PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Off Season Misspent

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys on that list helped the team. They create competition, demonstrate veteran leadership, and give show the tricks of the trade to the youngsters. It's a good thing that we had those guys in the offseason--some good players--and they couldn't crack the lineup.

Guess we will find out at the end of the year if it was for the better or worse.

This off-season has illustrated that Bill Belichick will scour the earth for any available tight end.

Last edited:
"Wars are won or lost before battle ever begins"- Sun Tzu

Owl schytte.

Sun Tzu never wrote any such thing.

That's what you get for believing Michael Douglas. :nono:

At least I assume that it's his misquote that you're misquoting.
spock.gif

This off-season has illustrated that Bill Belichick will scour the earth for any available tight end.

...and with a never ending vigilance

"Wars are won or lost before battle ever begins"- Sun Tzu

Owl schytte.

Sun Tzu never wrote any such thing.

That's what you get for believing Michael Douglas. :nono:

At least I assume that it's his misquote that you're misquoting.
spock.gif

Did you really just try to refute me by quoting some other clown misquoting Sun Tzu??
jester.gif

Try again.
th_coffee.gif

no Grid..I quote ME, Sun Roof...better known as Joey Kerr and the Kerouacs..."the race is not always to the swift nor the game to the strong...but that is how to bet..."..:yeeha: Yeeha

no Grid..I quote ME, Sun Roof...better known as Joey Kerr and the Kerouacs..."the race is not always to the swift nor the game to the strong...but that is how to bet..."..:yeeha: Yeeha

Well, that's good enough for me!! :D

seriously though, Grid...I'm considering changing my nick from Joker to Chicker...all the C. Littles have finally swayed me to the feathery side...maybe Bawker is a better nick...yeah, that's it...Bawker

Seriously, though ~ I think some might find this interesting ~ Michael Douglas badly misquoted Sun Tzu in Wall Street, when he ~ Douglas ~ suggested that "Every Battle is won before it is ever fought."

I find it hard to imagine that Sun Tzu would've ever wrote anything that stupid.

I thought the actual quote by sun tzu read "Every battle is won or lost before it's ever fought, unless your the Jets, in that case they're all lost"

I haven't bothered to read the thread after the first page, but I'm wondering: what's the point of this thread? BB signed a ton of guys, some to more money than others, in the hopes of putting together a very competitive camp in order to create the best team he felt that he could. That necessarily means (as it does with every team) cutting a bunch of guys, some of whom would be surprises to us fans.

So.......how is this news-worthy?

I didn't read past the OP either. We didn't really waste much money on these guys at all...bar Fanene but when the guy lied about an injury or condition, what can you do?

You have 90 players and you pick the best 53...not only that you pick to suit your system.

Go be HC yourself...I don't see this as an off season wasted and even if it turns out to be, it's too early to be guessing now...wait until the end of the season.

I thought the actual quote by sun tzu read "Every battle is won or lost before it's ever fought, unless your the Jets, in that case they're all lost"

Sun Tzu lived about 2300 years ago.

Unless someone has the origional authentic text and can perfectly translate from ancient dialect; the various interpretations through history are adequate.

Ofcourse, there is:

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
"Luck is defined as when preparation meets opportunity".

The dead money issue is not an issue if you are in good cap shape. Preparation on the cap front allows you to take chances that cap hell teams should not.

Deion Branch
Jabar Gaffney
Jonathan Fanene
Spencer Larsen
Tony Flammatta
Bobby Carpenter
Donta Stallworth
Robert Gallery
Dan Koppen
Anthony Gonzalez
Will Allen
Joseph Addia
James Iheldigbo
Chad Johnson

I know every team cuts players but I look at this list of players. These are not UDFA or even younger NFL players that could have untapped ability. These guys are all veterans with plenty of tape and reports on them to show what they could do for us.

I am a huge BB fan and supporter but the amount of time put into these players by are coaches, and money lost by ownership really does not seem to be the best uses of are resources.

I think badminton or table tennis might be a good alternative to satisfy your competitive nature. JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it was misspent. Think of all the extra TEs we could have signed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes