PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NOTICE: Ratings Abuse - Knock it off, Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back in time and disliking a bunch of posts is silly, I agree.

But just to be clear, if someone keeps posting stupid **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, it's okay to keep disliking each stupid post right?

Like if Cris Collinsworth joined our board (might pick a username like "Pessimistic Peter" or something similar) and continues to post non-stop stupidity, disliking/disagreeing with every dumb thing they write is fine so long as it's not done maliciously.

Or if Roger Goodell were to join the board (might pick a username like "RedFromDartmouth" or something similar) and just rambles on and on about incorrect stuff and trolls the board worse than the typical Jets fan (which coincidentally, Goodell is), it's fine to dislike almost every post if almost every post is stupid. Which 99% would be. Just so long as we don't go back and dislike past posts. Unless they're also stupid. Which they probably will be.

Just some random fictitious examples...

Excellent random examples at that....

I had no idea that disliking or disagreeing effected a persons credit rating and ability to buy a home. So in the spirit of that i have changed all the negative ratings (5 total) that i have given out. I hope this will extend an olive branch to the five of you who i have harmed and hope in the future we can put this behind us and become friends.

I had no idea that disliking or disagreeing effected a persons credit rating and ability to buy a home. So in the spirit of that i have changed all the negative ratings (5 total) that i have given out. I hope this will extend an olive branch to the five of you who i have harmed and hope in the future we can put this behind us and become friends.
Mi casa es su casa...

So to sum up this thread:
  • We now type out our ratings in all caps
  • Don't spam dislikes or disagrees (unless its Goodell or Collinsworth)
  • Tom Petty is making a comeback?
I miss anything good?

So to sum up this thread:
  • We now type out our ratings in all caps
  • Don't spam dislikes or disagrees (unless its Goodell or Collinsworth)
  • Tom Petty is making a comeback?
I miss anything good?

Ian has to pull double shifts to appease people with sensitive feelings.

Anyone else notice the dramatic change in nature to the majority of the posts in this thread once school got out?

I feel like we should have a ratings that compliments the poster, but dislikes the subject matter. Like, "X is injured"

then someone can rate it "Oh boy, that is awful, but thank you for taking sometime to spread the news" or something

Anyone else notice the dramatic change in nature to the majority of the posts in this thread once school got out?
No, but I did notice a somewhat seismic shift once the eighth graders' lunch period ended.

Not to mention the second dramatic change after last call ;)

I've never given out one dislike that I know of. If I did its cuz my fingers are too fat.

I feel like we should have a ratings that compliments the poster, but dislikes the subject matter. Like, "X is injured"

then someone can rate it "Oh boy, that is awful, but thank you for taking sometime to spread the news" or something

Yeah - nobody liked the 'Dion Lewis to IR' posts but we all probably appreciated someone taking the time to find out and notify us.

So a simple 'Thanks' one would be awesome.

de5c1606cd90a05489e6c851d6ad1501836162bab06fab4b0b24a2b0abd9849d.jpg

And then of course there are the ratings whores...

Maybe I can play:

Peyton: BAD!
Felger and Mazz: BAD!!
Jets: BAD!!!
Goodell: BAD!!!!

Butler: GOOD!
Gronk: GOOD!!
Belichik: GOOD!!!
Brady: GOOD!!!!

I like school and got a lot out of it. I simply believed that I often had better things to do at the time. Ironically, I lament not finishing my degree and am seriously considering going back to school and eventually changing careers. I'm in my 40s. :S

Go for it, you're never too old.

The biggest problem are the people who get upset and then go on a tear of hitting it for the last 20+ posts by the person they're mad at in a one day span. There were several people yesterday that handed out 10+ to one person, some of which I could see was just in anger, which is just ridiculous. I've already reversed these a bunch of times in the past but it's apparently a more widespread issue than I thought recently. THAT's what really triggered this thread more than anything.

How childish. Don't people have anything better to do? I've kinda become addicted to this site. My daughter is always making fun of me but stalking another posters posts to start disliking them is soooo ridiculous. You should post their names on a wall of shame, that'll teach them to be petty, lol.

If your going to take the time to hit the disagree button, take the time to post a constructive response why you disagree. The dislike button should only be used on posts that are "troll" like. Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes