PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Schedule Analysis and Won/Loss Prediction

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Lol, I think some will prefer Mark’s version. He’s way less optimistic than I was/am. :cool:

Considering that the offense is likely to go through some radical changes in regards to play calling and overall philosophy (I don't see that additions as very radical, though improves things overall), I would consider 9-8/10-9 to be a success. Even if they miss the playoffs.

The saving grace is the defense. This unit could produce two wins on its own, and preserve another three or four. This should allow BoB to use the run game as a control feature rather than "it's all we really have".

Some creativity playing to the strengths of the offense would be nice - and even better if it isn't always a damn WR screen.

Some creativity playing to the strengths of the offense would be nice - and even better if it isn't always a damn WR screen.
The screens will be a necessity to slow opponent's pass rush because the tackle position is still a giant question mark.

The screens will be a necessity to slow opponent's pass rush because the tackle position is still a giant question mark.
I agree that they have a purpose. But I want to see them mix it up - same offensive set, different plays.

Just because it’s a question now doesn’t mean it will still be a question by the opening game. I know you’re a pessimist but at least own it and say “I expect the OL will suck” instead of pretending there’s going to be a question mark influencing play calling all season.

Just because it’s a question now doesn’t mean it will still be a question by the opening game. I know you’re a pessimist but at least own it and say “I expect the OL will suck” instead of pretending there’s going to be a question mark influencing play calling all season.
They could have an answer. It could be a crappy answer.

I don't expect the OL to suck. The interior will be good-to-great. The tackle position will not or will run extremely hot and cold.

Lol, I think some will prefer Mark’s version. He’s way less optimistic than I was/am. :cool:
I prefer yours, but I agree with Mark's.

I'm expecting a long year, but one of tremendous growth for the team.

Reactions: Ian
I have them at 9-8

Split with the Jets and Fins

Wins: Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Giants, Steelers, Commanders, Colts
Losses: Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Saints, Bills X2

From both the wins and losses there will be one somewhat shocking game which goes the other way.

I'm basing this on the OL being average. Last year it was below average. If the OL were to step up and be better than average they could get to 10 and maybe even 11 wins. On the other hand if the OL is like it was last year, especially the first half of the season, then they could be as bad as 6 wins. I'm basing the average assessment on better overall coaching on offense this year and the fact that they did trend better the second half last year.

Absolutely pessimistic prediction. Losing to the Steelers and Chargers? When is the last time the Patriots lost to the Chargers?? I say split with Jets and upset vs. the Chiefs. Nobody plays the Chiefs better then the Pats, Chargers and Bengals. Always close games for the most part. The defense will be improved, the offense can't be worse then last season.

Guessing 9-10 wins in my opinion. Floor is 8 wins.

Mark Morse does an informative and realistic season’s prediction—Sorry, Ian—but I think he is too quick to discount the Jets’ ability to catch on fire now that they have their missing infinity stone. A QB

And they hope they can have improvement in the play of their oft-injured tackle, Mekhi Becton. This guy can be dominant if healthy.

Last edited:
Considering that the offense is likely to go through some radical changes in regards to play calling and overall philosophy (I don't see that additions as very radical, though improves things overall), I would consider 9-8/10-9 to be a success. Even if they miss the playoffs.

The saving grace is the defense. This unit could produce two wins on its own, and preserve another three or four. This should allow BoB to use the run game as a control feature rather than "it's all we really have".

I've said this before pertaining to the season.. don't laugh at me... But I'm saying 12 wins.. I cannot say who we win/loose too.. But I'm feeling 12 wins this season.

The offense projects to be leaps n bounds better.. particularly in the red zone. Just simple execution, lining up correctly, erasing mental errors will be night n day compared to last season.

Special teams projects to be much better

The defense I'll say will be dominant and always will keep the team in it.

The defense I'll say will be dominant and always will keep the team in it.
I think this is the key that will stand out this upcoming season.

Let’s hope the tackle situation on the offensive line stays strong.

Last edited:
I think this is the key that will stand out this upcoming season.

Let’s hope the tackle situation on the offensive line stays strong.
Agreed!! The offense still will have to show up.. they must be able to move the ball and score.. can't settle for FGs have to score TDs.. yeah the committed guranteed money to reif so he'll likely be starting.. ..

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back