PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't the only one. I seem to be in a minority.
Tryout just means "Let's see what he can do".. And they might with his Uncle part of the organization.. Though they might not for that exact reason..

Tryout just means "Let's see what he can do".. And they might with his Uncle part of the organization.. Though they might not for that exact reason..

A fair distinction.

Matt Cassel released per Field Yates..

The ship on Red Bryant sailed years ago.. Unless they think he's a better fit than Branch, which I doubt..

I agree but he's been someone of interest to us hereabouts for the past couple of years so I thought I'd share.

The ship on Red Bryant sailed years ago.. Unless they think he's a better fit than Branch, which I doubt..
Bryant played well this pre-season for the Bills however.

Packers releasing a 2014 3rd and 4th round pick (Kyhri Thornton and Carl Bradford). The 49ers have none of their 2012 picks on the roster anymore.

Worth bearing in mind in any discussion about Ras-I and Bequette. It happens to them all.

Last edited:
Packers releasing a 2014 3rd and 4th round pick (Kyhri Thornton and Carl Bradford). The 49ers have none of their 2012 picks on the roster anymore.

Worth bearing in mind in any discussion about Ras-I and Bequeath. It happens to them all.
Reiss has said many times that the complaints about some of the moves BB has made is not something that only the Patriots are susceptible to in the league. LOL Fans, myself included at times, have tunnel vision and see everything in a vacuum. You tend to forget that other teams are trying to improve every bit as much as the Patriots and they will make some of the same mistakes and hit on some really good ones.

Red Bryant, if he takes the Vet Min., would be a suitable replacement for Branch, especially considering the money saved.

Damn was hoping Tebow would make it. I love how angry people get over him. Guy is just a great person but for some reason people can't stand him. Wish he had one more try to see how much longer his ugly ass play could win him games.

Because he's bad at football and gets 100x the coverage of people who are good at football.

COKAHzJUAAAhaSY.jpg

Weren't quite a few interested in Moffit, what's his story?
Looking at that list, I would give serious, serious consideration to:
Rasheed Bailey - D3 WR, but caught everything thrown his way in pre-season. Bigger than Harper too.
Najee Goode - young tackling machine, legit backup ILB.
John Moffitt - Gotta be better than Andrews.
Ed Reynolds - Legacy kid, legit backup SS

He should try playing for the CFL

He would do worse in the CFL than the NFL.

You have to make quick reads, and you have to be accurate in the CFL. Mobility is nice, but without the extra down, you have to complete passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST