PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NOTICE: Ratings Abuse - Knock it off, Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food for Thought for good old Quantum Mechanic and any "conscientious" DisAgreers:

I don't get the sense that your excessive DisAgrees are hostile in nature.

I get the sense that you're looking at them as a Voting Mechanism.

They are not offensive...But they do come across as rude.

Just something that I hope you'll consider.

I hit "dislike" and "disagree" on posts I dislike and disagree with. No hidden meanings. Pretty simple. And I plan to continue to do so.

I have to say I can't even begin to comprehend that anyone would actually care enough or take the time to file a complaint with Ian over "dislikes" or "disagrees". So fire away with disagrees or dislikes -- I honestly could care less. You'll notice I've never complained in public (or in private, though of course I have no way of proving that) about any ratings. Even when you started your silly thread bashing me.

Pretty touchy, aren't you, there, Quantum? Is your Irony Radar going off, because mine is!!
jester.gif

When one sprays around Red X's like you do, it's kind of...insane...to get Defensive...don't you think?
spock.gif

C'mon, man: That Thread was all in Good Fun, and everyone knew it. C'mon!! :D

And I've actually sort of defended your strange approach to this ~ or done my best to do so.
th_coffee.gif

You gotta admit, though: Your behavior is bizarre and bewildering to...everyone. :eek:

I have to say I can't even begin to comprehend that anyone would actually care enough or take the time to click "Disagree" on something without actually contributing anything meaningful to the discussion. :)

One is given to ask: Why bother?
huh.gif

But, hey: Whatever Floats Your Boat. ;)

You're not the Problem, my Friend, and I seriously doubt that Ian was talking about you. Your excessive use of Disagrees is strange, but doesn't come across as Hostile ~ just as "voting", as I said. In fact my intent was to distinguish you from the guys who go on Hostile Disagree Sprees, and you can see that I made a point of employing the term "conscientious" to describe your behavior. It's bizarre, mind you...But unlike the other behavior that I believe that Ian is especially targeting ~ though I would not presume to speak for'm ~ it doesn't strike me, at least, as Hostile. Useless, I have to say...but not Hostile. Sorry if it struck you that way.

If that's your thing, hey: Rock On with your Bad Self. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree with those who say a disagree should be followed by a post stating why.

Mandatory?? Wouldn't that be awesome?? I'd love that!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

Even if they have to type "Because Phuck You, that's why!!", at least make'm work for it!!
jester.gif

I rarely use the dislike/disagree button. Typically when I disagree with someone, I will quote them and respond with my reasons why rather than actually click the disagree. I only use the Disagree/Dislike when someone is pretty rude or is trying to incite a negative response

However I do wish there was a way to find out who has you on ignore so that you can return the favor and not see their posts, as it can seriously waste your time if you try to reply to them..unless im completely wrong and you can't see someones posts who has you on ignore

Huh...who would do that... Aren't we all adults here. Come on kids, we are an internet family, spread the love, not the hate...

I rarely use the dislike/disagree button. Typically when I disagree with someone, I will quote them and respond with my reasons why rather than actually click the disagree. I only use the Disagree/Dislike when someone is pretty rude or is trying to incite a negative response

However I do wish there was a way to find out who has you on ignore so that you can return the favor and not see their posts, as it can seriously waste your time if you try to reply to them..unless im completely wrong and you can't see someones posts who has you on ignore

This reminds me. Anyone here with the appropriate experience is more than welcome to develop a greasemonkey script to allow for Total Ignore availability on Xenforo.

WTF Ian??????

I just lost lost like 2/3 of my dislikes and I was leading the league in them? I don't think you realize just how much hard work went into attaining them? ************ Ian, the year is almost over and you deal me a setback like this?

Oh well, what is done is done, I will just DO MY JOB and it will all work out in the end.

i have a serious question. Why is it a problem if someone dislikes posts a lot? There are a lot of, lets call them them "not so smart people," around here. if one or many of these people are posting a lot, and someone sees their posts, well theoretically there should be a lot of dislikes or disagrees....if the posts are not up to par

i have received 25 dislikes or disagrees or whatever...i dont care..this just helps me keeps tabs. now i just know there are approximately 25 people who are consistently wrong...lol

So who was the abuser??
There were quite a few, although in some cases it was mutual. But fortunately I've taken care of the bulk of it so it's more or less over with.

i have a serious question. Why is it a problem if someone dislikes posts a lot?

It's not a problem at all. It's the dislike and then the anger of going back through of finding that same user's profile and then hitting it on the last 10-20 posts just because someone is irritated. That's just silly behavior, and hopefully we're done seeing that here but I'll definitely see it now moving forward.

There were quite a few, although in some cases it was mutual. But fortunately I've taken care of the bulk of it so it's more or less over with.

It's not a problem at all. It's the dislike and then the anger of going back through of finding that same user's profile and then hitting it on the last 10-20 posts just because someone is irritated. That's just silly behavior, and hopefully we're done seeing that here but I'll definitely see it now moving forward.

TBH, I don't really care if someone where to do that because I don't really care if my rating is high or low.

Who cares about this kind of stuff? lol.

If someone wanted to go back and click disagree on my past posts, wouldn't that help out the # of clicks for this site?

i have a serious question. Why is it a problem if someone dislikes posts a lot? There are a lot of, lets call them them "not so smart people," around here. if one or many of these people are posting a lot, and someone sees their posts, well theoretically there should be a lot of dislikes or disagrees....if the posts are not up to par

i have received 25 dislikes or disagrees or whatever...i dont care..this just helps me keeps tabs. now i just know there are approximately 25 people who are consistently wrong...lol

Honestly I don't see the value in even having a disagree/dislike button

If you disagree with someone you should contribute and say why you disagree.. the disagree button is just sort of a lazy approach to that without contributing to the topic

Disagree
The Disagree button does not always mandate a response.
If one or more others have posted prior reasons that clearly delineate why I strongly disagree with a post I see NO value add by my posting an inane ME TOO post.

Thats true, I guess i never really thought of that. Even if I do disagree with a post, I usually just respond without using the button

We often have very immature indidivuals that "Disagree" with certain posters they don't like. To me, that's what children do.

And we also have many posters that actually believe they're wicked smart about football. I think we call that arrogance. I don't dislike many posts because even what I'd consider a stupid post just doesn't bother me. This is a light-hearted football board, not a center for intellectual thought leaders.

I appreciate everyone's help on this and I don't want this thread to be more than it is as it's been.

So with that said, I'll shut this down and we're on to Philadelphia :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand