PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Sports Channel dissifies Richard Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you do, they're not Patriots.

Hey I agree that they are overrated too, but I don't think everyone on the list is overrated even all the non-Patriots. The only argument that you can make for Sanders and Hall to not be overrated is that they are popular picks on overrated lists which would make them not as overrated.

I just like how he points out that Seymour struggles to stay with receivers. Thats one of my biggest crticisms of Wilfork and Warren, for some reason they just can't stay with the WR. :bricks:
Lets not forget wideouts aint the only receivers.

So, Seymour is some kind of " hybrid"?
That's a new one.

3-4 DE's don't often cover ANY receiver. It's just not part of their job. The guy's point had absolutely no value.
Ive seen Qbs including Brady used as receiver, but we already know he cant catch QBs dont we.

Ive seen Qbs including Brady used as receiver, but we already know he cant catch QBs dont we.

His 8 sacks last year would seem to dispute that oh so clever comment. Especially considering his first responsibility is to stop the run and eat up blockers.

haha this guy is a moron. i guess he doesnt understand how the 3-4 works

I think whoever this write is...he should spend less hours on Madden an dmore hours actually watching and undesrtanding REAL football...pure garbage...

The whole article is 80% based on stats, 10% based on health, and 10% based on using his eyes.

Lets not forget wideouts aint the only receivers.

WTF are you talking about? When's the last time you saw Seymour tasked to cover any receiver? WR, TE, RB? That just does not happen.

What the hell is nflsportchannel.com? It's painfully obvious they ripped off espn.com and got a domain name with NFL in it to make it look like a legit site. The "article" is about what I would expect from such a high class source, a complete joke from someone with the writting skills of a 15 year old who plays too much Madden.

Terrible article, and I'm not saying that because I'm in love with Seymour. There are so many things wrong with this:

1. He struggles in coverage? I didn't know Richard Seymour was covering receivers. I didn't know that defensive ends did that often in the NFL.

2. He's only played a complete season twice. While true, he played 15 games in two other seasons. He's also played 12 and 13 in two other seasons, respectively. The 2007 season withstanding, he hasn't missed much time at all. For a DE, a guy who is getting pushed around and ends up on the bottom of piles and 300 lbs. linemen, I'd say he's pretty durable.

3. The most sacks he's gotten in one season is 8 . . . TWICE. Again, for a DE in a 3-4, I'd say that's pretty impressive, especially last year when our DBs struggled in the passing game.

What an idiot!:enranged: Who is this guy? Is it Tom Jackson in disguise throwing more hate in the Pats' direction?

What the hell is nflsportchannel.com? It's painfully obvious they ripped off espn.com and got a domain name with NFL in it to make it look like a legit site. The "article" is about what I would expect from such a high class source, a complete joke from someone with the writting skills of a 15 year old who plays too much Madden.

I was actually thinking the same thing, as I've never heard of NFLSportschannel.com. He probably based his opinion of Richard Seymour from the way he plays in Madden. That's the only place where I could fathom Richard Seymour having to cover receivers.

Last edited:
This guy obviously doesn't realize that DE's in a 3-4 don't normally get sacks. Take a look around the NFL and you will see that most 3-4 DE's have a low sack total. In fact, it's extremely rare if a DE has more than 5 sacks. This guy is a complete moron! Seymour finally got healthy and posted 8 sacks as a 3-4 DE, which is really outstanding. In addition, there really wasn't any help from his LB's to apply pressure as well. So what does that tell you? Seymour is great when healthy. Also, I don't agree that Seymour is injured all the time. He gets nicked up every now and then, but it's not ridiculous like this guy thinks. Seymour suffered one bad injury that kept him out for 6 weeks. I have said this before and I will say it again, when the Pats get OLB's that can rush the passer, it will free up Seymour and he will really dominate. When your 3-4 DE is your only hope for a pass rush, it's kind of hard to be consistent.

I was going to say, that is flat out embarrassing. No wonder no one wanted to sign the article.

Uh, excuse me. Some teams play three linemen and some play four.

Might want to take a football tutorial before you write any more articles.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft