PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official PostGame Thread - 2023 Week 7 - Patriots Win 29-25

Immediate Postgame Reactions
not to be a hater, but last drive consisted of a big screen pass and a few soft tosses. Yes, Mac got it done, but all simple passes.
In past opportunities he wouldn't have checked down like he did. People keep saying the bills were banged up on defense so we're we. They lost thier 2 best players and so did we.

Maybe the Brady/Bellichick divorce trauma finally sinks in for BB that he was taking the QB position for granted and all the greatest coach ego and experiments aside we need to support the QB with an Oline and guys that can catch the ball in the clutch. Brady was a confident driven superstar in the making from the start and did it without support most of the time but Mac can do it too with support and I think he can develop into another confident dynastic QB.

Whatever works
Agreed, the key going forward is scoring. Miami in defense can be had. 29 points against the bills if we can follow-up that with Miami we stand a good chance.

This was a wonderful performance in almost every respect.

Suddenly, the Pats looked like a sophisticated, modern offense that could keep the defense off balance. And the team fought every inch of the way. You can't ask for more -- only it's arrived six weeks late!

Sow's last two games at RG:

0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 hurry 2 penalties (11th/74 guards in pass block efficiency)

Considering he spent most of camp & the preseason at RT this is a huge development.
Mac actually looked like a Good QB yesterday with very good protection. Keep this current OL Owenu at Right Tackle made a Huge difference. Leave Sow @RG Mac will be happy.

Made the stupid mistake to turn on the radio. Half the callers are spinning yesterday into the Bills just sucked the Patriots did nothing and just were lucky to play the Bills when they sucked.

Yes, the Bills didn't play well yesterday. Part of it was on them. Part of it was on the Patriots.

Either way, people cannot enjoy a win after several weeks of Rod Rust type of football.

For those who watched the game. Do you think the team turned the corner or did buffalo just not play well?
It could very well be an isolated instance, with the team reverting back to horrible in Miami.

There are some fundamental problems and weaknesses talent and strategy-wise, which make the Patriots extremely vulnerable.

I'd prefer they build off of this, continue to improve and spank the Dolphins down there.

My concern since Brady left is they just aren't mean. They seem to lack mean, determined guys.

Quietly professional is great. But in this game, you need intimidation too.

It could very well be an isolated instance, with the team reverting back to horrible in Miami.

There are some fundamental problems and weaknesses talent and strategy-wise, which make the Patriots extremely vulnerable.

I'd prefer they build off of this, continue to improve and spank the Dolphins down there.

My concern since Brady left is they just aren't mean. They seem to lack mean, determined guys.

Quietly professional is great. But in this game, you need intimidation too.
If we hadn't lost our two best players on defense (Judon and Gonzo) I'd really be looking forward to this game.

Stealing JC Jackson and getting Jack Jones back helps, but BB is going to have to coach his ass off to keep this game close.

Thought the throw to Hunter Henry on 3rd and 8 was clutch. Props to Mac.
That was the game... Reminiscent of Edelman bobbled catch against falcons .. from a situation perspective.

Mac hung in tight and delivered a laser within 1 millisecond of getting hit. Stars just aligned else it could have been a strip sack. Who knows. Some luck finally smiling on us coupled with Mac playing a flawless game.

I want to be excited going in to MIA, but considering that the Bills D was not that good. BTW - Von Miller only played 6 snaps.
Our OL did a lot better, but could be because they didn't face a top D unit.
MIA has Phillips back (who didn't play wk. 2) Chubb, Van Ginkel, Wilkins always cause problems.
But lets hope X. Howard stays hurt 1 more week too.

I want to be excited going in to MIA, but considering that the Bills D was not that good. BTW - Von Miller only played 6 snaps.
MIA has Phillips back (who didn't play wk. 2) Chubb, Van Ginkel, Wilkins always cause problems.
Von Miller hasn't played much at all this year. The Bills have applied more pressure than any other team in football this year with Rousseau, Leonard Floyd and Epenesa. Not sure why those 3 guys didn't do much, they've been terrorizing teams all year.

Bills are second in the league in sacks. Before this weekend, they averaged 4 sacks per game.

Made the stupid mistake to turn on the radio. Half the callers are spinning yesterday into the Bills just sucked the Patriots did nothing and just were lucky to play the Bills when they sucked.

Yes, the Bills didn't play well yesterday. Part of it was on them. Part of it was on the Patriots.

Either way, people cannot enjoy a win after several weeks of Rod Rust type of football.
They were just sore there were not blatant problems to complain about. I thought it was a great game, even thought Mac looked like a real QB. I really enjoyed the game.

one interesting observation - there is no kraft giving a game ball to BB for the 300th win , something he has done in the past wins for BB.

It was a good sign but show us again. I thought I'd lost my half glass full guy status to a half glass empty one but yesterday has me reconsidering that. Let's hope that it wasn't our Superbowl this year. This season might be salvaged after all.
I’d love it but we are still 2-5. If we were 3-4 I might agree but we need to rip off 3 straight before I consider it salvaged. Get to 4-5 and then who knows!

Watching back some of the plays, the Bills rushed 5 or 6 guys on quite a few critical plays. The OL picked up the blitz extremely well and Mac also had several instances where he could definitely see the pressure but stood in there and got the pass away right on time for a big gain. It was really turning a corner.

The difference between Onwenu and Lowe at right tackle was night and day. Sow also looked good at guard. I feel like maybe Mac seeing the right side picking guys up built up his confidence and stopped him from playing scared, possibly? He certainly was less pressured but you could tell that he was mentally in a much better place, as if he trusted his line far more than he previously did. If the line can play that well again this weekend and if Mac can stay poised then they can absolutely score on Miami, especially with some of the potential injuries there.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back