it wrong when Brady does it but not when Rodgers does?

Albert Breer retweeted Nicholas

The QB messing with the ball before inspection is one thing. Ball being messed with after is something else entirely https://twitter.com/NicholasDanger/status/596694950814871552…

I challenge Albert Breer to show the world WHERE in the Wells Report does it claim or even state that Brady had ANY direction (or even a SCINTILLA OF KNOWLEDGE) in the balls being deflated AFTER the referee check?

In particular, where in that report does it state that he did ANYTHING different from AARON RODGERS?

Sure there is 'at least general' from third parties about needles and such, but where is the AFTER REF CHECK timing mechanism?

It is NOWHERE in that report. What Breer is talking about in his response to Nicholas Danger is pure imagination on his part. And if Brady is penalized even one penny it will be based on that very imagination mechanism.

Last edited:
When the report suggests that McNally went into the bathroom to deflate balls, I would guess.

You make the same mistake that Breer does here (his was intentional, 'more probably than not').

Read my (and Nicholas Danger's) question better.

Where is the direction, or even knowledge, from BRADY for messing with the footballs AFTER the ref check?

Because that would be the only thing that would be illegal for HIM in this case.

Forget Brady directing it, there is no substantive evidence that it was even done. Sure the stop in the bathroom makes you go "Hmmm" but it's flimsy, at best, to be over a 50% likelihood threshold. But you're right, even if they did, there's nothing to say Brady ordered it or knew about it.

You make the same mistake that Breer does here (his was intentional, 'more probably than not').

Where is the direction, or even knowledge, from BRADY for messing with the footballs AFTER the ref check?

Because that would be the only thing that would be illegal for HIM in this case.

Oh, I agree with you - been saying that since it came out. Brady likely came down on Jastremski, who paid it forward to McNally - thus, even IF (big if) McNally did something post ref check, it is just as likely he did it to keep away the barking hounds as anything else.

There is no proof. That is why Breer is a moron.

To be perfectly clear:

The Wells Report does list some third party circumstantial chatter that 'more probably than not' shows Brady 'was at least generally aware' of the staff being able to adjust the PSi of the footballs and that he wanted it well under 16.

That's ALL the report showed. It never said ANYTHING about under 12.5 or under any legal limits.

And CONTRARY TO WHAT BREER SO BLITHELY CONTENDS HERE, it never even mentions any direction or knowledge on Brady's part of POST-REF CHECK adjustments.

There is no grey area in this point.

where are the critical thinkers in the media ? first we need a reading comprehension seminar for these idiots. then we need an inflation/pressurization for dummies pamphlet for them( i would say book but they'd never make it thru).

where are the critical thinkers in the media ? first we need a reading comprehension seminar for these idiots. then we need an inflation/pressurization for dummies pamphlet for them( i would say book but they'd never make it thru).

Not just the media - - - the NFL front office.

Hey Albert, GFY!!

Look, folks, can we keep it substantantive?

Breer is clearly wrong here (as is 99% of the people lazily reading the report).

This is a salient point about the whole scandal.

Please don't let it degenerate into what we already know about Breer.

Forget Brady directing it, there is no substantive evidence that it was even done. Sure the stop in the bathroom makes you go "Hmmm" but it's flimsy, at best, to be over a 50% likelihood threshold. But you're right, even if they did, there's nothing to say Brady ordered it or knew about it.
even the pit stop doesn't hold up, theres not enough time to deflate the balls accurately, but we are getting off track here. That no where in this report does it state that brady directed anybody to deflate the balls after the refs checked them, which is critical to getting said balls on the field and in play. Personally i just dismissed this part of the accusations because of the absurdity of the idea that it could be done.

I still can't wrap my head around a guy being able to duck out of camera view for 100 seconds and deflating 12 footballs. Was it Exponent (or whatever that firms name was) that said it was plausible that they could all be deflated in that timeframe? There would be footballs bouncing all over the bathroom floor if he just dumped them out. They would have to be taken out one by one and find the hole, insert needle and let air out then all gathered up and put back in ball bag.......I call BS

There's nothing new about Breer's double standards or his poor reporting in general. I wouldn't say, on the whole, this is even the most asinine thing he's posted within the last month. That he and Ben Volin are on the page Twitter feed is offensive, but that they're there means we probably shouldn't be shocked at all when we are assaulted with the endless stupid from them.

I agree with your concern about this post wholeheartedly but would also say the larger problem is so far there's no proof of any Brady wrongdoing period. So, in my mind, Rogers has MORE to answer for than Brady.

what would be the logical explanation for Mcnally messing with the footballs on his own, and not on behalf of brady?

there is none.....he's mad at Tom for fussing at him?......lol

that being said....they don't have definitive proof......but it appears they don't need it

Breer is a f**king as**ole. He gushes about every team yet all he does is trash the Patriots

Wish he was removed from the twitter feed

Breer isn't even worth the anger because he's really just a sad excuse for a reporter. He's like that pathetic kid who tries way too hard to make people like him; sure it's frustrating, but you feel more sorry for him than anything.

He is wrong on the Rodgers stuff too. It clearly states footballs need to be submitted at between 12.5 - 13.5. Rodgers is illegally submitting footballs at 16psi. Doesn't matter whether the referee has checked them or not or whether they are changed afterwards. To stay within the rules Rodgers needs to submit the balls to the referee at the agreed psi and not 16. Ultimately he is cheating and trying to dupe the officials in the hope they hand check and only test 2 or 3.

Breer is still butthurt from his dealings with Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back