PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: 2009 Patriots Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really hate this schedule all that much. Don't forget that the Miami SNF game is a "flex" game, so if the matchup becomes less attractive, that could easily switch to an afternoon game.

I really like ending the season with Jacksonville at home and then at Houston. Obviously no one knows what games will really be difficult at this point in time, but this smells like a 12-13 win schedule to me...

I really don't think this is bad at all, for a number of reasons:

-@ Miami isn't until December at night, so no heat factor there.
-If you look at last year's playoffs teams we get Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Carolina at home while only Miami and Indy on the road.
-No San Diego, Pitt, or NFC East this year.
-Jacksonville at home in December (warm weather team in foxboro=easy win)
-Bye week right in the middle of the year.
-The only bad part is that @Indy-Jets-@New Orleans-@Miami stretch and getting the physical Titans a week before the London game.

The most important point here is that the Pats look loaded and the schedule shouldn't matter.

Well done! Major ouch with the last item you list; that's going to be a grueling patch right there,otherwise we're good. We've had worse that's for sure. 12-4 at the minimum:rocker:

I am not worried about the Pats schedule, it isn't that bad, like someone else mentioned, I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing SD, PIT, DAL, and NYG is not on the schedule.

What worries me is the Pats small margin for error this year--it looks like IND has a very easy schedule yet again. I smell another strong regular season record for the Colts and Pats, where 14-2/15-1 might be the magic number for home field. I don't expect TEN or NYJ to be as strong this year.

The only issue I have ... in the past, haven't the teams that played in London had the bye the next week?

Edit: My bad, I was thinking they played NWO in London, not TB.

Last edited:
I really don't think this is bad at all, for a number of reasons:

-@ Miami isn't until December at night, so no heat factor there.
-If you look at last year's playoffs teams we get Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Carolina at home while only Miami and Indy on the road.
-No San Diego, Pitt, or NFC East this year.
-Jacksonville at home in December (warm weather team in foxboro=easy win)
-Bye week right in the middle of the year.
-The only bad part is that @Indy-Jets-@New Orleans-@Miami stretch and getting the physical Titans a week before the London game.

The most important point here is that the Pats look loaded and the schedule shouldn't matter. We should expect to win all these games (not 16-0, just confident going into every game) and we will need to beat these teams at some point anyway to win #4. Depending on the draft, I say 13-3, 14-2, or 15-1 as long as Tom is healthy

I agree this schedule is not bad at all. The worst part is the back-to-back night games, but even then the MNF short week they get Miami primtime, so it's not like they have to do any traveling to other time zones, plus they get 7 extra hours rest FWIW. :)

But as far as the allegedly tough playoff teams on their schedule, Falcons, Panthers, Ravens, none of them worry me.

Colts are the only Big Boys on the schedule. Smells of 14-2 to me. Maybe 15-1 if Brady can start hot. :)

Thw two games on the road with the first Monday Night and the second at Miami is the only tough piece that I see, given that we already knew the opponents.

MNF in NO will be a tough too..wish it were a regular sunday game

Whos watching the NFL Schedule release? NFL Network will be talking about the Patriots VERY soon!!

12 Mon, Nov. 30 at New Orleans Saints ESPN 8:30 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Miami Dolphins NBC 8:20 p.m.

With the short week and both cities close to each other but far enough from here I wonder if they'll treat this like the two west coast trips from last year.

Damn that sucks the Pats won't be coming to Texas until Week 17. Maybe my friends and I will take a trip to Denver.

Great schedule. The first half is much tougher than the second half, so the Pats wil be coming on in the second half. Only Indy on the road is tough. Titans and Ravens at home helps. Miami doesn't get at high heat September home game, so they lose their Home game advantage. We play down there in cool December. e have a bye after the London game too, to recover.

With the short week and both cities close to each other but far enough from here I wonder if they'll treat this like the two west coast trips from last year.

Don't count it out. Good catch.

It looks like it'll be hard to get into a groove, for the team. Untill the last four games anyways.
7:00
1:00
4:15
1:00 (london)
8:20
8:30
8:20

They were not sharp in those games...so I assume not

Also, what is up with only one set of back-to-back home games? Seems very odd. Usually teams have several sets of b2b home games.

Of course the flip side is they only have one b2b road trip, but still struck me as weird. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. ???

Also, what is up with only one set of back-to-back home games? Seems very odd. Usually teams have several sets of b2b home games.

Of course the flip side is they only have one b2b road trip, but still struck me as weird. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. ???

I was thinking about that myself. I don't think it will be too big a deal.

Whos watching the NFL Schedule release? NFL Network will be talking about the Patriots VERY soon!!

I do love the back head shot they have of Chilly Willy right now. :rofl:

Kraft at CBS Scene in Foxboro on NFLN right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back