NOTICE: Ratings Abuse - Knock it off, Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I've written a script tonight that created a report to look at the abuse regarding the negative ratings after multiple complaints and have noticed a few users that are abusing it badly, which includes racking up a lot of negative totals toward other users. I can now see exactly who you're unloading on and it needs to stop.

I'll be reversing these over the next couple of days and have over a dozen people who are involved in this practice and am going to have to set aside time to go through and manually write queries to delete them as it will require essentially over 50 queries to clear them all out, as well as run the function to recalculate them.

I think most of us are over the age of 18 on here so I'd like to think we're above that kind of behavior. I'm going to be running this report now each night to see how many negative ratings are handed out by certain individuals (and you know who you are, so consider this your one "get out of jail free card" to change your behavior) and it also shows me who you're apparently not getting along with by who you're slamming with those ratings, and if it continues I'll be revoking your ability to use them at all. For those being nailed by these people, don't retaliate as I'll see who is hitting you to begin with and will take care of it accordingly. If you retaliate, you're creating more work for me .

Needless to say, just stop it. If you disagree or dislike a post by someone, don't proceed to hit the next 10 because you're angry. If it's that bad and what the person says annoys you, put them on ignore and just move on. Because this is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
I've written a script tonight that created a report to look at the abuse regarding the negative ratings after multiple complaints and have noticed a few users that are abusing it badly, which includes racking up a lot of negative totals toward other users. I can now see exactly who you're unloading on and it needs to stop.

I'll be reversing these over the next couple of days and have over a dozen people who are involved in this practice and am going to have to set aside time to go through and manually write queries to delete them as it will require essentially over 50 queries to clear them all out, as well as run the function to recalculate them.

I think most of us are over the age of 18 on here so I'd like to think we're above that kind of behavior. I'm going to be running this report now each night to see how many negative ratings are handed out by certain individuals (and you know who you are, so consider this your one "get out of jail free card" to change your behavior) and it also shows me who you're apparently not getting along with by who you're slamming with those ratings, and if it continues I'll be revoking your ability to use them at all. For those being nailed by these people, don't retaliate as I'll see who is and will take care of it accordingly. If you retaliate, you're creating more work for me .

Needless to say, just stop it. If you disagree or dislike a post by someone, don't proceed to hit the next 10 because you're angry. If it's that bad and what the person says annoys you, put them on ignore and just move on. Because this is just ridiculous.

I was going to dislike this but .........JK...

Food for thought. I think some use dislike as an opinion rating and not as a negative rating if that makes sense. They use it as a conversational tool rather than an insult.

Question: Is disagree a negative rating? I thought it was neutral and dislike was the only negative rating.
Thanks Ian.

You thought disagree was neutral? o_O

I was going to dislike this but .........JK...

Food for thought. I think some use dislike as an opinion rating and not as a negative rating if that makes sense. They use it as a conversational tool rather than an insult.

Question: Is disagree a negative rating? I thought it was neutral and dislike was the only negative rating.
Thanks Ian.
Disagree is a neutral rating (the black center column), dislike is a negative rating (the red far-right column). Both have been in place since the inception of the changeover on this software, but only recently has it started really becoming a problem where people are going crazy with it. It's O.K. to use either and I've obviously had my share of both as well, but to see it hit that many times in one day by certain people toward individual users is just ridiculous.

I can't believe grown ass adults care about this ****.
It is a little silly. It's more seeing the people who went ahead and started hitting it over and over on one person that was a little disturbing. There are over 500,000 ratings in that table so I've never really looked at them, save for a couple of occasions where this has come up. But seeing the report from the last 24 hours was both surprising and disappointing to say the least.

Nnnnng my good will towards Ian iswarring with my childish need to dislike everything in this thread cause it'd be funny. To me only. Probably.
LOL, I obviously get how that would be. But yeah...don't do that :cool:

Waiting for someone to throw you a dislike on your OP, Ian.. :cool: :D
It'll happen, and I'm O.K. with that. As long as they don't head off and dislike my last 15-20 posts, which seems to be the trend right now. :rolleyes:

Ian - the "King of Dislikes" is questioning your authority........ban his ass.

He once threatened to kick my ass. hahaha

I ask this with no disrespect, but a great deal of curiousity:

What happened in the last 24 hours that was different from what was going on before?

Edit: Never mind. My eyes had jumped off the first sentence of the O.P.. Watching 10 screens for news at 12:45 am is not helping my reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes