PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Changes coming - And an FYI on potential actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t we used to have a time out for this?
But I’m saying if someone wants to talk endlessly about off topic things, send those posts to a garbage pail thread. Then whoever wants to talk about it there can do it and no one else has to see it in order to read the on topic stuff.
Not making those posters a pariah but giving them their own space, hidden away.

Everyone single person here understands the new rules set forth by Ian. *****ing about it won’t change a single thing. You are not entitled.

But I’m saying if someone wants to talk endlessly about off topic things, send those posts to a garbage pail thread. Then whoever wants to talk about it there can do it and no one else has to see it in order to read the on topic stuff.
Not making those posters a pariah but giving them their own space, hidden away.
OT: Thanks, I'm comfortable in that environment anyway.

My family leaves food for me up here in the attic, and takes the used dishes daily.

If I had an extra strand of hair on my head for every time this topic came up

since I came here in 1999 ..... well I would look like John Travolta ... Saturday Night Fever. :oops:

Sorry Ian ... had to say it ... ;)

I know she wasn’t in the right about banning people so quickly, but I also can’t imagine it was easy being a mod around here. I do miss what she added to the conversation.
Honestly made me sad because I thought she was a solid poster here back when she was just a poster. Was always optimistic and positive.

It almost feels like becoming a mod shifted that in her into more of a toxic positivity. I think it was a lot for her to handle. Hell, it would be for anyone.

Honestly made me sad because I thought she was a solid poster here back when she was just a poster. Was always optimistic and positive.

It almost feels like becoming a mod shifted that in her into more of a toxic positivity. I think it was a lot for her to handle. Hell, it would be for anyone.

If you are properly doing your job as a moderator, you're never going to get universal praise and acceptance on a message board. The last few years have been really tough too with the whole TB vs BB debate. I didn't envy her or Ross. As I said before, Ross tends to let things slide and has a much longer leash than Ashley did, which makes him more acceptable as a mod. But apparently, she did or said something to Bacon that was unacceptable.

Last edited:
If you are properly doing your job as a moderator, you're never going to get universal praise and acceptance on a message board. The last few years have been really tough too with the whole TB vs BB debate. I didn't envy her or Ross. As I said before, Ross tends to let things slide and has a much longer leash than Ashley did, which made him more acceptable as a mod. But apparently, she did or said something to Bacon that was unacceptable.
What happened was explained at least twice in this thread. Once, I believe directly to you in replies. It's not hard to understand/follow what happened.

What she said (well known) and did (lock my thread out of anger). Only got her a meeting with Ian. What happened then ultimately got her banned.

I respect the decision. She was a huge fan but obviously had trouble as a mod. Even her her biggest fans admit that. It's not easy but she fixated on certain things that didn't really need that much attention like the gdt and it absolutely spilled over into threads with posters she had issues with there.

Great fan, obviously. Very positive and always optimistic. I wish her well personally. No hard feelings but truthfully i wouldn't feel comfortable posting here if she did that to someone else. No matter if you think they get special treatment or post infrequently. Again I wish her well and have no hard feelings.

A long, long time ago I used to think Bacon was a rough, mean old man!

but he's really a soft, snuggly teddybear that knows a lot about football

and that turns me on.... (#notgay)
I think @BaconGrundleCandy is a little of both. He can be an ornery bastard when pushed, but he is typically a snuggly bear.

Here he is studying his 2024 draft charts already. Couldn't you just get lost in that bear-like body hair?

No homo.

View attachment 51380
Certain things get might get me fired up that wouldn't bother others. I'm not the most articulate and things come across a certain way through text/online. I really have and need to be better with how I say things. I'm impulsive at times. I'm trying :) It's pride month so why not let my compassionate side out of the closet.

What happened was explained at least twice in this thread. Once, I believe directly to you in replies. It's not hard to understand/follow what happened.

What she said (well known) and did (lock my thread out of anger). Only got her a meeting with Ian. What happened then ultimately got her banned.

Relax. I’m not questioning you as to what happened. :rolleyes:

Relax. I’m not questioning you as to what happened. :rolleyes:
I get that. I'm relaxed, very content. Waiting for the fights tn.

What happened has been explained several times. It's pretty simple. Was just trying to help you understand.

Have a good day!

This is the kind of sh!t that keeps the nonsense going.

No. YOU are the kind that keeps the nonsense going. As you just proved with your ridiculous reaction. Try unclenching your cheeks or smoking a joint or something. Hell. Maybe you and Andy should go get a room. Do something instead of b!tch or moan or complain or spew garbage.

So we should just continue to beat the dead horse just a little more?
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I understand that fans here don't like to see the negativity and that's why I supported the idea of a separate place (the Brady forum) so that I could air it out there. That was where I tried to keep my negativity towards Bill's moves.

