PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notice how MNF, Gruden, Dilfer showed the Pats are different..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no one thought early in the game, when Brady got slight pressure up the middle, where he just throws it a mile away from Branch, and got called for intentional grounding was absurd?

You're right. He should've coolly thrown it up for grabs.

Rather than running away from the rush in panic as the Dead Newman claims, Brady's biggest errors last night were more the opposite, waiting too long w/o throwing the ball away. Usually he has that timer thing going and to the uninitiated throws a ball to nowhere as he just tosses the ball away to avoid a sack. Couple times last night like with the fumble he waited too long. Brady is human.

Ok, when I get out of work, drive home and finish my meal I will give you a free football lesson. I'll write more in one post about football than you ever knew existed and will point out line by line why not only are you barking up a tree you can't see the top of but categorically wrong in every sense of the word. You're new around here and have no idea what people know nor how much they do. I look forward to humbling you.

It's impossible to humble a rats fan, i don't usually label detractors rats fans but this guys a joke.

Brady's been doing great at adjusting to defenses as the game progresses. He may not be 110% but it's good enough to put us at a #1 seed holding the #2 QB leader spot in the league.

moon unit just wants to evaluate the 1st quarter of the games he played bad and forget about the 1st quarters of games he played great.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but what Dilfer said was true. Honestly, there was some truth to what both Gruden and Dilfer said.

Yes, the collection of this 'no name' defense, that's able to at times make the big plays is really a praise to Bill Belichick, and what a great coach he is.

However, let's be real clear. The Patriots were suppose to crush the Chiefs. Their QB has been cut form numerous different leagues, and this was his very first start. And at times, he was having his way.

This defense is going to get shredded like before once they play against good to great QB's.

There are a lot of concerns for the Patriots. It was nice they got the win, despite Brady looking downright terrible to me last night. He had a lot of guys bail him out, but he himself looked horrible. It is GOOD that the Pats were able to win despite Brady, but let's look at the opponent.

I'm really worried about Brady, and that's something I thought I'd never say. I don't know if he's hurt, or what, but he looks off. Outside the Jets game he's been looking pretty average, to bad for consecutive weeks.

If Brady can't start playing like the Tom Brady we know, then this team is going to have a lot of problems going forward.

The Patriots overall didn't look that impressive last night despite the score. If they play like they did next week, don't expect the same result. The Eagles looked really good, and that could be a letdown for the Pats.

I completely agree....and for the jets game, he only woke up for the 2nd half or so

Tom Brady lead the winning drive vs the Cowboys after being pressured all game then did it against the Giants. Destroyed Rex Ryan's "blueprint" twice

Fluky tipped picks does not mean Brady is in decline.

Oh yeah, tell me exactly where I'm wrong. Seriously.

I can point out exactly what is wrong with Brady. No one sits there and denies that. They just sit there and say I'm wrong, but never on specifics.

So I guess it was just my imagination when the Chiefs were bringing a little pressure, and Brady looked quite erratic. Okay, sure, some of those plays were not his fault and just bad blocking. Some he clearly just panicked, and made irrational decisions. Chiefs didn't do anything that special. They just weren't allowing Brady to spit back for 5 seconds, while he picks them apart.

Hell, if you guys don't want to believe me when I say it. Just listen to Jaws. He said the EXACT same thing I'm saying last night. And there's no secret, no one slurps up Brady like Jaws does.

Teams are really figuring out how to get to Brady. It's a concern. A legit one!

Yeah, it was your imagination......or you ya going to believe? us or your lie'n eyes?

You even have the Douche schooling you on this thread, that's bad. Very bad.

Here's a hint. Not every offense drive ends in a TD. Look what happened after the first four drives, that's a good clue.

I'm sorry, but what Dilfer said was true. Honestly, there was some truth to what both Gruden and Dilfer said.

Yes, the collection of this 'no name' defense, that's able to at times make the big plays is really a praise to Bill Belichick, and what a great coach he is.

However, let's be real clear. The Patriots were suppose to crush the Chiefs. Their QB has been cut form numerous different leagues, and this was his very first start. And at times, he was having his way.

This defense is going to get shredded like before once they play against good to great QB's.

There are a lot of concerns for the Patriots. It was nice they got the win, despite Brady looking downright terrible to me last night. He had a lot of guys bail him out, but he himself looked horrible. It is GOOD that the Pats were able to win despite Brady, but let's look at the opponent.

I'm really worried about Brady, and that's something I thought I'd never say. I don't know if he's hurt, or what, but he looks off. Outside the Jets game he's been looking pretty average, to bad for consecutive weeks.

If Brady can't start playing like the Tom Brady we know, then this team is going to have a lot of problems going forward.

The Patriots overall didn't look that impressive last night despite the score. If they play like they did next week, don't expect the same result. The Eagles looked really good, and that could be a letdown for the Pats.

I usually am pretty magnanimous here, but this post stinks. I smell something green.

I completely agree....and for the jets game, he only woke up for the 2nd half or so

Thank you, some reasoning finally!

I don't know how anyone can seriously say Brady looked good last night.

I say this out of concern, not to gloat, or to rip on Brady. I know he's capable of playing much better than this, but I've not seen much of it as of late.

Some of it might be that he's hurt, but I don't know how to explain his lack of poise in the pocket as of late. It's just bizarre to seem him like this. I seem hurrying throws at times, and yes, I agree, at times he does hold onto the ball too long.

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, and goes out there and just totally owns it. In fact, I'm waiting for him to do that! I hope he does.

If Brady plays like he did last night the rest of the way, the Patriots are in some serious trouble.

