PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL vs. Brady Federal Court Hearing (8/19) LIVE UPDATES AND TWEETS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wake up, and find that there is no thread for sharing twitter updates on the today's hearing?

Geesh, what is up with you guys today LOL

Daniel Wallach‏@WALLACHLEGAL
Judge Berman: "I have a little trouble with [Goodell deciding on four games]," via @tomecurran (at court)

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 5s6 seconds ago
Not only did Berman grill the NFL, but he made observations on his own that boosted the credibility of NFLPA argument. Not good for NFL

daniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ
Judge Berman called it a quantum leap going from brady being generally aware in wells report to goodell decision there was a scheme

Nash, adding: "There are people in the NFL who believe it should be four games for ball deflation and four for not cooperating."

So failure to turn over a personal device -- for which there is no legal or cba obligation is now worth 4 games according to Nash.
How much would 'not answering questions' be worth.
Goodell should get fired since he failed to meet his own standard in the investigation into his handling of Rice.

Bob McGovern ‏@BobMcGovernJr 3m3 minutes ago
The NFL argued that you could infer that Wells was referring to the AFC Title, but Judge Berman wasn't convinced.

Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 4m4 minutes ago
Berman on Goodell's steroid comparison: "His explanation about steroid use in my mind only raised more questions than it answered."

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 4m4 minutes agoManhattan, NY
Berman: "There is a bit of a quantum leap from the finding of Mr. Wells to the finding of Mr. Goodell." (from general awareness to scheme)

Lindsey AdlerVerified account‏@Lahlahlindsey
Sick burn from Brady's attorney today

Stephen Brown ✔ @PPVSRB
Berman hit the NFL hard yet again, and again had problems with language of Wells Report and appeal process

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin
Not only did Berman grill the NFL, but he made observations on his own that boosted the credibility of NFLPA argument. Not good for NFL

Given that Berman is still harping on the Wells Report and the investigation itself, is it time to start figuring that he's really building toward something here? Maybe I'm being overly hopeful, but I think/hope/wish he's building toward an argument that Goodell's interpretation of the facts are so far outside the realm of reason that they demonstrate evident bias (or even a malicious agenda) by themselves.

Hopefully that in turn is supplemented by an acknowledgement that procedurally he repeatedly ****ed up as well, just to really nail this whole thing down and make sure it survives an appeal.

Such encouraging pro Brady reports coming from these hearings makes you think why he would even want to settle for even a 1 game suspension.

After Breer's last tweet, I believe that that report from 'league sources' was another false leak from the NFL to try to make Brady look guilty. Same underhanded tactics as they've used all along. I'm just surprised that Schefter would fall for it, after seeing what went down with Mort.

Hopefully he knows how to issue a retraction, at least.

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 9m9 minutes agoManhattan, NY
#Deflategate hearing is over. Berman now talking to lawyers for both sides. Goodell, Brady et al due back in court Aug 31 at 11 a.m.

Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 5m5 minutes ago
Judge Berman also questioned Goodell's statement that closest parallel to Brady suspension was steroid use and use of masking agent.

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 8m8 minutes agoManhattan, NY
Berman hit the NFL hard yet again, and again had problems with language of Wells Report and appeal process

Max Stendahl ‏@MaxLaw360 8m8 minutes ago
Judge Berman: "Why didn't he say that? He's a pretty smart guy, Mr. Wells." (tying "general awareness" to AFC Championship Game)

People should follow @ppvsrb to get real time updates!

After Breer's last tweet, I believe that that report from 'league sources' was another false leak from the NFL to try to make Brady look guilty. Same underhanded tactics as they've used all along. I'm just surprised that Schefter would fall for it, after seeing what went down with Mort.

Hopefully he knows how to issue a retraction, at least.

Why would he issue a retraction? What he reported is 100% correct. This is not the same thing as leaving erroneous information unchallenged for months - even after reports contradicted it, and then the Wells report did.

It's not Schefter's fault that ESPN uses misleading headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back