If the Pats don't see any more success then it definitely could lead to more negativity. I can easily see some reporter deciding to pay back Belichick with a Curse of Brady article that could get that ball rolling.

I have to add that I don't know what happened to the way things were, when managers in baseball and coaches in other sports were rightfully criticized when they made mistakes. Somehow Bill has avoided criticism here in spite of his mistakes.

I understand that fans here don't like to see the negativity and that's why I supported the idea of a separate place (the Brady forum) so that I could air it out there. That was where I tried to keep my negativity towards Bill's moves.

If the Pats don't see any more success then it definitely could lead to more negativity. I can easily see some reporter deciding to pay back Belichick with a Curse of Brady article that could get that ball rolling.

I have to add that I don't know what happened to the way things were, when managers in baseball and coaches in other sports were rightfully criticized when they made mistakes. Somehow Bill has avoided criticism here in spite of his mistakes.

6 Lombardi's and 20 years of being a/the SB favorite happened. That type of legacy tends to buy immunity from criticism.

I am an admitted hypocrite when it comes to Belichick. I acknowledge and am aware of his mistakes, yet the guy can do know wrong to me. He is my favorite person in sports ever.

This is the way I look at it. If I am lucky, I will have 80 years on this floating green and blue ball called Earth. For 1/4 that time, I was a fan of the team who had the greatest run in the only sport I care about.

This is the same reason I cheered on Brady in Tampa. The guy may be a weirdo, but he has my loyalty. When a former mod here said I wasn't a real Patriots fan because I still rooted for Brady, I told her to eat my ass. Not my finest moment, but the thread ban was worth it. I never understood that mentality. BB and Brady have earned my football loyalty permanently.

Do you remember after the 2001 season? I kept thinking, "Holy ****, the Patriots actually won a Super Bowl." It was surreal before it became a yearly expectation.

I understand the people who are frustrated with the last few seasons and want to criticize. I get it. I'm just not there yet and probably never will be. Once Belichick is gone, however, the gloves come off. I am still full of contentment from the 20 years, I guess. But I still love reading all the criticism here, even the over the top ones. The pompoms (I am one, I think) need to lighten up and not need an echo chamber of validation. That **** is boring.

Even overweight, basement dwellers who change their screen names and exist just to deep throat the next great QB add spice to the forum. I can no longer see his posts, unfortunately, due to being blocked. If you're reading this Timmy, I miss you little buddy!

Last edited:

I have no problem criticizing Bill. His record on drafting and developing WRs stands as testament to how he views team building. 2022 is placed squarely at his feet. I have a problem with the same posters running the same tired diatribe over and over on it. You know the posts I am talking about, and you know who the posters are.

I have no problem criticizing Bill. His record on drafting and developing WRs stands as testament to how he views team building. 2022 is placed squarely at his feet. I have a problem with the same posters running the same tired diatribe over and over on it. You know the posts I am talking about, and you know who the posters are.
no..I don't Steve...please elucidate.

I do admit I find a multitude of posts that stick in my craw and pound away at my brain like a ball peen hammer...but that's what aged scotch and painkillers are for... :whistle:

OT: Thanks, I'm comfortable in that environment anyway.

My family leaves food for me up here in the attic, and takes the used dishes daily.

Luxury!

Private accommodations, room service. Living the dream!
Aye, in my day we'd sleep on the roof and forage for acorns in the summer then be sewn into a human centipede in the summer and the guy at the front always wanted taco bell. tell a kid that today, and he won't believe ya.
see, that's fair and balanced (original meaning of the term before Orwellian reframing.) I mean, he made mistakes and he'll make more. I'm not likely to ever back a "the game passed him by" analysis from the top. It'll probably take another ring to make me say "okay that was an okay idea." BUT it's not like I think he's great at drafting receivers at the top of the draft. Everybody's better at some things than at others.

no..I don't Steve...please elucidate.

I do admit I find a multitude of posts that stick in my craw and pound away at my brain like a ball peen hammer...but that's what aged scotch and painkillers are for... :whistle:
He's not the only one. They know who they are. *hint* They might be among the first ones to ***** the loudest and the most often in this thread.

I look at it this way: @Ian has said "enough is enough". They had their time to *****, moan and groan, but it's over. They may have to actually think of something to post other than feelings hurt, hoodie bad.

As I eluded to above, where @PatsFanInVa quoted, the man is not above criticism. @Dingleberry really said it best, 6 rings goes a long way to mute a big part of that. I don't feel the need to harp on the past eff ups. We can take him to task on whatever gets screwed up in '23, sure, but it doesn't need to be while listing off the man's previous sins.

EDIT: An aside, not that it's aged scotch, but I managed to score a bottle of Blanton's Gold this week. Pretty tasty. Lot's going on with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3