PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official PostGame Thread - 2023 Week 7 - Patriots Win 29-25

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Sow's last two games at RG:

0 sacks, 0 hits, 1 hurry 2 penalties (11th/74 guards in pass block efficiency)

Considering he spent most of camp & the preseason at RT this is a huge development.

Interesting to see OL players shift from their drafted positions to new ones and excel. I wonder if this is a trend on other teams, and if so, what it means in the transition from college to pro.

Edit: clarified that I'm referring to OL players.

Based on game results today, and an assumption that Chargers will lose to Chiefs, Steelers will lose to Rams, and Dolphins will lose to Eagles later today/tomorrow:

Division winners:
Chiefs 6-1
Dolphins 5-2
Jaguars 5-2
Ravens 5-2
----
Wild card:
Buffalo 4-3
Colts 4-3
Steelers 3-3
----
Browns 3-3
Texans 3-3
Jets 3-3
Bengals 3-3
Raiders 3-4
Chargers 2-4
Titans 2-4
Patriots 2-5
Broncos 1-6

Patriots would only be 1.5 games behind the last wild card spot. Certainly not insurmountable. Plus many of the teams ahead of them have to play each other still, or still have to play several tough games. The Pats are mostly clearing their "tough" stretch.

If they can go 2-1 against Miami/Washington/Indianapolis before their bye week then I think they'll be primed to rest up and make a run after their bye against Giants/Chargers/Steelers/Chiefs/Broncos/Bills/Jets. That's a much softer slate - those are all teams they can beat if they play their A game like today, with the possible exception of KC, though maybe still.

Broncos are 2-5. The Pats have the tiebreaker over the Broncos, so they are 15th in the AFC playoff seeding.

Dxzm3teUUAES59d

Home
►NFL►NFL Post Season Probabilities
Sun Oct 22 11:15 pm

NFL - Week 7 of 18​

NFL Post Season Probabilities​

How far is your team going to proceed into the playoffs? The NFL Post Season Probabilities table presents the probabilities that your team will proceed to different playoff rounds. All future unplayed games are assumed won/lost with a probability based upon relative team strengths. Click a team name to proceed to the team playoff picture page.

Site Navigation

Data may change several
times on day of play
Bookmark site for easy return
NFL Post Season Probabilities
TeamConferenceWLT
RecordSuper Bowl WinnerSuper BowlConference ChampionshipRound 2Round 1
EaglesNFC61014%26%44%70%96%
ChiefsAFC61013%25%44%73%95%
Forty-NinersNFC51013%24%42%67%93%
LionsNFC5209%17%34%63%93%
RavensAFC5207%13%24%45%76%
JaguarsAFC5207%12%24%46%76%
SteelersAFC4206%12%22%42%72%
DolphinsAFC5205%10%20%41%71%
BrownsAFC4205%9%18%36%65%
CowboysNFC4204%9%18%37%68%
SeahawksNFC4203%7%14%31%59%
FalconsNFC4303%6%15%37%71%
TexansAFC3302%5%11%25%49%
BuccaneersNFC3302%4%10%26%51%
BillsAFC4302%4%9%21%41%
JetsAFC3302%4%9%21%40%
RamsNFC3401%2%6%16%37%
SaintsNFC3401%2%5%14%33%
ColtsAFC3401%2%5%14%32%
BengalsAFC3301%2%5%11%23%
PackersNFC240<1%1%3%10%26%
CommandersNFC340<1%1%3%10%24%
VikingsNFC240<1%1%3%9%22%
RaidersAFC340<1%1%2%7%17%
ChargersAFC240<1%1%2%7%17%
GiantsNFC250<1%1%2%6%14%
TitansAFC240<1%1%2%5%12%
BearsNFC250<1%<1%1%4%11%
PatriotsAFC250<1%<1%1%4%10%
BroncosAFC250<1%<1%<1%2%5%
CardinalsNFC160<1%<1%<1%<1%1%
PanthersNFC060<1%<1%<1%<1%1%
  • Notes
  • ^ means the team has already proceeded to the next playoff round
  • X means the team did not proceed to this playoff round
  • 50% - probability the team will proceed to this playoff round - green number indicates the team controls its destiny for this spot
  • 50% - probability the team will proceed to this playoff round - red number indicates the team does not control its destiny for this spot

Assuming you are right. There is no way to see it from the ref's level and I am guessing an overhead shot cannot show exactly where the ball is to give clear undisputable evidence that he didn't cross the line.

i was happy they scored then, all things considered.....more time left on the clock

but that one overhead i saw once was really, really iffy......i'll have to look back on the recording and find that view

not really a concern at all, just wanted to see if i was the only one seeing things

Why are you posting this after a game where he completed 83.3% of his passes, threw no picks, the only near pick was not a play where he extended the play, and one fumble that happened inside the pocket?

It was a fair criticism for other games, but not this one. For the most part, Jones stayed in the pocket and made the throws this week.
Because that’s what he avoided doing. The few times he hung onto the ball he just ended up taking a beating he probably would have preferred avoiding.

He did great. The almost pick was a deflection.

The Pats don't have any good offensive players thanks to GM Bill Belichick.

The Pats RBs ran for 4.0 ypc.
All 3 TEs made big plays including that Bust from Florida Gesicki.
Douglas gave the Buffalo defense all they handle.
Bourne had a good game sans fumble.
Nothing on McKorkie?

A lot of folks highlighted this but my immediate thought is just that they weren't looking to throw deep much because of the wind. They were really just focusing on the run and short/intermediate passing, so Thornton's speed wasn't that necessary and it made sense to let him rest up a bit and give more reps to Pop and Reagor who was on his final elevation to get a better evaluation on him.
Thanks. That makes incredible sense. I mean Mac's longest air yards throw was longer than JAllen's.

Hoping the improvement carries over to a road game in Miami. Tua is still BBs daddy. Or BB is Tua's *****... However that goes...

not to be a hater, but last drive consisted of a big screen pass and a few soft tosses. Yes, Mac got it done, but all simple passes.

If your smurf was QB they would have won by 60. 2-0 last year and did you see that throw at the combine? Wow!
I'll agree.. his minimal usage is right up there with mills not being deployed at FS.. allowing Dugger to play more closely to the LOS. Mapu definitely has a future here. I believe he'll see time more as the season continues on..

I dunno. Bill still brings a lot of value in form of a HC that continually fields a very strong defense. Yesterday somewhat "folded" in the second half, but in all reality, they held a strong offense to again a low score for a long time. Without three key players on the front 7. And JC is looking better than he did with the Chargers, which is another reminder how his coaching brings a very high level of value to the team overall by continually putting players in their best position to succeed on defense.

I do agree that if we wants to take any wins record seriously, or the next season in general, he really needs to take a long look at his drafting personnel and philosophy and switch it up. I'll be really disappointed if we keep up the same **** in that regard.
Folded definitely deserves to be in quotes. The Bourne fumble to give buf the ball at the NE29 was not fair to them after having to deal with that so many times already this season.

Belichick's complaint about the officiating got me thinking...
Belichick has always has issues with Blakeman's crew going back to 2013 in the Panthers game when Gronkowski was mugged at the end and they threw a flag and picked it up... as uncatchable. Yeah, if a guy has him arms around you, you cant catch it..

see video below

'Uncatchable': Ref explains wild MNF ending

Because that’s what he avoided doing. The few times he hung onto the ball he just ended up taking a beating he probably would have preferred avoiding.

He did great. The almost pick was a deflection.

Sorry, I thought you were criticizing him.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back