PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: 2009 Patriots Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
We make the playoffs without a hitch; if we do it with 14-2 (my pick) or 12-4 or 16-0, we're in.There's every good chance we sweep at home too. No way we miss this year-no way.

Just get us into the post (with HFA thrown in:D) and I don't care how we get there as long as we get there. After the 07 season BB seemed to pace the team more at the start of 08 and if not for certain unmentionable events, I think that approach would have worked perfectly. As it was we were 11-5 w/o TFB and other key guys,and most years that would've been good enough to get into the playoffs.

JMHO but I don't see this team sitting out another post season for a long,long time. They'll come out of the gate breathing fire. There might be ebbs and flows,a tough game or 2 or 3,but none of that matters as long as we get into the big dance and I have every confidence BB and Co. will accomplish that handily.

However we end up in the W-L columns, hopefully it leaves us at our best come January. And February.

What a long,long offseason this has been. Never again:banned:

Hang around and wait 'til you see when we lose A game or even win some by margins or schemes that certain fans aren't comfortable with...that's an even bigger hoot! This fan base alternates between utter arrogance and the sky is falling utter panic, sometimes on a snap by snap basis. That's what happens once you achieve entitlement in NE sports.

What's utterly mind blowing is reading the gameday thread live. Any Pats misque and fans go ballistic, some swearing off the entire season. This utter irrationality was especially humorous during the 16-0 season.

Did anybody else notice that every time ESPN put the Patriot's schedule up that they had us playing the Titans TWICE?? :lol2: They had the Titans on week 17 instead of the Texans...MORONS! :rolleyes:

Did anybody else notice that every time ESPN put the Patriot's schedule up that they had us playing the Titans TWICE?? :lol2: They had the Titans on week 17 instead of the Texans...MORONS! :rolleyes:

Maybe they're obsessed with the Pats and the Tits?

actually, i see the bills in 2nd, not the jets. Jets, and fins go backwards this year. The bills will not overtake us, but i think they will put up a fight. I'll say 9-7 for the bills. They'll lose some close ones, and that way they can be hyped up for 2010. Isnt that the year they move to Toronto? lol. :D

I've given up on the Bills. Every year I think they will be the second best team in this division and every year they disapoint. They are too soft. Plain and simple. Every year this team falls apart due to injuries.

I do agree with the Jets and Dolphins. Teams like the Dolphins who have a huge turnaround one year tend to fall off the second year. Besides, hanging your hopes on Pennington year after year is always a gamble. Also, the Wildcat won't sneak up on anyone this year.

As for the Jets, their offense looks to be a mess this year. As bad as Favre was for most of last year, what they have could be much worse. The loss of Coles hurts too since they have no true #1 WR and they have no legitimate starter to compliment Cotchery. I also have questions about Kris Jenkins being able to play a 16 game season anymore. He fell off the map the last six weeks and the defense really suffered.

I think the AFC East will be less competitive this year than last. It still will be a competitive division, but I don't know if there will be anyone who will seriously challenge the Pats for the division.

What's utterly mind blowing is reading the gameday thread live. Any Pats misque and fans go ballistic, some swearing off the entire season. This utter irrationality was especially humorous during the 16-0 season.

Bills and Jets fan are much worse, you go on their boards when they win a couple games against losing teams, and they are heading right for the superbowl, but as soon as they lose one game, its "fire the head coach" our qb is the worst ever" "we will never win with a team like this" "after 57 years of being a fan, I am done with this team"

Its really entertaining going on their sites after they lose.

for the moment n.9 1 p.m games - those are the games i love (still at a reasonable time here)

first 2 games are allready very important: Afc East games

starting 2-0 would be nice...

Because, as we all know, THIS was such an easy schedule. ;)

is there such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL? you play who you get.

and if you don't win your games you don't deserve to make the playoffs

Schedule doesn't look too bad. My predictions:

1 Mon, Sept. 14 vs. Buffalo Bills: 48-0
2 Sun, Sept. 20 at New York Jets: 58-0
3 Sun, Sept. 27 vs. Atlanta Falcons: 58-3, big run by Turner sets up first Pts allowed of the season
4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Baltimore Ravens: 34-0, close game, it's a tough D we're facing
5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Denver Broncos: 72-14 Mcdaniels is an offensive guru leading to a shootout.
6 Sun, Oct. 18 vs. Tennessee Titans: 65-0
7 Sun, Oct. 25 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 102-0 first NFL team to hit the century mark.
8 Bye: 17-0 we win even on the bye week
9 Sun, Nov. 8 vs. Miami Dolphins: 48-0
10 Sun, Nov. 15 at Indianapolis Colts: 200-9 to match the year.
11 Sun, Nov. 22 vs. New York Jets : 65-0
12 Mon, Nov. 30 at New Orleans Saints: 500 - 0 exploitable defense
13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Miami Dolphins: win
14 Sun, Dec. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers: win
15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Buffalo Bills: win
16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: *fart* win
17 Sun, Jan. 3 at Houston Texans: win

