PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Sports Channel dissifies Richard Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have known. The only articles I automatically write off are Bleacher Report stories. They are consistently awful.

Bleacher Report? Some coot from here used to post there ranting about how bad the Patriots OCs were.

That website looks like a complete rip-off of ESPN's website. Click on their front page.

Yeah, it's a wordpress theme. He made no changes to it, and is using it incorrectly.

Because it's a rip-off of the old ESPN, it pretty damned childish. Definitely not professional. Amateur writing as well.

Seymour is great when healthy, injured too often, and therefore overall has been overpaid on his current contract.

Seymour is great when healthy, injured too often, and therefore overall has been overpaid on his current contract.

I think injuries have robbed Seymour of his explosiveness and we probably will never see the Seymour of old again.

He is not a coverage guy. He struggles to stay with receivers and finds himself out of place too often.

what in the hell?

I think injuries have robbed Seymour of his explosiveness and we probably will never see the Seymour of old again.

At the beggining of 2008, I agreed with you. Last year, IMO, was the best year of his career. He was utterly dominant.

He has played the following in 8 yrs: (not in any order)

16 games
16 games
15 games
15 games
15 games
13 games
12 games
09 games

A couple of those seasons he was held out at the end for playoff purposes, so he missed a game. Basically the ONLY season he was really hurt was the one in '07, when he was PUP'ed, and they were extremely cautious with their #6th overall pick.

Your analysis is unfair as he has played a total of 85% of his games--94 out of a possible 111

If you need any other reasons as to his importance of the team, I have listed at least 6 or 7 a few pages earlier in this thread

Based on what? How many significant injuries has he had in his career? Yeah, one.

Apparently nowadays 3-4 DEs can get 8 sacks and be double-teamed on every play even if they don't have any explosiveness.

16 games
16 games
15 games
15 games
15 games
13 games
12 games
09 games

A couple of those seasons he was held out at the end for playoff purposes, so he missed a game. Basically the ONLY season he was really hurt was the one in '07, when he was PUP'ed, and they were extremely cautious with their #6th overall pick.

Your analysis is unfair as he has played a total of 85% of his games--94 out of a possible 111

If you need any other reasons as to his importance of the team, I have listed at least 6 or 7 a few pages earlier in this thread

Actually check those numbers, I knew he missed a total of 17 games but got the total number of games wrong. It should read that he played in 111 out of 128 possible games--which would make his total even higher--almost 90% (87%)

Anyway, you get the point

Last edited:
I'm a Seymour supporter and hope he can stay with the Pats for several more years, but I am not so confident on him being resigned after his contract is up this year. I think most people agree on here that Wilfork is a priority over Big Sey and I would imagine that Seymour is looking at a Haynesworth type contract(meaning that he'll want to be paid as one of the top DE's in the league, not necessarily the ridiculous $$$ that Wash. gave him). I believe that this year is definitely a changing of the guard for this D and hope that Seymour plays for that big contract thus proving ***hats like this writer wrong and propping up the D-line for a huge year.

Last edited:

16 games
16 games
15 games
15 games
15 games
13 games
12 games
09 games

I want to correct some things.

Seymour has actually played in the following:

2001 - 16 games (including 3 play-off games) Missed game 1 of the season because of being a rookie and missed 2 others for minor injuries.
2002 - 16 games
2003 - 18 games (including 3 play-off games) Held out due to coach's decision
2004 - 18 games (including 3 play-off games) Held out due to coach's decision
2005 - 14 games (including 2 play-off games) Injury
2006 - 19 games (including 3 play-off games)
2007 - 12 games (including 3 play-off games) Injury
2008 - 15 games - Held out due to coach's decision

I tried to point that out to the guy, but he's not bright enough to understand that.

Yeah, thanks for that. I just included regular season games, but those are even more dominating.

His 8 sacks last year would seem to dispute that oh so clever comment. Especially considering his first responsibility is to stop the run and eat up blockers.

Don't bother. It's pretty clear that this guy doesn't have the slightest clue about how our defense works.

At the beggining of 2008, I agreed with you. Last year, IMO, was the best year of his career. He was utterly dominant.

I'd agree with that...in fact I thought Wilfork and Warren had pretty poor years compared to Seymour who was our best DL by far

By this do you mean the Seymour of 2008?

Exactly- I don't get how people can keep repeating the same old stuff about Seymour after 2008. He was the best player on the Pats' defense, IMO, and Wilfork was the only player who was even close to as important.

Wait....the guy is dissing Seymour becuase he's not a good coverage guy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST