PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcons are releasing LB Tyler Starr. Had a 6.64 3-cone at 250lbs and was worked out by the Pats. I could see him interesting BB.

I would pick him up, can you imagine our 3 TE sets in the redzone?

I'm not a fan personally although I haven't watched him in Detroit.

I'm not a fan personally although I haven't watched him in Detroit.

Well, I rarely have a draft binkie and don't trust my judgement much (still, I wasn't wrong about TY Hilton :)) but he more or less WAS the offense at UCLA -- throw it up and let JF catch it. Don't see why it wouldn't work in the pros.

COKAHzJUAAAhaSY.jpg

Weren't quite a few interested in Moffit, what's his story?

Well, I rarely have a draft binkie and don't trust my judgement much (still, I wasn't wrong about TY Hilton :)) but he more or less WAS the offense at UCLA -- throw it up and let JF catch it. Don't see why it wouldn't work in the pros.

Seems too much like Tim Wright - a pass catcher that just can't block.

Damn was hoping Tebow would make it. I love how angry people get over him. Guy is just a great person but for some reason people can't stand him. Wish he had one more try to see how much longer his ugly ass play could win him games.

He should try playing for the CFL

He needed to switch positions a couple of years ago. His choice not to but I think it probably cost him the dream of playing in the NFL. He's worked under Chip Kelly, Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick. There can't be many more friendlier environments than that for him.

That kind of stubbornness will get you know nowhere in the NFL. He needs to put the team first and be open to changing positions.

The other 2 i get but with what they Paid Wayne they won't cut him i think. He has played well enough to go with.

I think they'll cut him. Miguel said they needed to make a move to get under the cap, and this is it.

They gave him 450k and probably told him to be patient, study the book, and see you in a couple of weeks.

I'll be very surprised if Wayne isn't catching passes from Brady by week 4 or so.

So that's another $0.5m dead money hit from Reggie Wayne coming our way. We've already release Grey and McClain.

Reggie was playing late in 4th preseason so it's consistent I guess but still disappointing.
He was most likely playing late so he can get up to speed faster. Dude needs a ton of reps to pick up offense. He's not even 2 weeks into the playbook. With his big signing bonus, it imo a way of showing them they want him here, but not until after 53 cuts so they dont have to lock in his entire salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST