PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just told ATL who owns this division :)

Conrats on the victory, i can't believe smith went for it on his OWN thirty or so yard line. :confused:

Wow, Philadelphia burning

These guys love every loss by Vick and the Eagles as seen below when the Cards scored the winning TD

d206.jpg

Conrats on the victory, i can't believe smith went for it on his OWN thirty or so yard line. :confused:

I agree with the decision to go for it in that situation but the play call was awful. I will never understand the "4th and inches-bunch everybody up-and run it up the gut with your tailback who is 7 yards deep" mentality of a coach.

Thanks reflex, :) nice of you. Smith is a good coach, but prone to bad play calling. We got lucky he went for it. His defense was stuffing us, its a pretty bad call

6 passing attempts is not a modern offence!

And somehow the Donkeys are winning! Stack 8 in the box, and make Tebow beat you through the air! I cannot see that happening!

Is Tebow really that bad that the coach doesn't trust him, or is the coach just a nutter?

Great hold by the NO d-line. Good football. Congrats on the win.

Thanks Frezo :) It was a really good game. Now go kick some butt we are routing for you guys!!!

They are very similar. In fact I think ours was worse since we had a lead.

Thank god you have no say on any NFL teams offensive play calling.

Going for it on 4th with a 4 point lead is somehow worse than going for it on 4th down, in overtime, in field goal range?

One scenario forces a team to drive roughly 30 yards for a TD, which unless I'm mistaken, is usually a lot more difficult than running once to get the ball where your kicker likes it and then running him onto the field for an instant win.

I may be wrong.

So this SF/NYG game is for the #2 seed in the NFC prob!

edit: Well the Giants have a heck of a schedule, so never mind!

Last edited:
Thank god you have no say on any NFL teams offensive play calling.

Going for it on 4th with a 4 point lead is somehow worse than going for it on 4th down, in overtime, in field goal range?

One scenario forces a team to drive roughly 30 yards for a TD, which unless I'm mistaken, is usually a lot more difficult than running once to get the ball where your kicker likes it and then running him onto the field for an instant win.

I may be wrong.

Don't want to rehash this, lets leave it as that. I think from playing not to lose angle for the most part.

Nevermind, I am wrong.

Last edited:
How could our situation be worse? we were up by more than a field goal, so they had to score a touchdown to win otherwise they would lose. Here, Atlanta just gave New Orleans a makeable field goal with the game tied in overtime...
There was also 10:50 left too, so it wasn't like the Falcons couldn't get the ball back. Brutal.

There was also 10:50 left too, so it wasn't like the Falcons couldn't get the ball back. Brutal.

It was OT, not the 4th quarter, time left is 100% irrelevant unless NO misses the FG, their kicker hadn't missed from inside the 30 since 1997 they said on the broadcast.

Brandon jacobs is a goal line back only and he's barely that. Guy is trash. I love the 49'ers D tho. Wish we played like them. Can't believe we didn't try and sign Carlos Rogers he is playing great for them.

Last edited:
These guys love every loss by Vick and the Eagles as seen below when the Cards scored the winning TD

d206.jpg

So much for the mediot crowned Dream Team

Why fans here read and react seriously to NFL pundits, I'll never know.

NFW I'm watching Pats pre-game commentary tonight

So much for the mediot crowned Dream Team

Why fans here read and react seriously to NFL pundits, I'll never know.

NFW I'm watching Pats pre-game commentary tonight

I believe it was a "self" proclamation by the backup QB.

It was OT, not the 4th quarter, time left is 100% irrelevant unless NO misses the FG, their kicker hadn't missed from inside the 30 since 1997 they said on the broadcast.

It was just a bad call, Smith is prone to do that. As a coach he makes a lot of play decisions based off the other teams ability to score , and thats valid to a certain extent. But, when your stuffing and your defense is doing a good job stopping a offense in the game you are playing, you can't make calls based on a offenses past games. BB's call to go for it vs the Colts on 4th was based on the defense performance in that game, not what the Colts did in the past, so its a good call.
Smiths call was not a good call. I think, but Im 1/2 in the bag , so what do I know,lol

Last edited:
Yes I know, I was agreeing with you. I'm just saying it wasn't like the Falcons couldn't get the ball back later in the overtime. There was plenty of time remaining.

Yes I know, I was agreeing with you. I'm just saying it wasn't like the Falcons couldn't get the ball back later in the overtime. There was plenty of time remaining.

If the ball was anywhere else, I'd agree. They turned it over on downs already inside of Saints FG range, there was nothing for them to stop, just a chance to block a kick, the odds of your defense forcing a stop are quite a bit higher than blocking a game winning FG.

Devin Hester aye... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday