PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notice how MNF, Gruden, Dilfer showed the Pats are different..

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Why is it that anytime someone brings some perspective, they get labeled a Jets fan? :D

Seriously, that is well overplayed by now. If fan boys who are nothing but cheerleaders can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen. This is a message board, not a fan club.

I'm just stating what I see. What did Dilfer say that was so outrageous? He has every right in the world to be a skeptic. I'm sorry, pounding the Chiefs 34-3, without Cassel, and some guy that was hopping from league to league his entire career is not enough to make anyone a believer.

The Patriots played some very sloppy football last night! Yes, they finally got it together and got the win. If they were going against a much better opponent, I think they would have had the doors blown off them to be honest.

You can say that's all that matters in the end they got the win, fine, great. I'm happy.

Truth of the matter is there are some serious problems, and concerns moving forward. If your entire goal is to beat up on teams like the Chiefs. Then this is a success.

However, if you have a much bigger goal at stake, then I see some serious issues with this team.

This defense is not enough to make anyone a believer. There were numerous of blown coverages, and gaping holes in the passing game. Where a much experienced, and better QB would have exploited. Panko just made a lot of dumb mistakes, like throwing into triple coverage.

This defense is playing as well as it can. And sure I take my hat off to Bill, and the guys that are buying into what he's selling. If anyone honestly thinks they're prime for a SB run, then you're seriously going to be disappointed.

And really the defense is not what has me the most worried right now. Surprisingly it is the offense, and this "funk" Brady obviously still seems to be in. I thought maybe he snapped out of it last week. But he didn't. Again he looked overwhelmed with the blitz, he was getting anxiety attacks from the pocket collapsing on him. What was with the intentional grounding? Are you kidding. A guy comes near him, he just panics and throws it away right away. I mean, WTF! I think he had time to wait a split second, and deliver a strike to Branch. And he is looking surprisingly inaccurate, again.

Maybe he's hurt! I don't know what it is, but he looked so awful last night. Even the positive plays he did make were just bail out plays from Gronk and co.

If Brady is going to have a lot more games like this going forward, the Pats have no prayer. It's something to be worried about. One or two bad games is no biggie. It's not just bad play, it's just quite obvious something is seriously off with him right now.

It's not perspective. That's the problem.

This what happens when people don't look at the score.....because the score doesn't matter.

Last edited:
3266 65.4 25 10 102.5

Cut him.

So we've come to the point where we're just going to judge Brady on stats.

How sad we've come to that.

Okay, let's all just pretend nothing is wrong with our Tommy Boy. Sing kumbaya together.

We'll see next week, which honestly, I fear the Pats could get smoked badly. That Eagles defense is getting better, and better, and really coming hard after the QB. I hope Tommy Boy is ready for it.

Okay, let's all just pretend nothing is wrong with our Tommy Boy. Sing kumbaya together.

We'll see next week, which honestly, I fear the Pats could get smoked badly. That Eagles defense is getting better, and better, and really coming hard after the QB. I hope Tommy Boy is ready for it.

You're really back to bashing Brady again? Are you Bridget Moynihan's mom, or something?

No, I'm judging on stats, eyeballs, and a plane of reality that you're apparently not on.

No, I'm judging on stats, eyeballs, and a plane of reality that you're apparently not on.

So you're trying to tell me Brady is doing a stellar job handling pressure in the pocket?

Oh gosh the bias New England homers are really in delusion land today.

So you're trying to tell me Brady is doing a stellar job handling pressure in the pocket?

Did you somehow not see him handle the pressure well enough to throw a TD to Gronk which effectively ended the game in favor of the Patriots?

Last edited:
Second, noticed how Gruden & Jaws kept marveling at the many role players on the Pats. Of course our now famous collection of "no-Name Defense" made up of other teams rejects, undrafted agents drew substantial comment. Gruden noted that Merriweather and Sanders were cut before the season and now the Pats had Adams, Molden and Moore. All commentators sounded like they were shaking their heads that the defense was playing as well as it has.
Ron Borges has coined a good name for the NE defense - "The Who"

It fits. Molden. Who? Love. Who? Arrington. Who? Nobody knows who these guys are.

Offensively we had 14 TD points....21 if you add garbage time.
The truth is that we are yet to prove we can beat a great team. I hope the defense would continue to get better because Brady isn't playing like the Brady we know.
This win was good but I really wasn't impressed with Brady.

Complementary football...Offense, defense, special teams. Who cares where the points come from. God you can't have everything every week.

In 2007 you'd be complaining that the offense was scoring too much and that the defense didn't score enough.

I wouldn't call it homerism so much as it is knowing what they're looking at. You can scream as loud as you'd like but it doesn't negate the fact that you are plainly wrong. That is a fact.

lol

Why is it that anytime someone brings some perspective, they get labeled a Jets fan? :D

Seriously, that is well overplayed by now. If fan boys who are nothing but cheerleaders can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen. This is a message board, not a fan club.

The Patriots played some very sloppy football last night! Yes, they finally got

You just joined this month how do you know what's overplayed on these threads?

Brady was bailed out by the 2 dropped TD's and 1 taken back because of an idiotic penalty, nice bail out crew.

Give it up rats fan

You're really back to bashing Brady again? Are you Bridget Moynihan's mom, or something?

Deus, its not bashing. It's a legit concern is all. Why can't it be justified concern?

By the way, did I NOT say Brady would have his best game of the season last week against the Jets? Now, why would I say such a thing if I'm nothing but a Brady hater?

I told you don't ever bet against Brady when he's down in the dumps. And I've said it NUMEROUS of times, the Patriots offense matches up so well against the Jets. They did EXACTLY what I said they'd do, attack the middle of the field. Spread guys out.

Something is off with Brady. I've sensed it for weeks now. I don't think it is just his injury alone, unless it is much more serious than we thought.