17-0, playoff predictions to come when seeds are announced

Schedule doesn't look too bad. My predictions:

1 Mon, Sept. 14 vs. Buffalo Bills: 48-0
2 Sun, Sept. 20 at New York Jets: 58-0
3 Sun, Sept. 27 vs. Atlanta Falcons: 58-3, big run by Turner sets up first Pts allowed of the season
4 Sun, Oct. 4 vs. Baltimore Ravens: 34-0, close game, it's a tough D we're facing
5 Sun, Oct. 11 at Denver Broncos: 72-14 Mcdaniels is an offensive guru leading to a shootout.
6 Sun, Oct. 18 vs. Tennessee Titans: 65-0
7 Sun, Oct. 25 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 102-0 first NFL team to hit the century mark.
8 Bye: 17-0 we win even on the bye week
9 Sun, Nov. 8 vs. Miami Dolphins: 48-0
10 Sun, Nov. 15 at Indianapolis Colts: 200-9 to match the year.
11 Sun, Nov. 22 vs. New York Jets : 65-0
12 Mon, Nov. 30 at New Orleans Saints: 500 - 0 exploitable defense
13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Miami Dolphins: win
14 Sun, Dec. 13 vs. Carolina Panthers: win
15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Buffalo Bills: win
16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: *fart* win
17 Sun, Jan. 3 at Houston Texans: win

17-0, playoff predictions to come when seeds are announced

I have the Play-Off record for you:

Game 1: Win vs. Colts - 56-5 (Sorgi comes in for Peyton in the 2nd Qtr)
Game 2: Win vs KC - 65-12 (Sorry, Matt - Nice run, just not enough)
Super Bowl: Win vs Dallas - 84-3 (The NEW America's Team is finally crowned and Don Shula and Mercury Morris get locked up trying to get to the Patriots bench to Nancy Kerrigan Tommy in the Knee)

Last edited:

Super Bowl: Win vs Dallas - 84-3 (The NEW America's Team is finally crowned)

When you brought up Sorgi coming in for Peyton, it made me think of him wincing and flexing his hand in the AFCCG, when we all thought Sorgi was gonna have to take over. Ahh, memories:)

I'll try to word this correctly...

The two teams who finish in the same position play home/away by division on a two year rotation. Example:

The Pats will be playing @the team from the AFC west with whom they placed this year (@ Denver, both finished 2nd last year) and next year (presumably whoever finishes first). Last year, they hosted the AFCN team whom they placed the same as (Pittsburgh, both finished first in 2007) and they are playing Baltimore at home this year as they both finished second last year.

They played at Indy two years ago and will play there this year under the same rule as above. The game last year, was part of a different rotation where they play the entire AFC south with two at home/two on the road. In 2005, the Pats hosted Indy in THIS rotation. The 2003 and 2004 home games were part of the other rotation of games.

The expectation is, given parity, that this Indy-Pats quirk would be an anomaly.

I'm sure I have made this as clear as mud.

Actually, you have cleared it up quite nicely for me, thanks for the info, and thanks to the other posters that answered my question as well.

Now another one, given the info above, would it be far to assume that should both teams finish 1st in their divisions this year, that next year the match-up should be in Foxboro?

I just want to go on record and say I AM ABSOLUTELY STOKED about the dates of the schedule. Especially the Denver game!

Oct 10th I am getting married
Oct 11th I am going to the game
Oct 12th heading to Mexico (America's armpit) for honeymoon

sweet week for me! Thanks for the wedding gift NFL

Maybe already mentioned, but I just noticed the Pats don't go further west than Denver this yr. That makes it easier on dem old bones.

Super Bowl: Win vs Dallas - 84-3 (The NEW America's Team is finally crowned and Don Shula and Mercury Morris get locked up trying to get to the Patriots bench to Nancy Kerrigan Tommy in the Knee)

Ha, I love it.

Now another one, given the info above, would it be far to assume that should both teams finish 1st in their divisions this year, that next year the match-up should be in Foxboro?

Yes, if the Pats and Colts finish with the same ranking within their division this year, then we will see a Colts AT Pats game next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call