I'm really curious to see how he plays against the Eagles. That will be a huge challenge. They looked awfully good against the Giants, and were collapsing on the pocket fast.

Brady needs to snap out of this little funk of his fast, otherwise things won't look very pretty next Sunday.

Deus, its not bashing. It's a legit concern is all.

No, it's not.

Why can't it be justified concern?

Because it has no basis in any reality beyond the warped expectations of an individual coming off of an all-time type of year like he had in 2010.

By the way, did I NOT say Brady would have his best game of the season last week against the Jets? Now, why would I say such a thing if I'm nothing but a Brady hater?

We've already gone over this.

I told you don't ever bet against Brady when he's down in the dumps. And I've said it NUMEROUS of times, the Patriots offense matches up so well against the Jets. They did EXACTLY what I said they'd do, attack the middle of the field. Spread guys out.

They did what pretty much everyone said they would. It wasn't about matchups. It was about execution.

Something is off with Brady. I've sensed it for weeks now. I don't think it is just his injury alone, unless it is much more serious than we thought.

Yes, we've gone over the "damaged goods" crap already. Stop pretending you haven't already been exposed.

Brady is in a mental drought. He for some reason doesn't feel as comfortable in the pocket.

Brady's been fine in the pocket, as has been pointed out to you time and again.

I don't know why that is so outrageous for me to point this out, especially when it is so obvious!!

Because the only thing that's obvious is that your argument is incorrect and based upon either trolling or a complete failure of understanding what you're seeing.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was your imagination......or you ya going to believe? us or your lie'n eyes?

You even have the Douche schooling you on this thread, that's bad. Very bad.

Here's a hint. Not every offense drive ends in a TD. Look what happened after the first four drives, that's a good clue.

Nice try. Too bad Jaws pointed out exactly what I'm saying.

I'm sure you're going to tell me a professional QB like him has no clue what he's talking about, too. :rolleyes:

P_N is correct, Brady is not the same as last year....

i dont know what it is, but Brady really is NOT Brady right now....and any stats can be used, im just going by the way I see a player play the game, as compared to seeing him play it for the past decade

Brady is still above average, but right now he is NOT other-wordly...which is not being Brady

P_N is correct, Brady is not the same as last year....

i dont know what it is, but Brady really is NOT Brady right now....and any stats can be used, im just going by the way I see a player play the game, as compared to seeing him play it for the past decade

Brady is still above average, but right now he is NOT other-wordly...which is not being Brady

He's not correct, and only a fool would have expected a repeat of last season. Last season was one of the best seasons in the history of NFL quarterbacks. Don't fall for the false comparison of "He's not what he was last year, therefore he's just "above average" or, as P-N has said washed up and damaged goods.

Brady is

#2 in QB rating
#3 in completion percentage
#2 in yards
#3 in avg
#2 in TDs
#2 in gains of 20 yards or more

The only area where he's had a big 'decline' is in interceptions, which was to be expected coming off an amazing 4 pick season last year.

Last edited:
Are rats fans really sneaky enough to pose as fans for a few weeks to gain ppl's confidence?

I'm still a noob in this area after 10 months here and don't want to unjustly label ppl:confused:

I think it's pretty clear to any objective observer that Brady IS in decline...

...is what I expect to be saying in about 7 or 8 years. :D

I was a little surprised that Dilfer took this angle because that's falling into the 'who are their stars' trap. Don't get me wrong, I can certainly understand his skepticism with the defense; it's just that his reasoning for coming to that conclusion that leaves me scratching my head. All one has to do is compare the number of big name players and the number of wins that the 49ers have in comparison to the Eagles to see that is irrelevant.

I've been hearing opposing fans say something similar about the Pats for eleven straight years, yet the team keeps winning. I would have thought that a seemingly very intelligent and analytical person such as Dilfer would have figured out by now that it is about building a team, and not just collecting talent.

Trent Dilfer ought to lay off the embalming fluid during the game. He is the definition of a stiff who benefited by being put on a great team. The Ravens were certainly not collecting talent when they made Trent Dilfer their QB in 2000. As a previous poster put it so poetically, "Dilfer can suck it."

Last edited:

You're missing the BIG picture!

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 OFFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

So you're trying to tell me Brady is doing a stellar job handling pressure in the pocket?

Oh gosh the bias New England homers are really in delusion land today.

The Chiefs defense did a great job of pressuring the pocket last night. Hats off to Romeo Crennel. We knew he'd have a good game plan for the Patriots.

It is not Brady's job to counter that alone. Belichick and O'Brien responded with a ground game that gashed the blitz for 157 yards on 35 carries featuring three very different running backs in BJGE, Vareen and Woodhead.

Most impressive to me was putting Solder in as an eligible receiver with Gronk in motion leading the way on some runs where they had Vollmer, Gronkowski and Solder sweeping upfield with a flea like Woodhead darting around behind 1,000 pounds of 6'6" or taller big young nasties, while Mankins was off somewhere laying the wood to a Chief who obviously is underpaid.

I agree with the people saying Brady is "off"

I know statistically he is having a great season, and he's still a top Qb in the game, but he's missed some throws, and made more than his usual share of head scratching decision.

Thankfully because he's Tom Brady, I am confident he will correct this, heal his arm, and be back to his truly mind bogglingly dominant self soon.

As a counterpoint, have you noticed that Ron Borges was very complimentary of the Pats defensive performance last night. Who says a leopard can't change his stripes?

Don't get suckered in. There will be another shoe.

Hey, wait a minute. Why were you wasting your time on Borges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News