Brady is in a mental drought. He for some reason doesn't feel as comfortable in the pocket.

I don't know why that is so outrageous for me to point this out, especially when it is so obvious!!

Last edited:

Yes I am saying he handles it well look at other Qbs they throw a lot more picks under pressure they get happy feet and run away faster then Brady and Brady knows when to take the sack and when to make a move so you tell me what you define as a "stellar" job handling the pressure

I don't know why that is so outrageous for me to point this out, especially when it is so obvious!!

The problem is that you are screaming that the ground is wet while stomping up and down. What you don't understand is that the ground is wet because moisture formed hundreds of miles away and lead a warm front into town. This in turn caused this thing called rain, which is held in clouds and falls from the sky, ultimately making the ground wet. You are angry that the ground is wet yet don't know the factors that contribute to the observation.

Brady is playing well, some throws are sailing which is clearly injury related, but in general he is playing extremely well. Most of the issues you think you're seeing are functions of offensive efficiency and combines everything from tackle/back pressure exchange through a receivers ability to get off of the line. Yet you're pounding the table being pissed off at Brady. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but all are entitled to knowledge as well.

I wouldn't call it homerism so much as it is knowing what they're looking at. You can scream as loud as you'd like but it doesn't negate the fact that you are plainly wrong. That is a fact.

Oh yeah, tell me exactly where I'm wrong. Seriously.

I can point out exactly what is wrong with Brady. No one sits there and denies that. They just sit there and say I'm wrong, but never on specifics.

So I guess it was just my imagination when the Chiefs were bringing a little pressure, and Brady looked quite erratic. Okay, sure, some of those plays were not his fault and just bad blocking. Some he clearly just panicked, and made irrational decisions. Chiefs didn't do anything that special. They just weren't allowing Brady to spit back for 5 seconds, while he picks them apart.

Hell, if you guys don't want to believe me when I say it. Just listen to Jaws. He said the EXACT same thing I'm saying last night. And there's no secret, no one slurps up Brady like Jaws does.

Teams are really figuring out how to get to Brady. It's a concern. A legit one!

Last edited:
Something is off with Brady. I've sensed it for weeks now. I don't think it is just his injury alone, unless it is much more serious than we thought.

Brady is in a mental drought. He for some reason doesn't feel as comfortable in the pocket.

Sweet. We have our very own TFB Whisperer.

I can point out exactly what is wrong Brady. No one sits there and denies that. They just sit there and say I'm wrong, but never on specifics.

So I guess it was just my imagination when the Chiefs were bringing a little pressure, and Brady looked quite erratic. Okay, sure, some of those plays was not his fault and just bad blocking. Some he clearly just panicked, and made irrational decisions.

Hell, if you guys don't want to believe me when I say it. Just listen to Jaws. He said the EXACT same thing I'm saying last night. And there's no secret, no one slurps up Brady like Jaws does.

Yea? I can point out too, elbow tendinitis.

I can point out exactly what is wrong with Brady. No one sits there and denies that. They just sit there and say I'm wrong, but never on specifics.

So I guess it was just my imagination when the Chiefs were bringing a little pressure, and Brady looked quite erratic. Okay, sure, some of those plays were not his fault and just bad blocking. Some he clearly just panicked, and made irrational decisions. Chiefs didn't do anything that special. They just weren't allowing Brady to spit back for 5 seconds, while he picks them apart.

Hey Rat fan GFY & DIAF

Belichick has to be responsible for this. He brought him in, and Ocho, and both have been worthless.

I think this goes to prove that Belichick is starting to make irrational decisions, without much thought to them as of late.

Someone needs to step in and run the football operations, because Belichick has done an awful job.

He's a great coach, but he needs to step away from the GM role. It's not worked out the last three years.

Ok, when I get out of work, drive home and finish my meal I will give you a free football lesson. I'll write more in one post about football than you ever knew existed and will point out line by line why not only are you barking up a tree you can't see the top of but categorically wrong in every sense of the word. You're new around here and have no idea what people know nor how much they do. I look forward to humbling you.

Yes I am saying he handles it well look at other Qbs they throw a lot more picks under pressure they get happy feet and run away faster then Brady and Brady knows when to take the sack and when to make a move so you tell me what you define as a "stellar" job handling the pressure

Brady has thrown quite a few picks under pressure this season! He's had quite a few "close calls" as well.

He's done a stellar job, compared to most QB's. I'm not talking about most QB's. I'm talking about what Tom Brady does well for Tom Brady standards. Why would I care how he's doing compared to other QB's? That's absurd, he's suppose to be so much better than that anyways.

So no one thought early in the game, when Brady got slight pressure up the middle, where he just throws it a mile away from Branch, and got called for intentional grounding was absurd?

He just completely panicked, as if he never seen a blitz before and just throws it away for no real reason. That's just a slight example of what I'm talking about. Those are things I've never seen Brady do before.

I've never seen a QB so calm, and cool when receiving pressure. But I'm not seeing that same guy this year.

Brady has thrown quite a few picks under pressure this season! He's had quite a few "close calls" as well.

He's done a stellar job, compared to most QB's. I'm not talking about most QB's. I'm talking about what Tom Brady does well for Tom Brady standards. Why would I care how he's doing compared to other QB's? That's absurd, he's suppose to be so much better than that anyways.

So no one thought early in the game, when Brady got slight pressure up the middle, where he just throws it a mile away from Branch, and got called for intentional grounding was absurd?

He just completely panicked, as if he never seen a blitz before and just throws it away for no real reason. That's just a slight example of what I'm talking about. Those are things I've never seen Brady do before.

I've never seen a QB so calm, and cool when receiving pressure. But I'm not seeing that same guy this year.

You're an ignorant troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back